Chad Mendes vs Brian Ortega is what I want to see.

Ortega would fuck him up. He wasn't reacting well to strikes albeit his first fight back in a long time, but I don't think his chin is what it used to be.

The sheer size difference would be too much.

needle-and-pills.jpeg

Just to be this guy.
<WellThere>

Mendes vs Stephens is a naughty fight.

I’d like to see Mendes vs Aldo now that both parties are clean.

Ortega is far too much for Mendes.

Ortega will submit him after first takedown attempted
You obviously don't know Chad Mendes I'm guessing? He has one of the best scrambling games ever. can anything happen? yes, it's MMA, but I would bet a house on it and then some, that Ortega would not submit Chad.

Ortega... by huge reach advantage. But let Chad get some wins under his belt and be an active fighter and this could happen...

I was reluctant to accept Ortega's skills and how good he is but he had would wreck Mendes.

Ortega... by huge reach advantage. But let Chad get some wins under his belt and be an active fighter and this could happen...

What?

He just fought someone with better striking than Ortega and an even bigger reach advantage.

More importantly. When has Brian Ortega EVER used his reach to his advantage?

Stephens vs Mendes would be very exciting, him vs Ortega as well.

There are a lot of match ups that would be fun with Mendes.
Ortega chokes the short guy out...Heathen would be fun though.

No one shoots on Ortega in his division. He's strong on the top and the bottom. It'd be a striking match. And if Ortega remains calm, he can keep Mendes out of his face. Jury let Mendes get his rythm down and it was game over. I don't see how this fight presents a challenge Ortega hasn't faced before. The reach difference would be staggering and Ortega hits hard and looks for openings to end fights. A student of the game and listens to his coaches. Does he have holes, yep, but I don't think Mendes is the one to exploit them.

Mendes lol. guy beats a bum n bow he is a title contender.

That’s a tough sell buddy. Ortega is at the top of the division while Mendes has only just returned with a W over... I don’t even know where Jury is/was ranked... but Mendes definitely aint gettin Ortega. Mendes vs Frankie II sounds right to me.

I feel like Stephens & Edgar deserve to fight Ortega more for the vacant/interim belt if Max is out. But, if they made Ortega vs Mendes for interim/vacant belt at 228, just 7 weeks away, I'm down.

The winner can fight Stephens or the Edgar/Zombie winner. With Volkanovski/Bektic/Zabit on the come up towards the top over the next 18-24 months.

like to see chad in there with stephens maybe if aldo beats him. can be a fight for either guy to redeem themselves and go back into the top few guys for a title shot

A real top 5? Are you really doubting Mendes is top 5 talent?

If he is he is right at #5

1. Max
2. Ortega
3. Aldo
4. Edgar

I dont really think he's done much more to earn it than say, Zombie, Bellator champ Pitbull, Cub, or Stephens.

Back