Chael on Bruce Lee - "Bruce was a whimp...Bruce couldn't fight a lick"

Sorta like acting...

Somebody told you Bruce's movements were too fast for the cameras of that time.

You said "what did they use special techniques just for Bruce?"

I chimed in and told you no, they just had to have Bruce slow his movements down a little.

And you reply with "sorta like acting"?

you do realize you make no fucking sense. Right?

I listened to a recent short podcast by a Bruce Lee book author suggesting he died from overheating shortly after having his armpit sweat glands removed. He noted it was on one of the hottest days.

Wait, what? I've never heard any of that. Why would he have an armpit sweat gland removed?

Evidence? Him acting in movies? In that case Stallone could of been LHW champion in boxing

Anybody that's ever trained can see that what Bruce could do with his body was special. It wasn't movie tricks, it was just him. Stallone looked like an actor playing a boxer. Jet li never particularly impressed me and he didn't look like he could beat people's ass. Bruce on the other hand looked like a dude that could actually beat the crap out of people irl.

i dont really believe the myth much either. i am sure he had some skill for the time, but without competing we cant know how much skill

Chuck was a legit black belt later in life but in his prime would probably outstrike chael if they but gloves on.

Chuck Norris literally brought the combo follow up to combat sports like karate. He would strike at or hit the opponent 3-5 times when the common practice was to throw the one strike to finish the fight. I imagine he could out strike most MMA fighters. Not sure why the modern fan cant recognize the fact that during that era the action stars were real fighters. At one time stars were really dancers put in to movies, then there was a era were comedians were actors, doesnt make them any less of a stage or stand up comedian. And you have the singer/actor. Doesnt make them any less of a singer just because they also act.

You really think so? I don't agree.

If you took Chael and Gene when he competed I think he could of. If you do it now, he wouldnt have a chance. But Gokor and Gene were monsters when it came to grappling. The Gracie's were actually scared of Gokor. Not scared like oh shit Im gonna die. But scared like oh shit he's could beat me. Thats why the Urquidez vs. Gracie fight never happened.

Well no matter, if we go by what we know. Lee was much faster, more inteligent, very powerful for his size, and had extreme confidence. All that sort of equals a great mma artist no? And as much as anyone saying bullshit.... You can just go to youtube and see the proof in everything I just said.

Bruce Lee would've been a force in the FW division, only second to Aldo

This ^ is flat out wrong. JKD wasn't a style. It was a concept of cross training different martial art styles together in a way that made sense for each individual practitioner. For example, a 130 lb dude does not need to try to learn Sumo. That wouldn't be a good fit for a guy with a frame that small. A 400 lb man wouldn't need to try to learn Capoeira.

JKD was a system of taking an individual, looking at all his traits (how heavy is he, how tall/long is he, how agile is he, how strong is he, how fast is he, etc.) and then finding the right martial arts systems that would work best for that person to make him the most complete fighter.

Now you tell me....THAT has NOT influenced modern mma? Is that seriously what you think? o_O

Yes that is what I think.

Correlation but not causality.

Early MMA discovered that you needed to have some grappling and some striking and that it was up to you to find your own way of making it work.

They found that out pretty quickly in the cage in the styles vs styles early era.

Not by reading the bio of some actor from the 70's, FFS.

Ive said this forever. Lee was an actor who did his steroids and Katas. An average hs wrestler would eat him

do people really think Bruce Lee can fight though? like be a world champion? i don't really see people make those claims. i mean serious people, not internet trolls.

i think it's more of the fact that Bruce Lee envisioned MMA decades before it was even a thing.

All we know is he got in a load of streetfights u.s and china
Well, I don't know that for sure. I know that he said that he did.

Competing in what though? mma almost unheard of back then
Muay thai virtualy unknown in the west and western kickboxing barely a sport !
In anything. Boxing, judo, catch wrestling, full-contact karate, you name it. Anything that involves dominating your opponent with your fighting skills. If you're the greatest all-around fighter of your time, you should have no problem being decent in more "specialized" martial arts. A lot of top MMA fighters successfully compete or competed in the past in submission grappling, wrestling and boxing.

and trained with all the top martial artists of the day who say he was legit !
And again, maybe they were right, maybe they were not. Maybe they just were hyping him up. There's zero hard evidence of his full-contact fighting prowess.

just going to say this

50 years after his death, Bruce Lee is still as big a name worldwide as when he was alive

In terms of enduring legacy, i would say he has outshone even the likes of Marilyn Monroe, Elvis and legendary actors like Steve McQueen

50 years after his death, no one will give a flying rats fart about who the fuck Chael Sonnon was

Back