Chael Sonnen tapped vs Fedor

It gets pointed out here, but not in the media. Chael is super sensitive about being confronted in the media and any media member knows not to mention anything critical or Chael will get weird.

I got ya, I feel that. Chael seems to put out statements more so than do interviews nowadays. Or he just uses his own platform to "interview" himself.

Didn’t see, never happened.

Chael was giving Fedor props by patting him.

“Great pound and ground Fedor! Hurt me more! More! More!”

Definitely tapped. Can't say I blame him.

I remember when he tapped out using both his feet against Rashad. <Lmaoo>

Maybe. I think he was just trying to move his arm and Fedor's fist kept coming down instead. He was rather disoriented, and commented that he thought he was defending himself better than what he saw when he watched it back.

I'm not totally convinced that was a tap.

*227lbs is heavyweight

He never seemed to have a difficult weight cut at 185.
Just because he ate more cheesecake and icecream and balloons up to 227, doesn't make him a heavyweight.

Just because he ate more cheesecake and icecream and balloons up to 227, doesn't make him a heavyweight.

Oh really? what are you? his teammate? a coach? if anyone looked out of shape it was Fedor with 9 extra pounds on Sonnen.

Sonnen looked lean and good.

Actually, yes, being 227lbs is the exact reason he is a HW. And he is in vastly better shape than most HWs. He carries very little fat.

He legit straight up quit, but I don't think he tapped.

It's a disappointing finish really because it looks more like Chael just gives up rather than Fedor like, rocking him to the finish or knocking him out cold or subbing him or whatever. If he'd finished Chael after the somersault after that ridiculous right hand to the jaw that would've been sikk.

You could clearly see he's tapping with his right arm.

Tapout.gif
I thought so as well but was unsure......looks clear here.

yeah but that happens sometimes.. fighter's hand will be bouncing when he's getting punched a lot

But it doesn't bounce, you can clearly see him open his hand and then tap twice, if his had was already open and then just started bouncing I would agree but he opened his hand and tapped himself twice.

But it doesn't bounce, you can clearly see him open his hand and then tap twice, if his had was already open and then just started bouncing I would agree but he opened his hand and tapped himself twice.
sorry mate, don't see it as a tap
Still undefeated and undisputed
34168.2.jpg

Back