Chad Mendes vs Brian Ortega is what I want to see.

Rebel_LioN

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Mendes is still a major threat in the division he’ll be a good match up for most in the top 10.

Also want Mendes vs Jeremy Stephens.

first lets wait chad fight a real top 5. then, depending on how he looks, he could fight for the title

Mendes was suspended and Ortega has earned his shot.

Mendes Stephens is a good fight, if Mendes Wins Ortega could be next for him

I like the suggestion of Mendes vs Stephens but isn't Stephens set to fight Aldo or something?

first lets wait chad fight a real top 5. then, depending on how he looks, he could fight for the title

A real top 5? Are you really doubting Mendes is top 5 talent?

Mendes vs Korean Zombie
Mendes vs Frankie 2
Mendes vs Stephens

Lot of great matchups for Chad, glad he's back, have no interest in seeing him fight Aldo again though

Stephens vs Mendes would be very exciting, him vs Ortega as well.

There are a lot of match ups that would be fun with Mendes.

needle-and-pills.jpeg

Just to be this guy.

Shit, I think Chad would actually beat Ortega

I like Ortega tho, I just think he's a little lucky sometimes. He pulls these wins out of nowhere it seems, but Mendes might be a bad stylistic matchup for him.

I'm down for this one.

A real top 5? Are you really doubting Mendes is top 5 talent?
no, I was praising him when he won yesterday callling him (half joking) the uncrowned FW champ. but he needs a great win to fight for the title

Ortega has his title shot once Holloway is healthy, there's no way this is happening. Mendez does not get to skip top 10 contenders and go straight to title, and Ortega is not stepping out of a title fight to take on chad.

Ortega gets hit too much. I think chads a bad matchup even coming off of a layoff.

Ortega has already earned his title shot, Mendes can fight someone else in top5 to be the next in line for the title fight

Both good fights. Just let Ortega get his ts first. He's earned it.

I think Chad smokes Ortega most times out of ten. Ortega is very hittable, you don't want to play that take one to give one game with Chad Mendes.

Stephen's vs Mendes I'm not sure about. Not sure if Stephen's can take Chad's power. I'm also sure Chad can't take Stephens'. Would love to see it.

U might see... as a punishment for Ortega .. Dana wont forgive him for not accepting an alternate opponent due to Holloway sickness..

Ortega wont get next ts...

Ortega has already earned his title shot, Mendes can fight someone else in top5 to be the next in line for the title fight

Regardless if he earned a shot or not, i still want to see the match up.

Chad doesn't have the reach to deal with Ortega. It would look similar to Edgar vs. Ortega, and Frankie has better hands than Chad.

The only thing Chad really has going for him his heavy hands, and he needs to get inside to make that a work.

Chad still has to prove that he's more than just a gatekeeper at this point. Beating Jury is no big feat.

Back