Chael Sonnen tapped vs Fedor

He always quits when the fight gets tough. He has no heart

His only options were to turtle up and quit or get brutally beaten into unconsciousness. That was a smart decision to call it a day. Chael deserves some credit for entering a HW tournament and fighting larger men.

People talk about GSP as though he's looking for easy outs in his fights. Uh, try Chael. Guy is looking for an exit at the first sign of trouble. Never gets called on it.

He gets called on it quite regularly. More so when he was a top middleweight in the UFC. I'd never step foot in a cage so I'm not gonna call anyone a punk, sissy, quiter, or anything like that..... however, it has been pointed out that when the going gets tough, Chael gets going, out of the fight.

He did the same thing against Jones and Rashad as he did against Fedor. Despite not taking any big shots on the ground, as soon as he found himself on the bottom getting hit, he just turtles up and waits for the ref to stop it. He gets up as soon as the fight is stopped, not rocked or TKOd, not a bloody mess wobbling all over the place. I guess it's a smart move, but it seems he gives up as soon as he realizes he can't win the fight. No need to wait until you do get Ko'd or beat up pretty bad, just get out as soon as u think u won't win.

There was no tap in that gif.

Dont look like taps. Taps would come like 5 to every 1 of those punches, more like he was disoriented and was opening his guard only to continuously close it pre-impact

Chael wasn't moving at all. Similar to the Goodridge fight. Both were sitting ducks in the fight. Pride rules Chael would have been tapping out a lot quicker.

56_zps290150c0.gif~c200

Watch the vid at 3:30. Props to Chael for having the balls to fight the goat.

Nice catch. There's no good reason for him to be moving in that motion otherwise
Unless Fedor is hitting him so fucking hard his scapula is pogo sticking on the mat. I think it's a tap.

He gets called on it quite regularly. More so when he was a top middleweight in the UFC. I'd never step foot in a cage so I'm not gonna call anyone a punk, sissy, quiter, or anything like that..... however, it has been pointed out that when the going gets tough, Chael gets going, out of the fight.

He did the same thing against Jones and Rashad as he did against Fedor. Despite not taking any big shots on the ground, as soon as he found himself on the bottom getting hit, he just turtles up and waits for the ref to stop it. He gets up as soon as the fight is stopped, not rocked or TKOd, not a bloody mess wobbling all over the place. I guess it's a smart move, but it seems he gives up as soon as he realizes he can't win the fight. No need to wait until you do get Ko'd or beat up pretty bad, just get out as soon as u think u won't win.

It gets pointed out here, but not in the media. Chael is super sensitive about being confronted in the media and any media member knows not to mention anything critical or Chael will get weird.

Back