Champs should not be calling out champs of lower weights

Eli1015

Martial Artist
@Brown
Reaction score
TJ dillashaw and Cody garbrandt calling out Mighty mouse is pathetic. Same with Anderson Silva back then trying to fight GSP. These champs should be calling out champions of higher weight classes. Silva should have called out Jones, Cody and TJ should be calling out max holloway. There is no pride in calling out people below your weight class. Have some respect for the sport. Fuck There was even an article with Anderson Silva calling out Conor mcgregor when Conor was the 145 pound champ...

Agreed tbh.

Everybody desperate for that champ vs champ / "money" fight.

The difference in the TJ call out is that wanted to fight on MM division and he still refused, I can understand forcing a champ to move up but this time it didn't happen

The difference in the TJ call out is that wanted to fight on MM division and he still refused, I can understand forcing a champ to move up but this time it didn't happen
That's more acceptable, but still not right imo. They will still be bigger than mighty mouse even if they cut more water weight to make 125. How about just challenge yourself and don't cut weight and challenge the 145 pound champ instead?

Aggreed, somewhat. There's different kinds of "calling out" though.

Wanting to fight someone isn't necessarily the same as calling them out. Silva, ie, wanting to fight GSP is fair. As long as he doesn't call him a pussy for not moving up.

That's more acceptable, but still not right imo. They will still be bigger than mighty mouse even if they cut more water weight to make 125. How about just challenge yourself and don't cut weight and challenge the 145 pound champ instead?
Well we can apply the same logic to MM, if he truly wants to test himself why not fight a champ / former champ? and that person is doing him a favor moving down so MM won't have much disadvantage.

Also MM already clean out FLW, beat Silva record, etc. Max just won the belt and he have a lot of guys to face so if there is a champ who is in a territory to test himself is MM, the only one IMO, maybe Joanna but that is it

It's bullying UNLESS you can make the weight to fight in their division.

If you can make the weight, then by all means you should do it. But trying to make them move u to meet you halfway is bully shit.

If TJ or Cody can make 125 they're 125ers then and have every right to call out MM. But calling him out at 135 that would be pathetic but they didn't do that.

Well we can apply the same logic to MM, if he truly wants to test himself why not fight a champ / former champ? and that person is doing him a favor moving down so MM won't have much disadvantage.

Also MM already clean out FLW, beat Silva record, etc. Max just won the belt and he have a lot of guys to face so if there is a champ who is in a territory to test himself is MM, the only one IMO, maybe Joanna but that is it
I'm not disagreeing with you and agree mighty mouse should move up and challenge the 135 pound champ. But the premise of my thread is basically when champs are calling out smaller fighters. It's a bully mentality. If mighty mouse does not want to fight at 135, so be it, but why would a champ/former champ at the higher weight class start disrespecting him for it? Just like GSP vs Silva. Silva wanted to fight GSP. But GSP was not interested. But everyone kept bombarding him with it instead of trying to make Silva move up. He already had 3 wins at LHW but still wanted to fight the WW champ? It's sad tbh. And I'm a huge Silva fan...

TJ dillashaw and Cody garbrandt calling out Mighty mouse is pathetic. Same with Anderson Silva back then trying to fight GSP. These champs should be calling out champions of higher weight classes. Silva should have called out Jones, Cody and TJ should be calling out max holloway. There is no pride in calling out people below your weight class. Have some respect for the sport. Fuck There was even an article with Anderson Silva calling out Conor mcgregor when Conor was the 145 pound champ...

Uh tj was willing to move down. Mm didn’t want a legit threat to his belt or streak so he refused. I get much more pissed about champs dodging the fights fans want to see.

I'm not disagreeing with you and agree mighty mouse should move up and challenge the 135 pound champ. But the premise of my thread is basically when champs are calling out smaller fighters. It's a bully mentality. If mighty mouse does not want to fight at 135, so be it, but why would a champ/former champ at the higher weight class start disrespecting him for it? Just like GSP vs Silva. Silva wanted to fight GSP. But GSP was not interested. But everyone kept bombarding him with it instead of trying to make Silva move up. He already had 3 wins at LHW but still wanted to fight the WW champ? It's sad tbh. And I'm a huge Silva fan...
I agree with that, I just think MM should have a reason to accept that kind of fight but other than the MM situation I agree, is kinda a bully attitude to call somebody smaller

If a champ can drop a weight class, then of course he can call out the belt holder of that weight class. I don't agree with massive weight cutting but if it's allowed then you can't fault fighters who do it.

They are calling out the best and #1 p4p fighter or at least I am being told so.

I got no problem with 135'ers calling out MM at 135. MM refers to himself as the 'greatest p4p fighter'. It's not like he would rock up to fight night and be unable to put enough weight to make 135. Two fighters weighing in at 135 the night before a fight is fair enough, especially if you're the greatest p4p fighter.

If they can make 125, it actually is perfectly fine and it's pathetic that DJ would refuse to fight them when they are clearly way better than all the average fighters he is defending against.

Back