Catholic school fires lesbian teacher.

If:

1. The school does not receive government funding, and
2. The belief system of the school precludes certain behaviours

They are absolutely entitled to fire someone that doesn't follow that moral code. I'm an atheist and think this is ridiculous... it's a Catholic school and she's not following Catholic principles. Goodbye.

Was she fired because she is a lesbo? Catholic Schools in general are more tolerant of Homos I guess it depends in the country I have know a lot of gay people who teach at Catholic schools some bad some really good.

If the school is accredited or given standing by any part of American government in any way, or receives any tax money for any purpose, they should be forced to change policy immediately or lose all standing/money. Simple. Religious bigotry should receive no form of government endorsement whatsoever.

If the school is accredited or given standing by any part of American government in any way, or receives any tax money for any purpose, they should be forced to change policy immediately or lose all standing/money. Simple. Religious bigotry should receive no form of government endorsement whatsoever.

I honestly dont think it is fair to call it bigotry. I dont want to argue back and forth all night and I am not even saying they are right in their beliefs but I know for a fact that bigotry and prejudice is not the motive for many religious people.

I honestly dont think it is fair to call it bigotry. I dont want to argue back and forth all night and I am not even saying they are right in their beliefs but I know for a fact that bigotry and prejudice is not the motive for many religious people.
We don't have to argue. It's bigotry by definition.

We don't have to argue. It's bigotry by definition.

You think it is intolerance to want to educate your children according to a way of life that views sexuality as profoundly sacred and holds the life creating aspect of sexuality and the love dimension (permanent nearly unconditional comitment to a husband and wife) as paramount to a healthy and full sexuality.

I think the exclusion of homosexuals from this is accidental and not intentional even if it has been and is among some Christians.

Its just a fucked up situation and I hate it all around especially for those who have been harmed by exclusion and prejudice.

On the other hand the subjective experience of holding these sacred views of sexuality are profound, hard to come by, and deeply rewarding even in terms of the sex act itself. I came to this later in life and in every way have an incredible experience of marriage and sex. Far and away above anything I participated in before in the secular world.

I always thought privately funded religious.schools were a perfect compromise especially considering that my tax dollars still fund public schools without.costing them anything. I gladly pay those taxes by the way and wouldn't want to get out of them.

Accreditation is not a government thing. It's is done my accreditation organizations that are not part of a government organization.

I believe that is because:

1. They are regional.
2. They don't develop curriculum, they simply see if the schools are adhering to the curriculum set forth.

With that said, I can't find any information on their website regarding if they are accredited or not:

http://www.stspeter-paul.org/

I've worked at and been a parent at schools that were going throw the initial accreditation process...or the renewal process after ten years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_...ion_accreditation_organizations#United_States

Accreditation is not a government thing. It's is done my accreditation organizations that are not part of a government organization.

I believe that is because:

1. They are regional.
2. They don't develop curriculum, they simply see if the schools are adhering to the curriculum set forth.

With that said, I can't find any information on their website regarding if they are accredited or not:

http://www.stspeter-paul.org/

I've worked at and been a parent at schools that were going throw the initial accreditation process...or the renewal process after ten years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_...ion_accreditation_organizations#United_States
Thanks, I thought so but I was trying to cover all the bases- point being that no state or federal government graces, favors, spatulas or cheese of any kind should go to any school that discriminates religiously. I would bet this school is still getting government money or the benefit of taxes in some way (not including stuff like basic utilities obviously).

@Fawlty

Quick google search reveals that Catholic schools do receive some federal funding. I dont know how much....

You think it is intolerance to want to educate your children according to a way of life that views sexuality as profoundly sacred and holds the life creating aspect of sexuality and the love dimension (permanent nearly unconditional comitment to a husband and wife) as paramount to a healthy and full sexuality.

I think the exclusion of homosexuals from this is accidental and not intentional even if it has been and is among some Christians.

Its just a fucked up situation and I hate it all around especially for those who have been harmed by exclusion and prejudice.

On the other hand the subjective experience of holding these sacred views of sexuality are profound, hard to come by, and deeply rewarding even in terms of the sex act itself. I came to this later in life and in every way have an incredible experience of marriage and sex. Far and away above anything I participated in before in the secular world.

I always thought privately funded religious.schools were a perfect compromise especially considering that my tax dollars still fund public schools without.costing them anything. I gladly pay those taxes by the way and wouldn't want to get out of them.
If those sacred teachings or sacred emotions or sacred sexual aesthetic considerations or sacred whatever boil down to not hiring a lesbian, then it's bigotry, and there's no line of apology that can escape that in the end. I do understand that people love to justify bigotry by calling things sacred though. People are free to be bigots most of the time. I'd rather be spared the sanctimonious globby jibber jabber of sacred incredible deeply profound dimensions, and thankfully secular law does a pretty good job of that.

If those sacred teachings or sacred emotions or sacred sexual aesthetic considerations or sacred whatever boil down to not hiring a lesbian, then it's bigotry, and there's no line of apology that can escape that in the end. I do understand that people love to justify bigotry by calling things sacred though. People are free to be bigots most of the time. I'd rather be spared the sanctimonious globby jibber jabber of sacred incredible deeply profound dimensions, and thankfully secular law does a pretty good job of that.

Well you have a very strong opinion that I think fails to take into consideration differing views and approaches to life. I feel like there is room for more diversity than that in this world personally. Left up to me I would want to ensure that everyone had the chance to life a life of dignity in alignment with their core values. I have to believe there is room for everyone and all types but I dont think they all have to be in the same building.

any established group is in their crosshairs for destruction.
tyt is a marxist channel under the guise of progressiveism

Oof.

You're a really dumb person under the guise of a pretty dumb person.

Iv seen this film before
The hot young nun in charge gives the lzbo a chance to 'earn her job back' when they are all alone
Later a oldish looking schoolgirl walks in on them and assists

Back