Chael Sonnen On Fedor loss "I also thought i could take a shot... Everything Hurts."

capo245

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Chael Sonnen claims his game plan was to absolutly declass Fedor,
by throwing shots at him and make him frustrated the same way he outstriked anderson silva, rampage, jon jones.
The problem apparently was that he couldnt take the shots.

He lost to the GOAT. No shame. He's lost to 3 GOATs 4 times. He would be a terrible shepherd.

Chael. The only man who's got the balls to fight any man, at any time, at any weight class.

much props to chael sonnen. he got TKO'd at the end of the first, but he fought his ass off and put fedor in some dicey situations. fedor had to dig deep into his tool bag to get out of some situations. chael indeed has a chin, he took some death shots and kept fighting his game plan.

zkpDQmx.png

To Chael's credit, he never turns down a hard fight, and frankly the only question in this fight was how far Fedor had declined; stylistically it's a horrid matchup. Fedor is faster, hits like a truck, and has good wrestling defense. Chael has never done well against even moderately bigger guys, mostly because his TDs are all upper body based; he looks to clinch which is brutal when the other guy is bigger. Still earned my respect though for eating some heavy leather early on and almost getting something done.

Chael Sonnen talks a lot of shit. It's funny when he gets his ass beat.

He said Fedor's fights were fixed then tried to claim he didn't say this but was talking about pride. But the footage is out there he said it plenty of times.

Karma collects.

Chael folds in big fights.

Chael. The only man who's got the balls to fight any man, at any time, at any weight class.

Also the audacity to tap to strikes to any man, at any time, at weight classes

much props to chael sonnen. he got TKO'd at the end of the first, but he fought his ass off and put fedor in some dicey situations. fedor had to dig deep into his tool bag to get out of some situations. chael indeed has a chin, he took some death shots and kept fighting his game plan.
For sure, he had an impressive and entertaining showing and lately Chael hasn't been too exciting. Made me think more of him than the Rampage win.

the best part was after the fight when Fedor gave Chael a tracksuit, that as a cool/funny moment

it was a messy ugly fight (but entertaining). it was amazing to see how much of a stronger core body fedor had and how that made such a difference

Chael Sonnen claims his game plan was to absolutly declass Fedor,
by throwing shots at him and make him frustrated the same way he outstriked anderson silva, rampage, jon jones.
The problem apparently was that he couldnt take the shots.

Besides the mangled toe, Jones beat him worse than Fedor...he was never frustrated in the least. And while Chaels's wrestle-boxing combo worked pretty well vs. Anderson in the first fight, it failed miserably in the rematch after his spinning move (similar to his ill-advised somersault vs. Fedor...all went downhill after that). And I like Chael...

For a paycheque and quit as soon as it turns bad

Shit going wrong ?

Turtle time !

Back