Media Cejudo might beat TJ and move to ONE

What are they going to do with him?
Letting him defend 125 belt when the division is nonexistent?

They'll have to let him go like other flyweights
he would fight at 135? jesus

That would be great to slap TJ and Dana in the face.
Would be the ultimate middle finger considering how desperate Dana and TJ were to make this stupid fight. Dana straight up said "TJ want's another world title", like he's already looking past Henry.

I can't see him beating TJ. Not in a 5 round fight. 3 rounds maybe. I can't see him keeping TJ down and pinned for 5 rounds.

Some of these deals are feeling kinda Affliction-ish.

You could be right .. But the problem Affliction, Elite and others had was they had to domestically compete with the UFC. ONE is out there on it's on in Asia. Totally un touched. Their shows are well put together. Their VIP package puts the UFC's to shame. If you compare the Singapore shows of UFC with the shows of ONE.... it's not even close. People were properly complaining about all sorts during the UFC show I went to ... It was a shambles....ONE are building a brand. Doing a pretty good job. It maybe isn't the the same as the UFC in size or stature. But the shows are always full. In decent sized arenas, and well put together. I'm sure they make good money and can afford what they're doing.

I was very impressed with the everything they did. All that was lacking was recognisable fighters. I think they'll be fine

Of course I don't , I'm just trying to follow a common sense here.

As i mentioned, there IS a possibility that UFC contracts can force a fighter to move up a division, though it can be a loophole for huge discrimination
Another possibility is that they can offer him fights at 125 even if the division is dissolved. It's not unheard of. There have been wmma fights at 125 before the division existed. It all depends on the wording in the contract, which we don't know.

If Henry beats T.J. the UFC will likely keep the division around. If they want rid of FLW, they should have just axed it rather than engaging in what is a pretty pointless bout that also paralyses the excellent BW division and denies more deserving, and exciting, fighters a shot at the belt.

This could turn into another classic WME clusterfuck, with Cejudo the unwanted champion of an extinct division and holding a big win over the BW champ. He could be like Cyborg in terms of defending the title without a division underneath him.

If Henry beats T.J. the UFC will likely keep the division around. If they want rid of FLW, they should have just axed it rather than engaging in what is a pretty pointless bout that also paralyses the excellent BW division and denies more deserving, and exciting, fighters a shot at the belt.

They do it in hope of TJ win so it'll nullify all potential significance of 125 division and will justify its axe.
Also to throw Cejudo from the pedestal of a P4P top fighter and a king of the division - existant or not.

They don't care about BW division and deserving contenders.
They'll rather put these contenders in an interim championship fight that they love so much . ...

Who though? And what for?
Whoever accepts, likely any of the former FLW, and simply to fulfill their contract obligations if they don't want to release Cejudo. Eventually, he would have to accept meaningless fights in a division that doesn't exist, move up, or sit on the sidelines.

Whoever accepts, likely any of the former FLW, and simply to fulfill their contract obligations if they don't want to release Cejudo. Eventually, he would have to accept meaningless fights in a division that doesn't exist, move up, or sit on the sidelines.

If they don't want to release him, there should be a certain reason for that.
If they give him flyweight fights, they only build him and his value up for another org. Profit?

He doesn't seem to be considered such.

The key to these demographics appears to be Yair...they also tried Grasso, Aldana and Moreno
They kinda fired yair. But you may be right.

They have to provide him fights in his division...
Negative. The bout agreements are set for a specific weight but the contracts are not they just list a time term and amount of fights.

People here think TJ is going to lose? lol

Henry narrowed out a decision that could have gone either way against DJ....

It would be hilarious but I don't think the UFC would allow it. I don't think his contract is up and unless they release him from his contract he can't go to One FC.

What are they going to do with him?
Letting him defend 125 belt when the division is nonexistent?

They'll have to let him go like other flyweights

They won't do shit. They hold his contract. He can sit out for years and still be under contract.

So weird how so many of you just don't understand contracts.

Back