CCW? What's In / On Your Waistband?

Ruger SR9c I carry at 4:30 iwb. I like that it has the manual thumb safety which I understand glocks trigger safeties are perfectly adequate, but I'm used to rifles and shotguns and it gives me piece of mind when carrying and I drill thumbing that in the same motion of my draw and it's muscle memory now

Carry with the 10 round compact magazine without the pinky extender so that it doesn't print against my shirt and I can shoot just as well with my pinky under the mag now. Full 17 round magazine is in by hack pocket.

Looking at getting a sig p238 for my wife. She's rather small, and the heavier all metal gun with the 380 round will be what works best for her

For hiking around big coastal brown bear country I picked up a 454 casul Alaskan. It's relatively small for being a "hand cannon", can fit in my back pocket and really packs a punch. I upgraded after running into a sow with cubs last year with only a glock20 . It was a little to exciting.

454 with 360gr buffalo bore has incredible penetration .

Holy fuck, that looks unpleasant.

Holy fuck, that looks unpleasant.
The thing has one hell of a kick. It pushes straight back into your hand, its best to bend your elbows otherwise it's hard on the joints. I've become addicted to shooting it, like a adrenaline rush or double shot of espresso.
Wouldn't want to have to use it for self defense in a populated area though. Could go through five buildings and ten people before it stopped.
It makes a person feel really equipped for trouble hiking around a place like Kodiak where there are some really big bear.

I cannot imagine how IWB holsters are comfortable.
Never had a problem with them. Used to carry a SIG P220 Carry Elite. Never had a concealment issue and wasn't bad on comfrotability either.

Lots of people bitch about carrying small guns, cracks me up.

Glock 43

In either a Vedder Pocket Locker. Or a 5.11 compact fanny pack on the days I wear gym shorts.

Used to carry a SR9c before I downsized.

I got a cold steel scimitar, Glock 30sf with a 9 Rd flush fitting mag and my mitts.

M&P Shield .40 in an alien gear IWB holster

It's relatively comfortable but I sent it out for stippling and now the frame is so abrasive that my tshirts stick to it

Lately I'm carrying a Glock 43 in a custom kydex holster. Got a Streamlight TLR-6 on it, a +1 extension on the mag. If I'm wearing a t-shirt, I'll carry AIWB at 1:00. If I have a jacket/coat or a button up on, I'll carry at 4:00 with the same holster. Comfortable carry is all about finding the right holster. And the right holster is going to be different for everyone.
17127267_1260462807364862_7230825382688063488_n.jpg

IWB Alien Gear Clock Tuck 3.0 for my CZ 75 D Compact. Awesome gun for conceal carry and the holster is unreal, very comfortable.

IWB Alien Gear Clock Tuck 3.0 for my CZ 75 D Compact. Awesome gun for conceal carry and the holster is unreal, very comfortable.
I like that gun a lot. I’ve owned a few CZs, and they’re fantastic. I was actually at a shop recently, and was browsing while waiting for a lane to open, and they had a 75D Compact for sale. I asked the guy behind the counter what he thought of the gun, and he said “they’re phenomenal”, then turned his hip to show me he was carrying one right that moment.

M&P9 Shield PC. Benefits over a regular shield seem pretty marginal but it looks cool :) .

Back