CFB Offseason Discussion v2: URBAN 3:16 made Nicky Saban Lose His Smile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because you saw it as an animated gif on some SEC nutthugger board? What about the better defenses that those 1600yds were gained on?

You're going to be a lot of fun this season, you dumb fucking jabroni.

Why? Because you enjoy being made to look like a bitch? I've forgotten more about college football than you'll ever know.

You are the one who mentioned Allen's highlights, I brought up the fact that Walker probably has the most well-known RB highlight of the 20th century.

I can't find comprehensive rushing defense stats, but Herschel faced the 14th ranked team (South Carolina) 20th (Florida) and 7th (Notre Dame, who fell to 7th after UGA beat them in Sugar Bowl).

I notice how again you failed to mention Allen had all those yards on over 400 attempts, Herschel averaged more yards per rush, and he was a true freshman.
Allen-433 rushes (5.6 YPC)
Walker-274 rushes (5.9 YPC)

If Walker had 433 carries, he would have ended up with 2,554 yards. More than Allen.

19 is not the same as 22 lol, and Florida did not have better teams. Its been posted before. Texas won more games after Young left than UF did after Tebow.

Might as well stop responding now, its pretty clear you're wrong. That Texas team was LOADED from top to bottom.

Yeah, UF went way down after Tebow because Spikes, Haden and the others also left. That UF was unable to maintain a top team is another matter. During Tebow's time they were unbelievable.

Plus there's the small matter of Urban leaving a year after Tebow because the walls were closing in on him. Florida was shady as shit during the Tebow/Urban era. Shadiness usually results in great teams.

Tebow's supporting cast > Young's supporting cast

Why? Because you enjoy being made to look like a bitch? I've forgotten more about college football than you'll ever know.

You are the one who mentioned Allen's highlights, I brought up the fact that Walker probably has the most well-known RB highlight of the 20th century.

I can't find comprehensive rushing defense stats, but Herschel faced the 14th ranked team (South Carolina) 20th (Florida) and 7th (Notre Dame, who fell to 7th after UGA beat them in Sugar Bowl).

I notice how again you failed to mention Allen had all those yards on over 400 attempts, Herschel averaged more yards per rush, and he was a true freshman.
Allen-433 rushes (5.6 YPC)
Walker-274 rushes (5.9 YPC)

If Walker had 433 carries, he would have ended up with 2,554 yards. More than Allen.
Florida and South Carolina both finished unranked. Georgia's sos that season sucked.

@ 5-6 Tennessee
4-7 Texas A&M
6-5 Clemson
1-10 TCU
3-8 Ole Miss
2-9 Vanderbilt
@ 3-8 Kentucky
8-4 South Carolina
vs 8-4 Florida
@ 5-6 Auburn
1-10-1 Georgia Tech
vs #7 (#9 after losing to Georgia) 9-2-1 Notre Dame

Yeah, UF went way down after Tebow because Spikes, Haden and the others also left. That UF was unable to maintain a top team is another matter. During Tebow's time they were unbelievable.

Plus there's the small matter of Urban leaving a year after Tebow because the walls were closing in on him. Florida was shady as shit during the Tebow/Urban era. Shadiness usually results in great teams.

Tebow's supporting cast > Young's supporting cast
You can lead a horse to water...

Yeah that's not how football works. Teams would've adjusted accordingly if Walker got that many carries.

YPC is such a terrible argument, btw. By that logic some random kid from a random college should've won it because his YPC was 8.

And you know you're comparing different years, right?

Last edited:
Why? Because you enjoy being made to look like a bitch?

Nah.

Because you post idiotic stuff like this ^^^.

We get one of these people every year in the CFB threads. Here is the red-headed stepchild of 2015.

T-minus 2 weeks until we kick the shit out of Arizona State.

3LBZcKm.jpg

IDK about an ass-kicking...ASU will be a tough outing for anyone on their schedule. They return a lot on both sides of the ball. Here's their 'Desert Ice' uniforms for their opener against you guys:

635756586535142385-ASU-DesertIce-adidasFootball-ForksUp.jpg

IDK about an ass-kicking...ASU will be a tough outing for anyone on their schedule. They return a lot on both sides of the ball. Here's their 'Desert Ice' uniforms for their opener against you guys:

Did you expect anything else ... like respect for the pac-12 from False?

aye mane?

how's things elsewhere? I just couldn't get into it.

Its good, but we lost a ton of momentum when the first one went down. The sports talk sucks ass though. This place is by far the best out there for CFB, no question. I haven't really been in sports mode in a while, you fuckers have to get me back in shape.

Its good, but we lost a ton of momentum when the first one went down. The sports talk sucks ass though. This place is by far the best out there for CFB, no question. I haven't really been in sports mode in a while, you fuckers have to get me back in shape.

yeah those places usually just end up too splintered then everyone regroups here.

I've been out of CFB mode too long. It's not as big here as it was in Nashville.

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/a7e3216e908fe2cc54dde9aec690a1ab4e5b5b00/c=0-0-1200-902&r=x513&c=680x510/local/-/media/2015/08/20/Phoenix/Phoenix/635756586535142385-ASU-DesertIce-adidasFootball-ForksUp.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Hah, I know. Outside of homerism I got us winning by a TD. Todd Graham is an RC Slocum disciple, so I know at the very least their defense is gonna be nails. I think that so long as we're in Bercovici's face all game, we can make some things happen. Our problem last year aside from those fucking 5 yard cushions on 3rd was that we got almost no QB pressure all year and it out our corners on an island trying to cover a zone that they just couldn't do. I think with the way our D-line is, if we're making Bercovici think, then our secondary can make something happen. Offense is just a Kevin Sumlin offense. Barring our QB going full retard and melting down, we'll put up points on people.

Also Finebaum said a couple of days ago that the Kyle Allen-Kyler Murray QB battle is more of a QB battle than people think. If Kyler is good enough to take the starting position day one, we're looking at a Johnny Football situation. Kyler's the greatest high school QB in existence, so that'll add some wrinkles.

[quote="therealdope, post: 108505247"]Did you expect anything else ... like respect for the pac-12 from False?[/QUOTE]

Oh trd, dun be salty breh. I've said the Pac is the strongest top to bottom for forever. Not the strongest overall imo, but definitely lacking the super cans you see at the bottom of the SEC and Big 10.

Why won't Arizona State bring back the Sparky unis from the 90s? It would honor Tillman too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back