Chael Sonnen's Top Three heavyweights of all time

If you go by resume/volume of accomplishment relative to era, it's Fedor and Nog as a clear 1/2, with the third spot being open to someone like Werdum/Stipe/Cain/JDS

Cro Cop is clearly in a different/lesser tier than those guys. So is Barnett.

I'm fine with putting Werdum third, there are a few fighters one can make arguments for the third spot. Mentioning DC or Stipe is a joke though.

Cro cop has 52 fights with 39 wins over very good fighters and fought the two best in their prime. He had some rough patches but that doesn't take away from his whole body of work.

DC is 14-0 as a HW and won the tigle at 39.

Why is it a joke to rate him over CroCop? How highly do you rate wins over mma fossils like Coleman or Randleman? I guess Ron Waterman and Heath Herring were world-beaters. Not too mention the 14 Japanese fighterd he beat (find me a relevant Japanese fighter above 185).

If HW UFC was such a joke, why was 32 year-old CroCop, 5 months removed from his crowning achievement, only able to go 5-6?

JDS punched CC in the face. CC literally turned away and quit.

Yes it is.
Nogueira:

#1 fighters defeated (1):
Coleman
Top 5 fighters defeated (5):
Cro Cop
Sylvia
Herring 1
Barnett 2
Rodriguez
Top 10 fighters defeated (7):
Couture
Werdum
Herring 2
Kharitonov
Schaub
Schilt
Valentijin Overeem

Barnett:

#1 fighters defeated (0):

Top 5 fighters defeated (3):

Nogueira
Couture
Severn
Top 10 fighters defeated (6):
Arlovski
Mir
Kharitonov
Hunt
Alexander Emelianenko
Schilt 1

Nogueira was always fighting guys near the top of their game. When they were top 5 and on long win streaks.
Barnett has spent most of his career fighting fringe top 10 fighters. I mean half of the top 10 fighters Josh fought were on 2 or 3 losing streaks. Mir, Nelson, and Arlovski for example.

GTFO with that brock shit 5-3-1 isn't comparable to 37-11-3, also Carwin 12-2 litterly has no big wins on his record shot Mir IS his only legit name.
Vs Randleman, Coleman, Barnett not 1 but 3x Cro Cop has been leagues better then these two casual fighters.

Brock won the belt and defended twice.

CC is 5-6 in the UFC.

Let Brock fight the 14 Japs CC fought lol.

DC is 14-0 as a HW and won the tigle at 39.

Why is it a joke to rate him over CroCop? How highly do you rate wins over mma fossils like Coleman or Randleman? I guess Ron Waterman and Heath Herring were world-beaters. Not too mention the 14 Japanese fighterd he beat (find me a relevant Japanese fighter above 185).

If HW UFC was such a joke, why was 32 year-old CroCop, 5 months removed from his crowning achievement, only able to go 5-6?

JDS punched CC in the face. CC literally turned away and quit.

14 fights doesn't put someone in GOAT discussion. And if you're going to talk about Cro cop's competition then list all of Cormier's wins at HW and their age at the time.

Cro cop had issues of course at different stages in his career but he's been fighting for almost 20 years. If you're really that averse to him being at 3 then by all means put Cormier or whoever you like there.

Cro Cop anywhere near the top 3 is ridiculous. Best HW he beat was Bsrnett and has ugly loss after ugly loss.

JDS, Cain, DC, Stipe, Werdum, and Reem all have far superior resumes.

Mir, Couture, Brock, and Carwin are all comparable.

The only ridiculous thing is Cain being in a HW goat list.

Got the title beating 5-1 Hype job Brock Lesnar.

And then he fought the same 2 fighters many time.. Bigfoot and JDS.

GTFO!

The only ridiculous thing is Cain being in a HW goat list.

Got the title beating 5-1 Hype job Brock Lesnar.

And then he fought the same 2 fighters many time.. Bigfoot and JDS.

GTFO!

Cro Cop fought 14 Japs and went 5-6 in the UFC.

Cain's losses are to GOAT candidates. CC not so much.

Except he's too afraid to have 14 fights because he'll get hit often. <Moves>

Do you actually think this is a quality post? Afraid? Doesn't like getting hit?

CC got punched in the face by JDS then literally turned and quit.

Tell me about Brock again.

1.Fedor
Werdum
Barnett

Says Fedor was fighting cans and fixed fights - > Picks all PRIDE veterans as top three.

I guess you have to give him credit for fighting anyone, anytime, anywhere. But then again, when you are also willing to tap to strikes against anyone, anytime, anywhere, protected by the ref..
Im slowly becoming a fan of chael, as he adopts a more transparent act. basically making fun of himself at this point.

he really did right anyone, anywhere. Silva, Jones, Fedor, etc.
I guess as a figher, he can look back and say that he tried his hand and the greats of his time in MMA.
Kudos to chael

Im slowly becoming a fan of chael, as he adopts a more transparent act. basically making fun of himself at this point.

he really did right anyone, anywhere. Silva, Jones, Fedor, etc.
I guess as a figher, he can look back and say that he tried his hand and the greats of his time in MMA.
Kudos to chael

He taps to strikes, anywhere, anyone, anytime. A real fighter, you say

Brock won the belt and defended twice.

CC is 5-6 in the UFC.

Let Brock fight the 14 Japs CC fought lol.
Brock Lesnar started mma fighting fir K1, you know that or? Theyve put some 4 foot 5 inch japanese in front of him whike he was roided to the max , tgey knew hes the new freakshow for the us market. Id pay that ppv if a no usada brock soccer kicks in some manners into some ytber asshole like logan paul. Thats why PrideFC/K1 > UFC

Do you actually think this is a quality post? Afraid? Doesn't like getting hit?

CC got punched in the face by JDS then literally turned and quit.

Tell me about Brock again.
Brock took a body shot, cried and retired.
<NightKingBringIt>

Everyone in this thread

tenor.gif

Of all time means present and past. Fedor for example may still be active but let's be real - he's a shell of what he used to be back in 05. That doesn't mean he's not relevant when it comes to the best of all time.

Fedor
Werdum
Big Nog

There is no logical reason for putting Barnett above Big Nog, wtf. Nog beat both werdum and barnett in their primes. He also beat CC whom destroyed Barnett 3 times, its sad how Nogs legacy is being diminished through the years.

For reference:

DC's 14 wins at HW

Gary Frazier
John Devine
Lucas Browne
Tony Johnson
Jason Riley
Soa Palelei
Devin Cole
Jeff Monson
Bigfoot Silva
Josh Barnett
Dion Staring
Frank Mir
Roy Nelson
Stipe Miocic

14 of Cro cop's wins

Josh Barnett x3
Kazuyuki Fujita x2
Satoshi Ishii x2
Heath Herring
Igor Vovchanchyn
Aleks Emelianenko
Kevin Randleman
Mark Coleman
Hidehiko Yoshida
Gabriel Gonzaga

Hopefully no one has the urge to rank DC near the top 3 of all-time HW rankings or ahead of Mirko.

Kharitonov has a lot of big wins. He looked excellent vs Big Country and isn't done.

Back