Champions can't get a break around here

the tyron hate is ridiculous. It goes beyond his last 2 fights, people dislike him on a personal level it seems. And I don't give a fuck if im called a race-baiter, I think most of those people are closet racists. I used to think woodley was being to sensitive. Then I came to sherdog and saw the reaction to him "speaking out of turn"

I don't think Tyron deserved the title shot in the first place but I can't argue with what he has done since. There are numerous reasons for people to dislike him...

Didn't deserve a title shot
Boring fights
Playing the race card constantly, if anything Woodley made himself a magnet for racist hate
Calling out smaller and retired fghters like nate and nick diaz(i'll forgive him for calling out Bisping, wanting to fight a bigger champ is legit if you can get the fight)

but other than that he beat the former champ and two legit number 1 contenders on win streaks, i've no problem with him

But MM would defend in his weight class if he fights TJ.

The only champion who deserves criticism is McGregor. Normally, a champion is stripped of his title if he doesn't defend it within a year, no matter the reason. #DefendOrVacate.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Mighty Mouse stays in his weight division and defends against all comers. Cleans out his division. Gets called a duck for not giving TJ an automatic TS after tying the record for most consecutive title defenses.

Tyron wins title and defends 3x in a year. Gets called a crybaby for wanting money fights against GSP, Diaz, and Conor.

GSP comes out of retirement, moves up a weight class and wins title. Criticized for vacating title following health problems due in part to weight gain.

What's a champ to do? Go up in weight? Stay? Only fight top contenders? No matter what they do, they're in the wrong.

Strawman nonsense. Nothing wrong with money fight when you have have nothing yet to prove. The biggest example would be GSP vs Silva made sense because both cleaned division they were in, twice. Sadly never happened.

These money fights with Conor stepping over undefeated fighters are total BS. Not only had Conor a lot to prove at FW with zero defenses. The LW champ at the time had a lot to prove with zero defenses too.

MM case he has cleaned division and has nothing to prove so nothing wrong with fight TJ. TJ is iffy. While he's cleaned division he has not beat Cruz on paper. Needs to do that fist.

the tyron hate is ridiculous. It goes beyond his last 2 fights, people dislike him on a personal level it seems. And I don't give a fuck if im called a race-baiter, I think most of those people are closet racists. I used to think woodley was being to sensitive. Then I came to sherdog and saw the reaction to him "speaking out of turn"
I don't call it Sherdolf for nothing.

I don't think Tyron deserved the title shot in the first place but I can't argue with what he has done since. There are numerous reasons for people to dislike him...

Didn't deserve a title shot
Boring fights
Playing the race card constantly, if anything Woodley made himself a magnet for racist hate
Calling out smaller and retired fghters like nate and nick diaz(i'll forgive him for calling out Bisping, wanting to fight a bigger champ is legit if you can get the fight)

but other than that he beat the former champ and two legit number 1 contenders on win streaks, i've no problem with him

lol "playing the race card constantly" he mentioned race like 3 times and sherdog hasn't shut the fuck up about it since. And he wasn't even race-baiting. He gave his opinion. An opinion I originally disagreed with. Then the legions of white fans condemning him for even mentioning race showed the lack of respect people actually have for him. Even if he was blatantly wrong on all accounts, why is there such a vile reaction? I think people didn't like the source.

DJ already clean that division.
2 more deserving contender are Joe B and Cejudo
been there, done that. (twice Vs joe b)
Challenge himself Vs Snake would be awesome.

Tyronne had a few boring fight.
cry a lot and wanted to face fckng Nate Diaz

GSP finally went up in weight
Not bad for a return after 4 yrs out.
But some feel Bisping wasn't a legit champ.

That being said.
I understand all of them for doing what they do.

Fck Dana and the UFC in general.
Pay them more if you really want a fight to happen.

Bisping KTFO the champion. A guy alot of casuals in here were already anointing as the new GOAT. It doesn’t get any more legit than that.

Then practically everybody, and their dog, wanted to see Bisping vs Hendo ll. Though, I REALLY hated that idea. The “ fans “ got what they wanted. And only cried about it when the result wasn’t what they wanted.

If MM wants to move up, fine. But, a coward champion wanting to move down. Instead of defending in HIS division. That’s pure bullshit.

Apart from the obvious like Conor, and TJ. The champs are all legit. And will I expect defend in a timely manner. There are three title fights already signed for the next 2 ppvs.

100%

I was shocked the way everyone turned on JJ. I had no idea that many people didn't like her. She seems generally well liked on these forums.

She went from being intense, to being a bully just as quickly.

She started getting personal with the trash talk and calling herself boogeywoman was just cringey....

I really think that alot of fans turned on JJ when they heard Rose play the piano.....

She went from being intense, to being a bully just as quickly.

She started getting personal with the trash talk and calling herself boogeywoman was just cringey....

