Cenk Uygur of TYT apologizes for sexist, lewd, perverted comments

Nobody is "condemning" him. They are laughing at the expense of a jack-ass for being a total hypocrite and for getting busted over something that he harassed a ton of people about. Just like Al Franken, Matt Lauer and the rest of them.
I'm seeing people write stuff like he picked up 14-16 year old prostitutes in this thread. Same people that defended Roy Moore in other threads. I'm just reacting to what I'm seeing. And some of these people are people I otherwise like but we disagree on Cenk and Moore. I'm calling it like I see it, not just blindly defending or condemning someone based off of what side they're on.

Can someone explain the "racism" part to me?

He made some comments about Native Americans and Japanese people in a separate blog post. Here is a comprehensive article.

I'm not about to search through Cenk's records, but I distinctly remember a video of him talking about the pussy tape, claiming he has never said anything remotely similar about women in his private conversations. I think that type of transparent BS is what irks people the most. So it's not that everyone agrees that these comments should ruin your life, I personally don't, but he's just so full of crap that it causes people to cheer against him. Ask yourself, if the shoe was on the other foot, and it was someone on the right who wrote these things, what would Cenk say about them? Would he agree that this person's life should not be ruined, or would he virtue signal from the rooftops?

cenk said:
"Except we missed a turn that we needed, so we had to go back onto a commercial road, and at the first place of business we saw with an Asian name, Cenk turned in, assuming it was a restaurant. Except it wasn’t – it was the other type of Asian establishment, and I don’t mean dry cleaners. I mean massage parlor. We couldn’t believe it. Of course we went in. We didn’t see the girls, and the price was high and we didn’t have time so we didn’t patronize, but I did squeeze the Madam’s ass on our way out.”

cenk said:
Drive through Navajo country to Monument Valley, where the John Wayne films were shot. Cool fucking place. We hit on these two cute French teenagers while their parents were standing right next to them...back in the day a 15-year-old would be considered an adult...At 16 you’re perfectly capable...the “internal rule” is that 16 year olds are adults.

Last edited:
I'm seeing people write stuff like he picked up 14-16 year old prostitutes in this thread. Same people that defended Roy Moore in other threads. I'm just reacting to what I'm seeing. And some of these people are people I otherwise like but we disagree on Cenk and Moore. I'm calling it like I see it, not just blindly defending or condemning someone based off of what side they're on.

The difference is that nobody would be calling for Uygur's head if it weren't for him calling for other people's heads. People are simply holding him up to his own standards of conduct.

Roy Moore, as far as I know, never tried to get a Democrat or a progressive fired from their job because of their dealings with women. It's the likes of Uygur, Lauer, Franken, etc. who have done so. And now they are being judged based upon those standards that they've helped to set, all in the name of trying to assassinate their political rivals.

He made some comments about Native Americans and Japanese people in a separate blog post. Here is a comprehensive article.

I'm not about to search through Cenk's records, but I distinctly remember a video of him talking about the pussy tape, claiming he has never said anything remotely similar about women in his private conversations. I think that type of transparent BS is what irks people the most. So it's not that everyone agrees that these comments should ruin your life, I personally don't, but he's just so full of crap that it causes people to cheer against him. Ask yourself, if the shoe was on the other foot, and it was someone on the right who wrote these things, what would Cenk say about them? Would he agree that this person's life should not be ruined, or would he virtue signal from the rooftops?

Thanks. I was truly at a loss since the article linked to in the OP didn't include any of this stuff.

The Trump thing is still different to me because of the sexual assault aspect. What Trump said on the Access Hollywood tape matches up with the accusations against him. While Cenk and I have said some salacious stuff about women, we haven't talked about sexual assault. I've also been in locker rooms as a AAU and high school athlete and never heard anyone brag about sexual assault like that. Feel free to disagree, but that's my honest interpretation.

