Catch Wrestling United IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice Frank Shamrocks coaching shinning thru last night on Fight Master, one of his guys attempted a nice rolling knee bar (or Monkey Roll as he calls it), this was distinct Shamrock grappling and great defensive wrestling that they would have game planned vs his wrestling opponent.

Get taken down, give up the back, roll thru for the leg attack. Will be interesting to see what other things come out during the fights in regards to training.

Also cool to see him make a smart. choice for his fight team
With that last pick. Not just taking the best all around fighter, but taking the wrestler, knowing his skills would be taught to the team!!
Hope they show a lot more of the actual training!!

Last edited:
Looking at some of those old black and white photos of catch wrestlers, they were some super swole mofos. How did they acquire their physiques? Through strongman type exercises or through weights and bomba? Did bomba even exist at that time?

Looking at some of those old black and white photos of catch wrestlers, they were some super swole mofos. How did they acquire their physiques? Through strongman type exercises or through weights and bomba? Did bomba even exist at that time?

What pics?

There is a rich history that links CACC to carnival strongmen in both Europe and America as well as your just plain strong blue collar workers.

The 4 members of the 2008 US Freestyle Team have a combines 29-0 MMA record!!!!!!

Cormier 12-0
Askren 11-0
Cejudo 4-0
Mocco 2-0

Nice to see Mighty Mouse use aggressive takedowns coupled with an aggressive submission game from top, continuously hunting the DWL/Kimura. Anytime he was in danger of being on bottom he used sub attempts to get back to standing or reverse rather than continue to seek the sub from his back.

Great example of what modern Catch should look like in MMA today, IMO.

King Mo and Askren showed how dominant wrestling truly is, opponents were wanting, but they sure made it effortless!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Title you might like the Miesha Interview I got out tomorrow along w Hendricks. Ronda out now on UFC page. Also, talked to Crazy Bob a min, let them know he is mentioned on here about his Catch background filtering to AKA guys and he said "well, yep, that's my background"

Nice, I will look for the interview for sure! Kinda fun to have two girls with big Catch influences go head to head coaching on TUF.

Tate interview as well as Ronda, and Cat, and Tate vs Ronda ESPN vids on the UFC forum now FYI. Ronda talks about training with Manny at 16 ground work for a year at Hayastan in my Press Conf. HL Vid. Tate confirmed training with my friend Hallman first 2 yrs....so there is your Catch connections on both. Hallman last night wrote me about how great my Anti Cage Tactics are working out for him in live training, I showed a bit on in First Seminar DVD, and much Greater Detail my 2nd Seminar that I have sent to him and he endorses.
My Tech questions and pressers, impressed Jones enough and Ronda yr ground work hist!

My Interview HL with a lot of people sharing our training stories or little Anecdotes over the years etc

King Mo and Askren showed how dominant wrestling truly is, opponents were wanting, but they sure made it effortless!!!!!!!!!!

Askren was quite dominant. Made his opponent look like he didn't belong in there. HOWEVER, the fact is that Askren could've ended that fight at just about any time he wanted, yet, he chose to deliberately drag it out as long as possible.

If he handled the fight better he could've had made a number of new fans, but I think that he actually drove more away.

If he handled the fight better he could've had made a number of new fans, but I think that he actually drove more away.

Yeah, he may have to play up that heal roll a bit more to keep people interested. As the UFC thins it's ranks "named" opponents and TUF rejects will be become available for him to test himself and to interest people. Don't think he should rush it tho, just take a look at the Herion fight to see he needs work before moving to the highest level.

I would like to see him vs. Ben Saunders!

BRCMMZ7CAAEuwS8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back