Catch Wrestling United IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tate interview as well as Ronda, and Cat, and Tate vs Ronda ESPN vids on the UFC forum now FYI. Ronda talks about training with Manny at 16 ground work for a year at Hayastan in my Press Conf. HL Vid. Tate confirmed training with my friend Hallman first 2 yrs....so there is your Catch connections on both. Hallman last night wrote me about how great my Anti Cage Tactics are working out for him in live training, I showed a bit on in First Seminar DVD, and much Greater Detail my 2nd Seminar that I have sent to him and he endorses.
My Tech questions and pressers, impressed Jones enough and Ronda yr ground work hist!

My Interview HL with a lot of people sharing our training stories or little Anecdotes over the years etc

Can you elaborate about your anti cage tactics?

What di you mean exactly? I'm working on some stuff from the cage (mostly elbow from a lots of weird angle)

Can you elaborate about your anti cage tactics?

What di you mean exactly? I'm working on some stuff from the cage (mostly elbow from a lots of weird angle)

Yeah, would to hear what his thoughts are!!! I would highly suggest when your back is to the cage and your opponent is leaning on you trying to take you down that you WRESTLE! You can find opportunities to get strikes in here and there, but minimally, you should be straight wrestling to reverse the position and get your back off the cage. The more you mix in striking with your back against the cage the more opportunity you have to loose the wrestling match, IMO.

Yeah, would to hear what his thoughts are!!! I would highly suggest when your back is to the cage and your opponent is leaning on you trying to take you down that you WRESTLE! You can find opportunities to get strikes in here and there, but minimally, you should be straight wrestling to reverse the position and get your back off the cage. The more you mix in striking with your back against the cage the more opportunity you have to loose the wrestling match, IMO.

I agree with you.

For myself, i'm talking about when yku got your opponent pinned on the cage.

In fight, you will hear me say things like : high! Low! Etc to be sure my guy is working leg (single or double) and upper body clinch/throws or foot sweep ( kouchi/ouchi gari).

Meanwhile, from those position, you can go for some nasty elbow. As an example, you can let go a single leg, to throw a nasty upward elbow. I like to work on those elbows from that kind of position.

Hope that make sense, sorry for my bad english.

My Cage Tactics are not like anything anyone in MMA is doing, if everyone knew, Wall N Stall would die (and since I suggested the tactic to Randy during a Q and A June 13 at Fighter screening we were giving nice invitations that day working on the film "Redbelt" before his Gonzaga fight and then it became so popular I kinda feel responsible). I demonstrate it a bit at the end of my 1st Seminar DVD that is available. I go into great deal my 2nd Seminar but not available on DVD yet though I have sent it to Hallman and Baroni & showed some of it to one top UFC fighter last year that said he was using one technique effectively in training. Anyone fighting Cain or DC should really bring me in for at least a week, I could really help. Unfortunately at presser I didn't get a chance at all to meet JDS, though I have sent a couple vids to people associated with him, who knows if it has gotten to him and he trained some of the easy stuff or not IDK.

It's not greatest MMA wrestlers in history, it's the top credentialed wrestlers who have fought in UFC.

Thought some might appreciate this stuff (even if I miss spoke once, but only a nit picker would pick)

yeah Hornbuckle is tough, lanky......
Yeah he really is, Hallman usually does pretty well against that body style but Hornbuckle will have the length standing and is pretty damn good off his back.

Title what did you think of my vid

Literally just got done watching while hanging at my kids football practice. I would like to see some more detail about that arm heave from the DWL/Kimura from guard, plus some transitions if the lock doesn't work (ie. omaplata?)

Also really think alernatives to the RNC in MMA are going to be the next evolution in MMA grappling. Especially the way you see more and more guys using leg weaves and wrestling rides!

I'm off to grappling now and will be looking to try out that step around Key lock from side control.

Got full stockaded by a Paulson / Robinson student last night. Didn't know who he was at first. I've gotten lazy guarding my neck just rolling with jiu jitsu guys, and now my stretched neck is paying for it heh.

Which reminds me, anyone know when Mr. Robinson is doing more seminars?

Got full stockaded by a Paulson / Robinson student last night. Didn't know who he was at first. I've gotten lazy guarding my neck just rolling with jiu jitsu guys, and now my stretched neck is paying for it heh.

Believe he has one coming up in Los Angeles shortly, and he'll be back over in England later in the year. I'd imagine he'll be in New Jersey again at some point, unless he's been recently and I forgot. I can ask around, what location would best suit you (bearing in mind his limited travelling schedule)? Basically Wast Coast or West Coast?

Believe he has one coming up in Los Angeles shortly, and he'll be back over in England later in the year. I'd imagine he'll be in New Jersey again at some point, unless he's been recently and I forgot. I can ask around, what location would best suit you (bearing in mind his limited travelling schedule)? Basically Wast Coast or West Coast?

I'm in the Midwest, closer to the mma school he is associated with than the coasts. I'm not sure whether he runs seminars out of there at all but I hope so. I might have to email Roli Delgado or Hillary.

As for the coasts, I could possibly fly out for a weekend. He's one of the few I'd blow that much money to learn from. Any scheduling you could dig up would be appreciated.

Ha! I went into last night with the intent to work some interesting stuff and ended up getting bound up for the most part by a high level purple with unreal grips.:(. Was on top a lot, but man he had ahold of me....:icon_neut

I'm in the Midwest, closer to the mma school he is associated with than the coasts. I'm not sure whether he runs seminars out of there at all but I hope so. I might have to email Roli Delgado or Hillary.

As for the coasts, I could possibly fly out for a weekend. He's one of the few I'd blow that much money to learn from. Any scheduling you could dig up would be appreciated.

Maybe getting to Arkansas might be best for you. I can ask either Roli or Hillary at some point if you'd like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back