Catholic Church sex abuse ongoing and shocking

The pope is blaming the devil. No mate, it’s the peado priests your sheltering.

2018 and still yet to have a visit from the big g, even with all this child fucking going on in his house. What a stand up guy.

The oldest criminal organization

Are there any statistics compared to other organizations about the prevalence of abuse?

The Boy Scouts have been a defendant in more than 200 federal lawsuits since 2008.

No, they are a criminal organization who has systematically sheltered men and women whose crimes would make any sinful fornicator wince. They deserve no quarter. They deserve to be treated like any other criminal organization, with RICO. Let us see anyone even tangentially involved with the covering up or instigation of the torture and rape of children put behind bars, and the Church's property seized.

Even those guys get a chance to cooperate to make it easier on the investigators/ prosecutors as well as on themselves -- and by easier, I mean devastating sentences and finacial penalities, but they'll be able to keep the lights on for the true believers. No cooperation? Leave nothing behind; auction its archives and turn the Vatican into a strip mall.

And there should be a time limit on this offer. Say, 30 days?

Are there any statistics compared to other organizations about the prevalence of abuse?

The Boy Scouts have been a defendant in more than 200 federal lawsuits since 2008.

It makes you wonder who the real boy scouts are.

Its pretty bad. They really need to reform and make it so priests can marry again.
Not being married doesn’t cause you to become a pedophile. The problem is pedophiles seek positions through which they can have easy acess to children without outside supervision. It happens in mosques too, and imams can get married.

These things do not happen out of thin air, and a culture that protects it is and shows all the signs of having been cultivated over a long period of time.

Two things -

The "gay" wing of the church has done a lot to enable this practice.

A couple of addendums for the easily triggered -

- Yes, not all gay men are interested in young teenage boys/twinks, it would be grossly unfair to assume so.

- Yes, the targets are juvenile boys, this is not pedophilia, it is a sick form of predatory behavior on teenage boys. Some of the perpetrators may be demented pedophiles, others are (In any reasonable measure) gay men who found an outlet in the priesthood that provided dangerously young "twinks" for the score.

That from all accounts and in the way that culture/as well as gay culture work, should be undeniably true, but is not very PC and no doubt many will howl at the implications.

It is also fair that the implications should not be used to condemn gay men as a group, as that will be unfair and cause more problems than it solves.

Secondly, the gay priests of the church have a powerful bloc, not all of them, or perhaps most of them are not after boys, but we all have a tendency to A - protect our own B - protected our sympathizers.

Pope Francis and Pope Benedict both relied on some Cardinals who were turning a blind eye towards, actively protecting of, or even engaged in gay sex with victimized boys.

Most people know that I am not a judgemental type, however, that can not stand, this is the one and perhaps only opportunity to "clean house" and show the -world- that the Catholic Church is serious about taking no tolerance to predation on young boys.

If it means toppling Pope Francis, toppling many cardinals, priests, et al. it must be done, or the abdominal behavior will not be dealt with, and the specter will rightly haunt the Church.

@splendica @Devout Pessimist @Ripskater

An adult man having anal sex with a young boy is homosexuality, pedophilia, and rape.

This same phenomenon within the Catholic Church continues to occur all around the world, year after year after year.

The Catholic church’s response all around the world, year after year, is also the same. Internal investigation, forgive the homosexual-pedophile-rapist, move him to a new location, do not inform the new local area, and do not EVER call the authorities.

Catholics are great people. I love them as my brothers and sisters in Christ. There is, however, a yeast at the highest levels of leadership in the Catholic Church that we as normal human beings have difficulty comprehending. The reason they keep getting caught is the kids keep speaking up. I wonder if they’ve ever destroyed the evidence.

Any of you guys Catholics? Any firsthand knowledge?
I went to Catholic school (some Catholic schools actually) but my mom wasn’t very Catholic and very skeptical of priests. Mid-90’s, she and my grandfather basically told me priests are often pedo’s and do not trust them.

The pope is blaming the devil. No mate, it’s the peado priests your sheltering.

2018 and still yet to have a visit from the big g, even with all this child fucking going on in his house. What a stand up guy.

Yahweh be like
FatalBoringIndianringneckparakeet-size_restricted.gif

On one hand, this shit is making me look bad. On the other hand, what is procrastination in the scope of eternity?

I am outraged as anyone, but I would really like to see prevalence figures as compared to sports clubs, boarding schools, kindergartens, other religious organisations, and so on. I would assume it's higher, but I wonder how much. The Catholic church does seem to attract a clientele that has a fucked up personality and sexuality, but child abuse occurs everywhere in society.

I grew up in Pennsylvania in one of the Diocese that housed these Predators. I hit up a previous thread about this issue. As others said; there is a structure to the institution that enables these abuses and also a culture from the parishioners that makes the abuse easier.

The Church has a hierarchy and you will have horrible people who will rise to the upper ranks of the hierarchy and enable the abuses to happen. The Parishioners had placed the Priests in positions of trust; in contact with their children from Baptism and beyond. This is the perfect environment for Predators. You'll see Pedos anywhere there is access to children and a level of trust that is easily exploited.

The Church was raking in dough and ruling people's lives through fear of eternal punishment and practices like the absolution of sin. They chose to do what was right for their institution instead of what was right for the "flock" that they supposedly watched over. That is why I'm no longer a Catholic and don't care if the Church folds although I would admittedly be a bit sad to see it go away or get replaced with something even worse.

You're suggesting they don't know they're not supposed to diddle children?

Something needs to change, there's been too much abuse.

The easiest change is for them not to fuck little kids. What’s so hard for you to understand?
Another great change would be that they get reported to the police instead of the Catholic Church covering it up and allowing them to continue to rape more children.
Letting a priest get married isn’t going to change shit. A priest doesn’t go “it’s against the rules for me to have sex with a woman so I’ll just fuck a kid instead”. They rape children because they’re fucking pedophiles.
Every church that has been proven to cover this shit up needs to have everything, including the building, seized and auctioned off. Proceeds can go to a charity to help victims of these sick fucks.

Not being married doesn’t cause you to become a pedophile. The problem is pedophiles seek positions through which they can have easy acess to children without outside supervision. It happens in mosques too, and imams can get married.
No, but its a good start with getting normal men involved.

An adult man having anal sex with a young boy is homosexuality, pedophilia, and rape.

This same phenomenon within the Catholic Church continues to occur all around the world, year after year after year.

The Catholic church’s response all around the world, year after year, is also the same. Internal investigation, forgive the homosexual-pedophile-rapist, move him to a new location, do not inform the new local area, and do not EVER call the authorities.

Catholics are great people. I love them as my brothers and sisters in Christ. There is, however, a yeast at the highest levels of leadership in the Catholic Church that we as normal human beings have difficulty comprehending. The reason they keep getting caught is the kids keep speaking up. I wonder if they’ve ever destroyed the evidence.

Why is it so hard to close down these churches?

No, but its a good start with getting normal men involved.
...Why? I've never understood this. What exactly about celibacy makes you attracted to young boys? They could just aswell have sex with women.

...Why? I've never understood this. What exactly about celibacy makes you attracted to young boys? They could just aswell have sex with women.
I guess I'm saying the celibacy thing it deterring normal hetro men from going into priesthood.

Back