Chandler signs with bellator

Its sports entertainment and all promotions have to make the most money possible. This has never, ever, ever, ever been about pure competition. If it was then tito would not have ducked chuck for years and fought 185lb guys, Pride would have had actual title matches instead of one off can crushing, Bellator would have stayed with tournaments, etc etc. This is entertainment first, sports seconds always has been since day 1. Sorry to ruin your fantasy of the "sport" with zero unified rules, zero recognized international amateur rankings and zero nonprofit associations behind it.............
Mixed martial arts is not a sport ..... got it. You should stick to WWE kid. If you want twitter followers and bozos running their mouths you’ll get plenty of them in that industry. I want to see the best fight the best.

tenor.gif

The UFC is a joke. A popular, exciting, marketable, and proven LW fighter is on the market and you really can’t outbid Bellator for him? Shows you where their priorities are at. They’d rather spend money on Sean “the shitter show” O’Malley and Ketlen “who da fook is that guy” Vieira than on proven talent. Chandler instantly beefs up LW and he’s someone you can throw into a main event. WME has no idea what they’re doing. Hopefully Bellator overtakes these idiots.

UFC never had an opportunity to bid........chandler never left the exclusive negotiations period bellator smartly locked down one of the most recognizable homegrown Bellator talents.

Glad he is staying there is alot of good talent coming up at 155 and Chandlers fights are always worth watching. Finally we can see him rematch primus and hopefully bellator gets Alvarez that's be awesome.

Mixed martial arts is not a sport ..... got it. You should stick to WWE kid. If you want twitter followers and bozos running their mouths you’ll get plenty of them in that industry. I want to see the best fight the best.

tenor.gif
I want to see good fights, I don't give a shit about the best. Hell I would rather gouge my eyes out than watch Jake shields fight Maia even if they are "the best". I just want entertainment, along with the other 85% of fans who buy cards purely based on that. Hard cores are a small percentage of buyers, hell most people here don't buy shit anyways so why cater to them when they mean nothing to your bottom line?

I want to see good fights, I don't give a shit about the best. Hell I would rather gouge my eyes out than watch Jake shields fight Maia even if they are "the best". I just want entertainment, along with the other 85% of fans who buy cards purely based on that. Hard cores are a small percentage of buyers, hell most people here don't buy shit anyways so why cater to them when they mean nothing to your bottom line?

Completely agree with gueseguy I'd prefer the best fighting the best all these fake ass tough guys is annoying and unbelievable.Its like watching 80s WWF promos it's fucking cringey.Its fine if bad blood legitimately materializes but now it's expected every guy has to be some kinda brash asshole to sell fights.

Casuals will come and go it's the hardcores that established and continue to support MMA if it were up to casuals mma would be nothing but UFC and we'd have fights featuring celebrities and tv stars.

Fuck that dumb adolescent BS

its the best decision for him. honestly i see his UFC run going like Will Brooks. the absolute best case scenario is more like gaethje where hes in some exciting wars but takes way too much unnecessary damage

UFC never had an opportunity to bid........chandler never left the exclusive negotiations period bellator smartly locked down one of the most recognizable homegrown Bellator talents.

Glad he is staying there is alot of good talent coming up at 155 and Chandlers fights are always worth watching. Finally we can see him rematch primus and hopefully bellator gets Alvarez that's be awesome.

there is alot of good talent coming up at 155 in Bellator?

I guess I'm forgetting who that is cause I dont see anything interesting in Bellators LW div.

His reasoning was spot on. He said something to the effect "fans don't care about you 6 months after your fight. I have to think about my family and the long term."

Yea he could excite fans in UFC and maybe go on a 2-3 yr run but won't get paid nearly as much as he would in Bellator and Bellator allows alot more freedoms than a UFC contract.

I guess I'm forgetting who that is cause I dont see anything interesting in Bellators LW div.

Actually there are some good fighters coming up at 155.....

Ryan Scope,Terry Brazier,Pedro Carvalho,Carrington Banks,Andre Fialho,Goiti Yamauchi,Adam Piccolotti.

And established 155ers like Bendo,Norman Parke,Patricky Pitbull,Derek Campos,Derek Anderson,Josh Thompson.

Plus there will be many more signings coming with the DAZN deal guaranteed for 3 years and Bellators expansion plans.

Agreed. I’m a big advocate for Bellator retaining homegrown guys and beefing up all their divisions to the max but LW is a mess. Primus is a ducker and there’s nobody at 155 for Chandler to fight. They’re pushing Saad Awad ffs. If there’s any time I’d wanna see a Bellator guy go to UFC, this is it. Chandler should’ve went if he got the right terms. But if he didn’t, I completely understand. Money first and foremost. Fans don’t pay the bills and you’re worth what you can negotiate.

Agreed. I’m a big advocate for Bellator retaining homegrown guys and beefing up all their divisions to the max but LW is a mess. Primus is a ducker and there’s nobody at 155 for Chandler to fight. They’re pushing Saad Awad ffs. If there’s any time I’d wanna see a Bellator guy go to UFC, this is it. Chandler should’ve went if he got the right terms. But if he didn’t, I completely understand. Money first and foremost. Fans don’t pay the bills and you’re worth what you can negotiate.

Yeah its one thing if you have a div like WW with some guys in it, Rory goes to Bellator. Sure there are better fights in UFC for him but MVP, maybe Koreshkov, he fought Lima. Larkin. Some good fights. Not end of the world.

But in this case that LW div is shit and just like FKA listed I mean he's mentioning Josh Thompson, thats all you need to know about that div.

Primus rematch is pretty meh, he's already fought Pitbull, Bendo, Goiti, Rickels.

None of those BAMMA guys coming up are anything special. Is anyone getting excited about Norman Parke coming up to fight Chandler?

Its gonna be like most Bellator divs which might have a top guy but nobody really to fight. So as a fan yeah it sucks but oh well.

Great job by Bellator to keep their top notch LW fighter. An exciting elite LW like this is a great re-signing.

Chandler should’ve went if he got the right terms.

He never even went to free agency he got a deal done during exclusive negotiations period so obviously he got good numbers from bellator.

Good for him and Bellator. He has 21 fights there.. he is a household name and a homegrown star.

UFC could have used him like they are doing with Gaethje.. instant star.

I don't even care for ill Will Brooks but when he left Bellator for the UFC he got played hard. So did Tamdan McCrory.

Chandler is intelligent to stay put.

The UFC is a joke. A popular, exciting, marketable, and proven LW fighter is on the market and you really can’t outbid Bellator for him? Shows you where their priorities are at. They’d rather spend money on Sean “the shitter show” O’Malley and Ketlen “who da fook is that guy” Vieira than on proven talent. Chandler instantly beefs up LW and he’s someone you can throw into a main event. WME has no idea what they’re doing. Hopefully Bellator overtakes these idiots.

he never made it to unrestricted free agency UFC never got a chance to put in a bid

Sucks, but not surprising. Would've loved to see some fresh new match-ups for him with the UFC.

Took long enough. Was beginning to get the feeling that Bellator was going to let him sign with UFC, in order to make way for CM Skunk.

Back