I really think that alot of fans turned on JJ when they heard Rose play the piano.....

Alot turned on Joanna from TUF. Apparently, they edited that season to show Claudia being an angel, and Joanna being more of a bitch.

And, Joanna just started believing her own press.

I still like her. But, she needed a shot of reality. She needs to go back to being lovable. Not this other bullshit persona she became. I didn’t like that shit at all.

She said “ don’t compare me to Ronda “ or some such shit. But, it’s not a completely unfair comparison.

Only douchebags like fighters that act like Conor, or Ronda.

Joanna went from being pretty much universally loved. To being a person a lot of ppl wanted to see take a fall. Where she goes from here is up to her. But, she’s got to repair her image. Even then many will still likely hate her for the rest of her career.

The better the champ, the more people cry about them. you should have seen the days of the infamous #1 p4p discussions between Fedor, Silva, and GSP.

I kind of get the irritation with Woodley. His pace of schedule is honourable, but the dude is the definition of "fighting not to lose". I can get over that, but his whining about money fights is irritating when he intentionally doesn't have a popular style with fans. For money fights to happen, people actually have to want to see that guy fight.

lol "playing the race card constantly" he mentioned race like 3 times and sherdog hasn't shut the fuck up about it since. And he wasn't even race-baiting. He gave his opinion. An opinion I originally disagreed with. Then the legions of white fans condemning him for even mentioning race showed the lack of respect people actually have for him. Even if he was blatantly wrong on all accounts, why is there such a vile reaction? I think people didn't like the source.
Maybe people dont like being labelled racist when theyre not?

Woodley fan here. I think he's funny. He makes no excuse when he loses. He makes a ton when he wins. And the best part, he speaks his mind against Dana. Every time he fights safe and tentative I can literally see Dana's blood pressure rise. I love it.

MM has cleaned out his division. Not only cleaned it out, but rematched a few guys he already beat while champion. Thats fine. He wanted the record. He got it. So now what?

When Anderson cleaned out the MW division, he was given fights at LHW while his division sorted itself out. And those wins don't count of course as title defenses, the record MM just broke.

When Aldo had cleaned out FW, the UFC let guys like Florian and Edgar drop down and challenge him.

So I can understand why some people get frustrated with MM.

Woodley caught some shit before the defenses because he was after the money fights instead of defending when wonderboy was on a long win streak. Mighty Mouse did not take on all comers at his weight class, TJ was moving down for the fight, not asking MM to go up. That was by far the most interesting fight he could have taken, and basically the only one anybody cared to watch.

Take on all mandatory title defenses. Boxers pay hefty fines when they avoid mandatory fights.
I get what you are saying but there are like 4 organizations with champs at each weight......so you can just smash journeymen cans most of your career while not facing champs from other sanctioning bodies in boxing and call your self the world champ.......that is pretty lame if you ask me.

Correct me if I'm wrong I really don't follow boxing at all so I won't argue lol

All true. This thread was really a veiled attempt to stick up for MM. He did everything right. Took on all comers. Never bitched about money fights. Fought the best in his division and won. TJ wasn't even a champ when he tried calling him out. Demetrious wasn't about to hold up the division for a former champ who's never made the weight, when there's rightful contenders waiting in the wings.
But that's just the thing there was no contenders......who had honestly heard of ray Borg before his title fight? Either way it doesn't bother me because I don't watch flyweight fights really except for the occasional mm fight if it's on a card I like.....

I will give him props for the armbar he landed in his last defence......it was too slick.

mm is a coward and a duck

op is just too fucking retarded to understand context

people are mad at connor because lw is one of the best division in the ufc full of contenders

mm division is fuckign shitty, its terrible, thats why he should fight tj, tj cant cut the line if there is not line

I get what you are saying but there are like 4 organizations with champs at each weight......so you can just smash journeymen cans most of your career while not facing champs from other sanctioning bodies in boxing and call your self the world champ.......that is pretty lame if you ask me.

Correct me if I'm wrong I really don't follow boxing at all so I won't argue lol
That's why some argue boxing is dying

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Mighty Mouse stays in his weight division and defends against all comers. Cleans out his division. Gets called a duck for not giving TJ an automatic TS after tying the record for most consecutive title defenses.

Tyron wins title and defends 3x in a year. Gets called a crybaby for wanting money fights against GSP, Diaz, and Conor.

GSP comes out of retirement, moves up a weight class and wins title. Criticized for vacating title following health problems due in part to weight gain.

What's a champ to do? Go up in weight? Stay? Only fight top contenders? No matter what they do, they're in the wrong.

MM and Tyron are great.

What GSP did is BS though. Take his stupid money fight and run.

mm is a coward and a duck

Keyboard warrior nonsense. MM wrecks his division. TJ is not in his division and has no other plans to fight at flyweight other than MM.

Back