Champions can't get a break around here

Pequeño Corey

Huge For Coreyweight
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Mighty Mouse stays in his weight division and defends against all comers. Cleans out his division. Gets called a duck for not giving TJ an automatic TS after tying the record for most consecutive title defenses.

Tyron wins title and defends 3x in a year. Gets called a crybaby for wanting money fights against GSP, Diaz, and Conor.

GSP comes out of retirement, moves up a weight class and wins title. Criticized for vacating title following health problems due in part to weight gain.

What's a champ to do? Go up in weight? Stay? Only fight top contenders? No matter what they do, they're in the wrong.

Just defend in your weight class. Imo

Or vacate immediately if you have other plans

PS. I am fine with what GSP did. I’ve seen the majority be as well tbh

Just defend in your weight class. Imo

Or vacate immediately if you have other plans

I support GSP and MM decisions. I don't think Tyron ducked anyone. He spoke his mind and tried to get money fights, no harm in that. I do believe he'll continue to defend once his shoulder heals. You can't honestly say he ducked anyone.

I'm not even a GSP fan, but him fucking Bisping up then vacating was rad<Oku02>

Even though I'm not a fan of Twood, I agree TS.

The man HAS stayed active and defended his belt, boring or not.

Compared to some of the other "champs", he deserves props for at least defending on the hegular.

MM is f*cking awesome, no matter how much hate he gets. Dude is just on another level from anyone in his division.

DJ already clean that division.
2 more deserving contender are Joe B and Cejudo
been there, done that. (twice Vs joe b)
Challenge himself Vs Snake would be awesome.

Tyronne had a few boring fight.
cry a lot and wanted to face fckng Nate Diaz

GSP finally went up in weight
Not bad for a return after 4 yrs out.
But some feel Bisping wasn't a legit champ.

That being said.
I understand all of them for doing what they do.

Fck Dana and the UFC in general.
Pay them more if you really want a fight to happen.

Take on all mandatory title defenses. Boxers pay hefty fines when they avoid mandatory fights.

Mighty Mouse stays in his weight division and defends against all comers. Cleans out his division. Gets called a duck for not giving TJ an automatic TS after tying the record for most consecutive title defenses.

Tyron wins title and defends 3x in a year. Gets called a crybaby for wanting money fights against GSP, Diaz, and Conor.

GSP comes out of retirement, moves up a weight class and wins title. Criticized for vacating title following health problems due in part to weight gain.

What's a champ to do? Go up in weight? Stay? Only fight top contenders? No matter what they do, they're in the wrong.

Agree with all of the above, and would like to add the following:
1) Try to stand out and sell fights (Joanna) - get called a arrogant / tryhard / fake.
2) Be humble and genuine (Stipe)- get called boring.

DJ already clean that division.
2 more deserving contender are Joe B and Cejudo
been there, done that. (twice Vs joe b)
Challenge himself Vs Snake would be awesome.

Tyronne had a few boring fight.
cry a lot and wanted to face fckng Nate Diaz

GSP finally went up in weight
Not bad for a return after 4 yrs out.
But some feel Bisping wasn't a legit champ.

That being said.
I understand all of them for doing what they do.

Fck Dana and the UFC in general.
Pay them more if you really want a fight to happen.
<{danawhoah}>Facts

1) Try to stand out and sell fights (Joanna) - get called a arrogant / tryhard / fake.

100%

I was shocked the way everyone turned on JJ. I had no idea that many people didn't like her. She seems generally well liked on these forums.

Even though I'm not a fan of Twood, I agree TS.

The man HAS stayed active and defended his belt, boring or not.

Compared to some of the other "champs", he deserves props for at least defending on the hegular.

MM is f*cking awesome, no matter how much hate he gets. Dude is just on another level from anyone in his division.

All true. This thread was really a veiled attempt to stick up for MM. He did everything right. Took on all comers. Never bitched about money fights. Fought the best in his division and won. TJ wasn't even a champ when he tried calling him out. Demetrious wasn't about to hold up the division for a former champ who's never made the weight, when there's rightful contenders waiting in the wings.

The last time i heard joanna wasn't a champion lol.

All true. This thread was really a veiled attempt to stick up for MM. He did everything right. Took on all comers. Never bitched about money fights. Fought the best in his division and won. TJ wasn't even a champ when he tried calling him out. Demetrious wasn't about to hold up the division for a former champ who's never made the weight, when there's rightful contenders waiting in the wings.

You do realize fighters get paid to fight.....

so they'll always be able to find someone to fight Mighty Mouse not called TJ Dillashaw

there will ALWAYS be a contender, heck I'll fight Mighty Mouse for 6 figures.

It's not some noble desire, wanting to fight cans instead of top p4p fighters

By your own logic in the OP Mighty Mouse has not defended against "all comers".

dont duck any contenders and dont beg for money fights. its not really much to ask for.

also, if you believe gsp ever had any intention to defend vs legit contenders youre delusional.

You do realize fighters get paid to fight.....

so they'll always be able to find someone to fight Mighty Mouse not called TJ Dillashaw

there will ALWAYS be a contender, heck I'll fight Mighty Mouse for 6 figures.

It's not some noble desire, wanting to fight cans instead of top p4p fighters

By your own logic in the OP Mighty Mouse has not defended against "all comers".

All comers in his division. Sorry I didn't specify. And if TJ actually showed that he can make the weight and is serious about fighting at 125, MM would gladly defend as he stated. TJ needs to earn that privilege to get in there with the GOAT. He wasn't even a champ when he made the callout. It didn't really make any sense.

dont duck any contenders and dont beg for money fights. its not really much to ask for.

also, if you believe gsp ever had any intention to defend vs legit contenders youre delusional.

So when we say "contenders", is that limited to the rightful contenders in your weight class? Or anyone who wants to move up or down in weight to take a shot without having earned it?

And it was in GSP's contract to fight Whitaker. I'll believe that over sherdog conjecture. Eating to make 185 fucked his guts up. Is normal.

All comers in his division. Sorry I didn't specify. And if TJ actually showed that he can make the weight and is serious about fighting at 125, MM would gladly defend as he stated. TJ needs to earn that privilege to get in there with the GOAT. He wasn't even a champ when he made the callout. It didn't really make any sense.

No it's for the UFC and Nerds like you to worry about that, DJ as champ needs to just fight the contenders put in front of him. And lets not pretend that Guys like Ray Borg are legit contenders....heck the fight only made sense given that we knew Borg was going to lose.

Borg should have had to beat Benavidez or some other better fighters to get a shot.

Is conor holding up the lightweight Division because he hasn't fought Dariush and Kevin Lee?

The problem with JJ trying to "stand out" is that she's really bad at it. I've said this before on another thread... She talks shit like Borat. I think it would have served her a lot better to act more like Fedor and talk as little as possible.

the tyron hate is ridiculous. It goes beyond his last 2 fights, people dislike him on a personal level it seems. And I don't give a fuck if im called a race-baiter, I think most of those people are closet racists. I used to think woodley was being to sensitive. Then I came to sherdog and saw the reaction to him "speaking out of turn"

Back