Catholic Ash Wednesday devotees suffer burns.

ShinkanPo

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
  • Several devotees of Caloocan particularly those who had their foreheads crossed at San Roque Cathedral during Ash Wednesday suffered minor burns or rashes on their skin
  • Some children were also reportedly affected as the church also conducted school-to-school masses
  • The Cathedral apologized, gave first aid to those who came to them, offered to reimburse any expenses to have the affected skin cured, and promised to investigate the incident

Full story here
http://kickerdaily.com/posts/2018/0...suffer-minor-burns-rashes-from-ash-wednesday/

Catholic bishops will investigate, the incident to see if this a form of sabotage against the Catholic church in Philippines.
http://www.catholicnews.com/service...rs-investigation-into-ash-wednesday-burns.cfm

So I wonder what the priests used to make these ashes they probably used gasoline and the residue burned the devotees.

Screenshot_5-4.png

I am no longer practicing the faith so I haven't had this ash on my forehead for a long time but even then I always view as sort of none sense as I know other Christian groups don't have these ceremonies. But I won't go as far as to openly mock those who burned and call them demons or use the unfortunate incident to bash the Church like what some born again Christians are already doing kinda sad.

To bad ripskater is gone would like to hear from him for this one.

Full story here
http://kickerdaily.com/posts/2018/0...suffer-minor-burns-rashes-from-ash-wednesday/

Catholic bishops will investigate, the incident to see if this a form of sabotage against the Catholic church in Philippines.
http://www.catholicnews.com/service...rs-investigation-into-ash-wednesday-burns.cfm

So I wonder what the priests used to make these ashes they probably used gasoline and the residue burned the devotees.

Screenshot_5-4.png

I am no longer practicing the faith so I haven't had this ash on my forehead for a long time but even then I always view as sort of none sense as I know other Christian groups don't have these ceremonies. But I won't go as far as to openly mock those who burned and call them demons or use the unfortunate incident to bash the Church like what some born again Christians are already doing kinda sad.
With the advent of mass media, science education, knowledge of evolution and news - are the number of atheists and agnostics in the Philippines increasing?

And don't people have the urge to return to their native faiths? Since Catholicism is a European imposition, and Christianity the faith of a very different race and culture? Several years ago I read about some Amazonian natives abandoning Catholicism and returning to their pre-Columbian native faiths. Despite the Cultural Imperialism of Christians in North America, many native Tribes proudly retain their native faiths. Some years back I read about some Iranian groups converting Muslim Iranians to Zoroastrianism, because Islam is a faith imposed by Arab invaders on Iranians.

sounds like op is just trying to pick a fight.

With the advent of mass media, science education, knowledge of evolution and news - are the number of atheists and agnostics in the Philippines increasing?

And don't people have the urge to return to their native faiths? Since Catholicism is a European imposition, and Christianity the faith of a very different race and culture? Several years ago I read about some Amazonian natives abandoning Catholicism and returning to their pre-Columbian native faiths. Despite the Cultural Imperialism of Christians in North America, many native Tribes proudly retain their native faiths. Some years back I read about some Iranian groups converting Muslim Iranians to Zoroastrianism, because Islam is a faith imposed by Arab invaders on Iranians.

There are some small Atheist groups and I think it is getting a wider acceptance compared to the previous decade, I used to be a member of a couple of Filipino language Atheist/Agnostic groups in Facebook. But I have to quit because it got super lame and boring really fast they won't stop attacking religions and none stop memes and endless debates with Pinoy versions of RipSkater.

I mean if they want to create some Atheist safe space they should just focus on giving advice to new Atheists still living in a community or family where Atheism is still frowned upon but it seems they want to teach the Atheist youth that if you want to be an Atheist you have to be an asshole as well.

And it is getting hi jacked by communist shits there are even Putin worshipers there for some weird reason.

Pre Islamic, and Pre Christian culture of the Philippines including the combination of Hindu and Budhism is no longer existent. There are some Budhist but that is modern Budhism, Philippine Medieval Budhism is intermixed with Animism,Paganism and Hindoism

There are some small Atheist groups and I think it is getting a wider acceptance compared to the previous decade, I used to be a member of a couple of Filipino language Atheist/Agnostic groups in Facebook. But I have to quit because it got super lame and boring really fast they won't stop attacking religions and none stop memes and endless debates with Pinoy versions of RipSkater.

I mean if they want to create some Atheist safe space they should just focus on giving advice to new Atheists still living in a community or family where Atheism is still frowned upon but it seems they want to teach the Atheist youth that if you want to be an Atheist you have to be an asshole as well.

And it is getting hi jacked by communist shits there are even Putin worshipers there for some weird reason.

Pre Islamic, and Pre Christian culture of the Philippines including the combination of Hindu and Budhism is no longer existent. There are some Budhist but that is modern Budhism, Philippine Medieval Budhism is intermixed with Animism,Paganism and Hindoism
I was think pre-Islamic Pre-Hindu Pre-Buddhist animism or paganism. Or even just Buddhism combined with indegenous Austronesian beliefs.

The Japanese never accepted Islam or Christianity because they are too proud to ever worship another race. They do follow Buddhism but never abandoned their indigenous Shinto faith, and besides Buddhism does not require the worship of a god or messiah (Abrahamic god and Jesus) from a specific ethnolinguistic group (Hebrews) nor the elevation of a person from 1 race/ethnic group (Arabs) as a prophet.

There are some Nordic people who have abandoned Christianity and gone back to Norse religions, because the later is MiddleEastern.

