Chael Sonnen Speaks on GSP vs Khabib

Let's see Khabib vs Tony first. Then GSP-Khabib.

Due to Khabib's emotional and cultural immaturity it's going to be a while before we can see him fight, I think. So while we wait for Tony-Khabib, I'd love to see GSP-Anderoid at a catch-weight.

After GSP proves the vast majority correct as to who was the greatest of the previous generation, Khabib will just be getting eligible to fight again and him and Tony can settle who the greatest LW is.

That will give GSP enough time to start losing weight healthily again and get down to '55 in enough time to be Khabib's next fight. GSP will show Khabib what true class and sportsmanship is vs being totally fake. He'll show him how a secular life reaps greater rewards than one of fanatical fundamentalism. He'll show him who the GOAT is.

Last edited:
/thread

Georges already logjammed a division and then ran away from the contenders, we don’t need to see that again.

Even if it did happen at 155, Khabib makes Grease tap to strikes

How did GSP log jam the 185 division? Its not like Bisping faught any legit contenders before the fight with George. Pretty obvious you're just a hater.

T-Ferg and his 11 fight win streak (8 finishes) deserve a title shot vs Khabib.

Woodley is available if GSP wants to fight.
The point was a lot of fighters have the ability to claim they deserve the chance to take Khabib's 0.

After Tony I think GSP should get it, heck Khabib's gonna retire and vacate the belt anyway, why not go out with a bang?

GSP's strength of schedule looks worse in hindsight than the other GOAT-tier fighters. And his loss to Serra is a huge black mark as well.

If he wants a legacy, fighting Bisping and then a 155er (likely at 170) won't do it. Man up and fight and beat T-Wood already if you're that good. There is barely an age difference.

GSP's strength of schedule looks worse in hindsight than the other GOAT-tier fighters. And his loss to Serra is a huge black mark as well.

If he wants a legacy, fighting Bisping and then a 155er (likely at 170) won't do it. Man up and fight and beat T-Wood already if you're that good. There is barely an age difference.

Theres something like a 12 years career difference. Stop spewing that pile of shit. And no in hindsight GSP has by far the best resume in mma, beating peoples when they're at their very best.

Gsp and his 12 fight winning streak while all of them have been title fights makes him the most deserving guy in the roster of any fight he wants. That’s not even mentioning how big of a draw he is.
This guy fucks.

GSP deserves it in terms of being a long defending champion and being undefeated since forever imo.

But I don't believe in bumping the people who fight in a particular weight class.

I think Ferguson definitely deserves it more because he made his way through the ranks in that weight class. But since I don't want to see GSP retire yet, my selfish self wouldn't mind him getting a title shot against Khabib.

I 100% agree with this. If Khabib is ever going to fight GSP I want to see the youngest Georges possible. But Ferguson deserves that title fight next more than anyone I can think of, pretty much ever.

The only way I can think of to reconcile these conflicting ideas is if Ferguson gets to fight Conor next, and wants to for the money.

And then whoever he fights and beats next, you'll be calling that guy a bum just because GSP beat him, as you always do whenever GSP fights. You're a complete joke.

No.
We all knew his opponents were bums before the fights.

Everyone is talking about Khabib vs Conor 2, Khabib vs GPS, Khabib vs Tony, but the most interesting and the most legacy important fight is Khabib vs Woodley. Are you crazy? This fight will be 100% the most interesting fight that UFC can make, maybe it will not break the PPV record, but for the real fan this will be pantswetting match. I hope they make it.
Imagine this - Welterweight bout between >200 lbs division one wrestler who is number one on 3 categories in the UFC - The strongest puncher, The fastest puncher, The best takedown defence VS the crazy 200 lbs Russian with unbelievable strength and perfect cardio who can take everyone down. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOW.

Rather than May talks would make more sense to have a non title fight between these two at catchweight.

This would be a legacy fight for both guys imo but no need to put the belt on the line if GSP doesn’t intend to defend it.

Theres something like a 12 years career difference. Stop spewing that pile of shit. And no in hindsight GSP has by far the best resume in mma, beating peoples when they're at their very best.

LOL,
No!

He beat substandard fighters....and ducked the sport to become a cherry picker who calls in sick when convenient.

Back