Charlo is Canelo's Mandatory?

FightGuyOpenMind

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I came across this video earlier today. Haven't confirmed, but it is being reported that Charlo is Canelo's mandatory. In the video Abel Sanchez does not deny saying that he believes Charlo would beat Canelo. His thought behind the fight is that Charlo has the ability but does not have the "marketability".

What do you think? Can this fight be made, should this fight be made, and who comes out with their hand raised at the end of the night?

I came across this video earlier today. Haven't confirmed, but it is being reported that Charlo is Canelo's mandatory. In the video Abel Sanchez does not deny saying that he believes Charlo would beat Canelo. His thought behind the fight is that Charlo has the ability but does not have the "marketability".

What do you think? Can this fight be made, should this fight be made, and who comes out with their hand raised at the end of the night?

Fight might be made to avoid Danny but first it'll be Canelo v Lemuiex

If they were to fight I'd favor Charlo

Canelo's reach is just too short

Fight might be made to avoid Danny but first it'll be Canelo v Lemuiex

True. If he keeps Canelo on the end of his punches he'll have the range superiority, and he can spark him from a distance. Charlo can crack, undoubtedly.

Charlo gets knocked out.

Charlo gets knocked out.
i used to think so too, but now i'm not so sure.

he's a tall, rangy guy and he's a big puncher. i think he's a live dog in a fight with anyone at the top of the division.

he's a tall, rangy guy and he's a big puncher. i think he's a live dog in a fight with anyone at the top of the division.

Charlo would be the aggressor and I'm not sure Canelo has the power to dissuade him from coming forward. Whether Charlo has the ability to make Canelo back up and actually outbox him is another question.

Tall and rangy will mean fuck all unless he wants to just try to Lara Canelo, which is not his style whatsoever.

Charlo has proven zero at the top level. Its baffling that anyone would pick him over Canelo right now.

Charlo would be the aggressor and I'm not sure Canelo has the power to dissuade him from coming forward. Whether Charlo has the ability to make Canelo back up and actually outbox him is another question.
Does Charlo have Golovkin’s chin? Who has really put it to the test?

Tall and rangy will mean fuck all unless he wants to just try to Lara Canelo, which is not his style whatsoever.

Charlo has proven zero at the top level. Its baffling that anyone would pick him over Canelo right now.
i don't really see anyone picking him over canelo, alvarez should clearly be the favorite. i'm just saying charlo can fight, dismissing him makes no sense.

i don't really see anyone picking him over canelo, alvarez should clearly be the favorite. i'm just saying charlo can fight, dismissing him makes no sense.

Charlo looks good. Hes yet to fight anyone though.

Rather this than GGG as a fan of him. Hopefully Danny Boy gets a shot too.

Does Charlo have Golovkin’s chin? Who has really put it to the test?
And can Charlo dig deep like GGG did when he's getting touched up?
The GGG 2nd fight didn't do anyone in the MW division any favors. Canelo knows he took the hardest hitter in the game's punches and got away with stalking all night. Hes gonna walk right at guys until proven he shouldnt.

Jermill aint seen a dude like Canelo in front of him yet.
The GGG 2nd fight didn't do anyone in the MW division any favors. Canelo knows he took the hardest hitter in the game's punches and got away with stalking all night. Hes gonna walk right at guys until proven he shouldnt.
I legit think folks are ignoring how good Canelo is because they dont like him. The crazy part is he keeps getting better.

It's a legitimate point, but if he fights a guy like Jacobs, he shouldn't. Canelo showed an incredible amount against Golovkin, but he still doesn't cut the ring well, and a guy like Jacobs moves quite well. Canelo beats Jacobs by being the boxer-puncher that he is and countering him when he gets wild. I think Canelo likely does beat Jacobs now, but Canelo doesn't do it pretending he's Julio Cesar Chavez (Sr., of course).

It's a legitimate point, but if he fights a guy like Jacobs, he shouldn't. Canelo showed an incredible amount against Golovkin, but he still doesn't cut the ring well, and a guy like Jacobs moves quite well. Canelo beats Jacobs by being the boxer-puncher that he is and countering him when he gets wild. I think Canelo likely does beat Jacobs now, but Canelo doesn't do it pretending he's Julio Cesar Chavez (Sr., of course).
Danny is a different monster and I think hes far and away the worst matchup for Canelo. I still favor him, but not by a huge margin.

Danny is a different monster and I think hes far and away the worst matchup for Canelo. I still favor him, but not by a huge margin.

I agree. Movers have always been Canelo's issue, and Jacobs can also bomb in addition to his boxing skill. If Jacobs had a great jab (say, if he had Golovkin's jab), I'd favour him against Canelo, but I think Canelo will be able to counter him enough and get to his enough to get the nod if they fight. It'll be hard-fought, though, and Jacobs will have a considerable size advantage. I'd expect it to be another quality fight (I think people are a little down on Jacobs after his last two performances, and I don't think that's particularly deserved).

Good. Why the fck would anyone buy Lemieux vs canelo
Fully expect Lemi to get stomped but that fight is awesome for entertainment value.

Sucks it would be ppv, but Id still buy it.

Back