I was think pre-Islamic Pre-Hindu Pre-Buddhist animism or paganism. Or even just Buddhism combined with indegenous Austronesian beliefs.

The Japanese never accepted Islam or Christianity because they are too proud to ever worship another race. They do follow Buddhism but never abandoned their indigenous Shinto faith, and besides Buddhism does not require the worship of a god or messiah (Abrahamic god and Jesus) from a specific ethnolinguistic group (Hebrews) nor the elevation of a person from 1 race/ethnic group (Arabs) as a prophet.

There are some Nordic people who have abandoned Christianity and gone back to Norse religions, because the later is MiddleEastern.

Good for the Japanese their way of life is not compatible with Christanism or Islam.

I think in feudal Japan even thoug homosexuality is discourage they are not criminalized and same sex partners have been expected as long as they have a hetero partner that can produce family.

I am sure Tokugawa Iesu was horrified to learn he can longer fuck young Samurais at the Dojo if the Christians took over!

I will embrace a religion that does not guilt trip me if I rub one out too often.

Speaking of Japan and the Philippines during the pre edo period they executed a filipino who later became a saint for preaching Christianity. ! And some Japanese Christians moved to the Philippines

Obviously they were all sinners and that's why they got burned. It was a test to find out who has been sleeping with the devil/reading Harry Potter.

Obviously they were all sinners and that's why they got burned. It was a test to find out who has been sleeping with the devil/reading Harry Potter.
Or who blew up the bathroom.

Good for the Japanese their way of life is not compatible with Christanism or Islam.

I think in feudal Japan even thoug homosexuality is discourage they are not criminalized and same sex partners have been expected as long as they have a hetero partner that can produce family.

I am sure Tokugawa Iesu was horrified to learn he can longer fuck young Samurais at the Dojo if the Christians took over!

I will embrace a religion that does not guilt trip me if I rub one out too often.

Speaking of Japan and the Philippines during the pre edo period they executed a filipino who later became a saint for preaching Christianity. ! And some Japanese Christians moved to the Philippines
You know what I find interesting is that more East Asians don't steadfastly hold onto their native faiths. Because Christianity or Islam are so culturally and ethnically alien to East Asia. The Chinese by and large, are like the Japanese, they refuse to worship another race's gods and prophets. Not sure about Koreans, but I am surprised Christianity is as popular there as it is, considering how nationalist they are.

You know what I find interesting is that more East Asians don't steadfastly hold onto their native faiths. Because Christianity or Islam are so culturally and ethnically alien to East Asia. The Chinese by and large, are like the Japanese, they refuse to worship another race's gods and prophets. Not sure about Koreans, but I am surprised Christianity is as popular there as it is, considering how nationalist they are.

It is just kinda Sad that Roman Catholicism in the Country has been the source of some Dumb rituals or "Miracles" like not to long ago people drank water contaminated with feces because they believe the water coming out of a statue of Virgin Marry heals people. Catholicism is supposed to be the religion of education and sciences as it is a product of the Roman Empire and much later Spanish empire.

Oh well check our Filipino Saint San Lorenzo Ruiz he was tortured by the Japanese hang upside down onto a shit pit!

S4010628.jpg

Check out that feet man!

It is just kinda Sad that Roman Catholicism in the Country has been the source of some Dumb rituals or "Miracles" like not to long ago people drank water contaminated with feces because they believe the water coming out of a statue of Virgin Marry heals people. Catholicism is supposed to be the religion of education and sciences as it is a product of the Roman Empire and much later Spanish empire.

Oh well check our Filipino Saint San Lorenzo Ruiz he was tortured by the Japanese hang upside down onto a shit pit!

S4010628.jpg

Check out that feet man!

I was a staunch Catholic for half my life. I went to Lourdes twice, on pilgrimage. My family brought back Lourdes holy water, and we used to take a drop every now and then. We totally believed it was holy water, and not just water. Anyways that was long time ago. I gave up on religion and became an agnostic about 20 years ago, and never considered going back. We do contribute to Catholic charities though; one of my aunt's brothers is a Catholic priest who helps people in developing countries. He's been all over, including South East Asia. I remember my parents buying sewing machines, water purification equipment and other stuff for him to take back to the countries he was based in.

There a lot of decent kind hearted Christian humanitarians who do try and help people, and do not attempt to evangelize or impose the religion.

Catholic schools were/are known for good education, but on the flip-side it also fosters superstition and irrational thinking with its support for Saints, miracles and having people believe the super natural claims in the Bible. But the later is true for all Christianity. Catholics are also prone to seeing images of Jesus or the Virgin Mary in all manner of places.

Last edited:
The Catholic church is like the Patriots of the world religions. They are the most successful organization, and their past successes (and excesses) get them a whole lot of resentment...and their "Pope Belichek" always seems to be either adored by fan(atic)s, or absolutely reviled (as the anti-christ)

Islam kind of reminds me of the raiders. Had a proud history, and their "Muhammad" Al Davis was also said to be either a great man or a POS. And some of their fan(atic)s have an outsized reputation for being...committed to their team.

What "teams" are you guys on?

Last edited:
The Catholic church is like the Patriots of the world religions. They are the most successful organization, and their past successes (and excesses) get them a whole lot of resentment...and their "Pope Belichek" always seems to be either adored by fans, or absolutely reviled (as the anti-christ)

Islam kind of reminds me of the raiders. Had a proud history, and their "Muhammad" Al Davis was also said to be either a great man or a POS.

What "teams" are you guys on?

Haahahha fun take on religions.

But holly new account Batman!

Back