I think Cenk gets too much into the identity politics stuff, the us vs them bullshit, team politics. Hopefully he will learn something from this, because leftists ain't loyal like the right. Still, I'd like to think I can refuse to stoop to his level. I agree with Sargon on this.

The difference is that nobody would be calling for Uygur's head if it weren't for him calling for other people's heads. People are simply holding him up to his own standards of conduct.

Roy Moore, as far as I know, never tried to get a Democrat or a progressive fired from their job because of their dealings with women. It's the likes of Uygur, Lauer, Franken, etc. who have done so. And now they are being judged based upon those standards that they've helped to set, all in the name of trying to assassinate their political rivals.
I get it. I just think we should take a stand and refuse to play this game.

Roy Moore is a theocrat who violated the Constitution multiple times. I don't care that we share the same political party, the dude's a sack of shit.

Thanks. I was truly at a loss since the article linked to in the OP didn't include any of this stuff.

The Trump thing is still different to me because of the sexual assault aspect. What Trump said on the Access Hollywood tape matches up with the accusations against him. While Cenk and I have said some salacious stuff about women, we haven't talked about sexual assault. I've also been in locker rooms as a AAU and high school athlete and never heard anyone brag about sexual assault like that. Feel free to disagree, but that's my honest interpretation.

I think Cenk gets too much into the identity politics stuff, the us vs them bullshit, team politics. Hopefully he will learn something from this, because leftists ain't loyal like the right. Still, I'd like to think I can refuse to stoop to his level. I agree with Sargon on this.

I'm not defending Trump here, I'm just pointing out the blatant hypocrisy of Cenk wrt Trump's statements, and these types of statements in general. Cenk admitted he grabbed a woman's ass in a massage parlor, for instance, in addition to the other things he said about women being defective. So when he grandstands and tries to justify himself by saying that he doesn't say anything remotely inappropriate, even in private, it's obvious BS, and now it's explicit BS. I say horrible things in private all the time, but the fact is I'm not serious. I have a hard time believing I'm the only one.

To be clear, I disagree with the rise of this mob mentality where anytime anyone says anything questionable, we rally and put pressure on sponsors and businesses to make sure said person loses their ability to make a living. Whether it's Bill Maher saying the n-word, or Cenk saying women are flawed, I find it highly illiberal to call for their jobs. What happened to live and let live? If you don't like it, don't watch, but the first resort should not be to pick up a pitch fork. Once upon a time liberals would have agreed with this, and now an ever-increasing subsection of them rejects this axiom outright. The only thing more annoying than this public shaming that has swept America is the use of a double standard when measuring those who fall on your side, basically admitting that it's not about principle.

I get it. I just think we should take a stand and refuse to play this game.

Roy Moore is a theocrat who violated the Constitution multiple times. I don't care that we share the same political party, the dude's a sack of shit.

Sure, he's a sack of crap, but atleast he didn't dig his own grave. Under his delusional world-view, everything he did was justified, even the grooming of women/girls much younger than him. Christians like to marry them young, we all know that much.

Uygur on the other hand has shown himself a lying sack of shit by eagerly burying other men for minor incidents/speeches up to 40-50 years ago, while portraying himself as a faultless spokesperson for women's rights.

If he were a straight-forward kind of a guy, then he would've shown some room for clemency, even for his political foes, or atleast would've admitted to having acted like a jackass in the past. But he did none of that. He played a public role in this matter, and it was proven to be a bullshit act, and now he's paying for it.

I'm not defending Trump here, I'm just pointing out the blatant hypocrisy of Cenk wrt Trump's statements, and these types of statements in general. Cenk admitted he grabbed a woman's ass in a massage parlor, for instance, in addition to the other things he said about women being defective. So when he grandstands and tries to justify himself by saying that he doesn't say anything remotely inappropriate, even in private, it's obvious BS, and now it's explicit BS. I say horrible things in private all the time, but the fact is I'm not serious. I have a hard time believing I'm the only one.

