Chael Sonnen claims the fight against Fedor was close, and why he didnt quit.

He has no heart. Never comes back from adversity.

I honestly can't think of the last time he lost the first round and won the fight. He's a front runner that has a bad case of the brain farts.

He never said the fight was close. Everything he said was pretty accurate and truthful.

Fedor was gassed. I think if Chael had survived that first round, he could’ve out paced him.

I had a shred of respect for Chanel, since he’s fought the best of his time.

Claiming the Fedor fight was close cancelled it and any future possibilities of any respect.

Personally I think it was an early stoppage considering Chael wasn’t really hurt and the amount of time left in the round, getting to the bell was an intelligent defense given the circumstances. Not saying he would have won when I say that.

It’s a dumb idea if someone is unloading on you and simply keeping your forearms up in front of your face is keeping you safe that you should have to do something else or lose. When a guy is defending a submission by simply holding his opponents arm or something the ref doesn’t tell him to do something or else he’s gonna call it.

If a guy is out of it mentally, that’s different than what I am talking about. The ref should be looking at the fighters condition, not just if he is “turtled up”. Sometimes that is the best defense. Especially if your opponent is not adjusting his offense to get you to open up. Why not let him exhaust himself if he isn’t doing any significant damage?

If the ref says 'fight back' and you don't fight back they should and will stop the fight.

LOL

Chael going the Dom Cruz, McG vs Khabib route.

"I was wearing him out by letting him beat the living shit outta me."

I would not be surprised if he means that.

Shale says a bunch of BS all the time but this could be true.

It’s a dumb idea if someone is unloading on you and simply keeping your forearms up in front of your face is keeping you safe that you should have to do something else or lose. When a guy is defending a submission by simply holding his opponents arm or something the ref doesn’t tell him to do something or else he’s gonna call it.

the guy defending the submission isn't taking brain damage though.

That fight lived up to the billing in the first 10 seconds.
It was worth it for this gem alone.
OddballPlainCowbird-small.gif

And i don't know if Chael was pastier than usual but he somehow looked whiter than normal with the extra pudge.
Crazy how Sonnen somehow still had the wits to react to that right hand by Fedor and duck it on his way to the mat.

He’s got a great chin but his his heart will always be in question.

I had a shred of respect for Chanel, since he’s fought the best of his time.

Claiming the Fedor fight was close cancelled it and any future possibilities of any respect.

Maybe watch the vid? He never said the fight was close.

Weird that you'd have such a strong reaction about someone based on a headline from a sherdogger.

Maybe watch the vid? He never said the fight was close.

Weird that you'd have such a strong reaction about someone based on a headline from a sherdogger.
Weird you think I gaf about your opinion

Weird you think I gaf about your opinion

If you didn’t care you wouldn’t reply.

It’s still good advice. Actually knowing something about the topic you’re posting about, as opposed to talking out of your ass, is always the best route to take.

Last edited:
Posts like this make me wish they didn't have a referee in that fight. I mean, it's hard to knock out Chael Sonnen because he's not hesitant to call it a day when things doesn't go his way, and it's possible Chael tapped to strikes once again.

According to Chael and his fans, Chael was wearing out Fedor by letting him punch himself in the face. I mean, *gasp* look at the damage Chael's face has done to Fedor's fist! That, fragile, soft, Russian fist!

I have no problem with a fighter tapping to strikes. I didn’t see that, but if he did, fight should be over.

If the ref says 'fight back' and you don't fight back they should and will stop the fight.

If you are covered up and taking little to no damage, why should you have to give up that defensive position? Isn’t it incumbant on your opponent to break through that defense, not simply continue to punch into forearms and hands.

the guy defending the submission isn't taking brain damage though.

Like I said, fighter condition should be the focus. If a guy is out of it and covering up because he can’t do anything else, call it. If a fighter is covering up because his opponent is unloading but doing little to no damage, that is an intelligent defense.

I have no problem with a fighter tapping to strikes. I didn’t see that, but if he did, fight should be over.

If you are covered up and taking little to no damage, why should you have to give up that defensive position? Isn’t it incumbant on your opponent to break through that defense, not simply continue to punch into forearms and hands.

Like I said, fighter condition should be the focus. If a guy is out of it and covering up because he can’t do anything else, call it. If a fighter is covering up because his opponent is unloading but doing little to no damage, that is an intelligent defense.

Lol

Me neither

Just a guy who taps to strikes is a guy who taps to strikes.

Thats all Chael

There is nothing intelligent about covering up when someone is unloading. I can do that. Its purely instincts. The fact of the matter is that when someone is doing that they have given up and are taking blows for no reason. Its blunt force. Even though they are not landing clean they still do damage. Its like getting hit when wearing a helmet. Your brain still gets rattled.

Back