CEO caught singing 'We're in the Money' as Walmart deal lifts shares

JonesBones

Excuse my contraflow
@Steel
Reaction score
lol at "caught". Plebs are mad.

The chief executive of Sainsbury's has apologized after a hot microphone caught him singing "We're in the Money" as shares in the UK supermarket chain soared.
"We're in the money. The sky is sunny. Let's lend it, spend it, send it rolling along," crooned CEO Mike Coupe after Sainsbury's announced plans to merge its business with Asda, the UK retailer owned by Walmart (WMT).

The CEO was recorded singing before the start of a television interview, and the footage was later released by UK broadcaster ITV.

Coupe said in a statement that he was sorry if he had offended anyone.

The singing incident angered unions that represent grocery industry workers.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/05/01/investing/sainsburys-ceo-mike-coupe-singing-asda/index.html?section=money_markets&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+rss/money_markets+(CNNMoney:+Markets)

Isn’t the whole point of a business to make money?

Smdh...

He shouldnt not have sung, rapping was the right thing to do!

The fact that he isn't singing in an overly jovial or eccentric tone tells me this man eats infants. What a fucking psycho.

You wouldn't mind explaining why healthcare should be a private venture then, would you bob?

Maybe you didn’t notice, but single payer is right around the corner. Republicans had their chance on HC, they failed.

It’s honestly too bad obama pussied out from implementing SP, now we’re stuck with the worst of both approaches.

Yep, while paying the employees so little they have to go on welfare.

Perhaps they should have put more effort into their education and acquiring meaningful skills.

well .. he was just keeping it real

He should not have been happy based on financial success.

Christ, he doesn't even look that happy about it! It's like that moment when you beat a game, and then realize that means the game is over. "I'm rich(er)! But I'm old and my heart doesn't work right anymore. Fuck."

This is why you should never sing

Who gets bothered by this? The man just made a lot of money, I presume.

Are the workers getting screwed or something? This is the UK so I genuinely don't know.

Who gets bothered by this? The man just made a lot of money, I presume.

Are the workers getting screwed or something? This is the UK so I genuinely don't know.
Underpaid grocery workers, I presume. This asshole probably just made more money than all of his employees will ever combine to make in their lives.

Isn’t the whole point of a business to make money?

Smdh...
A broken clock is right more often than you but on this occasion I got to agree.

I'm sure all the shareholders were singing on the inside. Sad when success is criticized. :(

CEO hits massive deal. Is happy

Am I just supposed to show anger anytime a rich person makes a good move? Just shows this guy is human and not a robot.

Underpaid grocery workers, I presume. This asshole probably just made more money than all of his employees will ever combine to make in their lives.

That's true but I presume that was already the case.

Maybe you didn’t notice, but single payer is right around the corner. Republicans had their chance on HC, they failed.

It’s honestly too bad obama pussied out from implementing SP, now we’re stuck with the worst of both approaches.

I didn't notice this either. Probably because it isn't and you don't know what your talking about.

Back