To be clear, I disagree with the rise of this mob mentality where anytime anyone says anything questionable, we rally and put pressure on sponsors and businesses to make sure said person loses their ability to make a living. Whether it's Bill Maher saying the n-word, or Cenk saying women are flawed, I find it highly illiberal to call for their jobs. What happened to live and let live? If you don't like it, don't watch, but the first resort should not be to pick up a pitch fork. Once upon a time liberals would have agreed with this, and now an ever-increasing subsection of them rejects this axiom outright. The only thing more annoying than this public shaming that has swept America is the use of a double standard when measuring those who fall on your side, basically admitting that it's not about principle.
Just to be clear, I wasn't saying you were defending Trump, I was just explaining the difference between his comments and others, and also why I don't buy the locker room talk defense.

Sure, he's a sack of crap, but atleast he didn't dig his own grave. Under his delusional world-view, everything he did was justified, even the grooming of women/girls much younger than him. Christians like to marry them young, we all know that much.

Uygur on the other hand has shown himself a lying sack of shit by eagerly burying other men for minor incidents/speeches up to 40-50 years ago, while portraying himself as a faultless spokesperson for women's rights.

If he were a straight-forward kind of a guy, then he would've shown some room for clemency, even for his political foes, or atleast would've admitted to having acted like a jackass in the past. But he did none of that. He played a public role in this matter, and it was proven to be a bullshit act, and now he's paying for it.
Agree about Cenk, but Moore also dug his own grave and is a huge hypocrite. He's even worse than Cenk in my book. But fuck the both of them.

An overreaction, obviously. Still amusing to see things backfire on SJWs.

Well it does look a little bit bad, but I respect cenk alot. He did some growing up and changed as a person. Shit it's not like he said the worst things ever some of you need to stop being fucking hypocrites hacks. You voted for a guy with a resume of sexual assault as your president. Sometimes the posts I read here daily are disgusting and it comes mostly from conservatives. Stop the fake outrage.

I always love AIU's videos on "Genk" and TYT. He's on point here IMO.

I always love AIU's videos on "Genk" and TYT. He's on point here IMO.

I was a little disappointed in the video tbh. I agree with what he says his actions 18 years ago is a non story but sad he didnt roast "genk" as i thought he would for being a hyprocrite.

Ohh well maybe that one is coming.

#Metoo: The Criminalisation of Sexual Passion

We are seeing a new model for sexual relations, as aseptic, cool and contractual, not unlike that of a prostitute and her client. Everything must be discussed in advance and explicitly agreed, and the sex act becomes a playing out of the ‘deal’. The University of Michigan teaches that consent must be ‘verbal or oral, sober, and enthusiastic’, and must be continually obtained: ‘Each of us is responsible for making sure we have consent in every sexual situation… it is important to clarify what your partner feels about the sexual situation before initiating or continuing the sexual activity.’

...There is a generation of wilting maidens who seem incapable of saying no: they say nothing, then they feel violated and write about it on social media afterwards.

...people shouldn’t always ask before they kiss, and they shouldn’t apologise for wanting someone. If you don’t want to be kissed then say no, and that should be the end of that. Don’t post about it online. When you post, you are violating the space within which passion occurs: you are ruining it for the next time when you do want to be kissed.

We should be for the ideal of desire – and against the aseptic contractualism which is turning every man into a pimp and every woman into a prostitute.

-Josie Appleton

Last edited by a moderator:
Well it does look a little bit bad, but I respect cenk alot. He did some growing up and changed as a person. Shit it's not like he said the worst things ever some of you need to stop being fucking hypocrites hacks. You voted for a guy with a resume of sexual assault as your president. Sometimes the posts I read here daily are disgusting and it comes mostly from conservatives. Stop the fake outrage.
How are you not getting that he made such a big deal about other people doing it and now has been busted doing fucking exactly what he has been crusading against? I bet you never joked about preachers being anti gay and then being busted with a man but that’s different because you like that and don’t like this

Back