Changing academy

feeeno

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I'm thinking of switching to a competition aimed gym, but I do not know how to explain it to the coach. Our gym have few lightweght and not many compete

Have been practicing with him for almost two years and he has taught me a lot. have won some ibjjf and other local tournaments lately but feel like a white belt and 21 years I should switch to further develop. I feel like that the white belt with serveral stripe om the gym is terrible and a bounch of the blue belt.

How should I explaint It to the coaches. They people in the gym hate the other and maybe vice versa.

Just tell him you are leaving the gym. It happens all the time.

I'm thinking of switching to a competition aimed gym, but I do not know how to explain it to the coach. Our gym have few lightweght and not many compete

Have been practicing with him for almost two years and he has taught me a lot. have won some ibjjf and other local tournaments lately but feel like a white belt and 21 years I should switch to further develop. I feel like that the white belt with serveral stripe om the gym is terrible and a bounch of the blue belt.

How should I explaint It to the coaches. They people in the gym hate the other and maybe vice versa.

Do you beat the other guys in your gym and feel you can't improve there? Or are you saying there isn't enough people your weight to train with who compete?
I think you said you are a whitebelt which means you don't even know your BJJ style yet.

In the end feel free to switch or you could just tell your coach you want to do open mats with other gyms due to no light weight competitors.
If the coach gets mad then who really cares, you will have just burnt a bridge with that gym. It sounds like that might not be a bad thing if they get that bothered.

If you are a paying customer you should just simply say, I want to try out the other gym. Thank you for your help these past two years. Unless you were training for free you do not owe your current school anything.

one thing I've noticed is that a lot of people talk about "loyalty" in bjj. but don't let that word guilt you into staying at a gym if you want to move on. ultimately you have to do what's right for you. just because you're instructor has taught you a lot of jiu jitsu, doesn't mean you're obligated to stay. you're a paying customer and you have to do what's right for you. although for me, it's always seemed like you're breaking up with a girl, which isn't fun.

If it were your son, you would send him to the best gym for him, that you could afford. It wouldn't be an insult to the old gym to take a break, try something else, come back. Everyone would expect the professor to be mature enough not to take it personally.

Same principle applies to your own development.

That is sad. Why the hate?

Also how do you the other academy is more competition oriented,?

because they always compete and have produced many good performers. Also I know people who go there. Dont ask me about the hate- idk

Thanks for the tips. going to tell the coach soon

Just tell him you are a creonte. He will understand. He will slap how can?

Back