Charlo is Canelo's Mandatory?

Fully expect Lemi to get stomped but that fight is awesome for entertainment value.

Sucks it would be ppv, but Id still buy it.
i like lemieux, i don't want him to take that beating. he gets hurt in that fight.

Fully expect Lemi to get stomped but that fight is awesome for entertainment value.

Sucks it would be ppv, but Id still buy it.

Fair one. It will be a good fight whilst it lasts, it’s just such a step down from golovkin when there are 2 guys without belts that are more than worthy. I can’t really begrudge him an ‘easier’ fight after his last 2

i like lemieux, i don't want him to take that beating. he gets hurt in that fight.
Fair one. It will be a good fight whilst it lasts, it’s just such a step down from golovkin when there are 2 guys without belts that are more than worthy. I can’t really begrudge him an ‘easier’ fight after his last 2
Agree on all accounts.

I came across this video earlier today. Haven't confirmed, but it is being reported that Charlo is Canelo's mandatory. In the video Abel Sanchez does not deny saying that he believes Charlo would beat Canelo. His thought behind the fight is that Charlo has the ability but does not have the "marketability".

What do you think? Can this fight be made, should this fight be made, and who comes out with their hand raised at the end of the night?

Well, depends on what the particular sanctioning body does with Golovkin. Canelo and Charlo were rated #2 and #1 contenders for one of those belts. That body could decide Golovkin gets a rematch instead.

Don’t really like either guy, but I think I want Charlo to lose more.

Well, depends on what the particular sanctioning body does with Golovkin. Canelo and Charlo were rated #2 and #1 contenders for one of those belts. That body could decide Golovkin gets a rematch instead.

I don't know what belt it's for. I've been hearing Charlo as the mandatory for quite some time now. I think it may have been GGG's mandatory, now that Canelo has those belts it's Canelo's mandatory. If anyone knows what belt it's for feel free to post. Thanks.

Charlo would spark
Tall and rangy will mean fuck all unless he wants to just try to Lara Canelo, which is not his style whatsoever.

Charlo has proven zero at the top level. Its baffling that anyone would pick him over Canelo right now.

Lara was a 34yr old 5'9. Charlo is a 28/29yr old 6'0. All together different range. Canelo is eye level with Lara, won't be with Charlo. Lara doesn't crack like Charlo.

The fight can go either way. I personally give the edge to Charlo: can crack, height/reach advantage, hungry (Lions Only).

I just want to see the fight, if he's the mandatory in the WBC it's fair play. He earned the spot. He has the interim.

The middleweight division already has a blemish from the dodging GGG did with Ward. Canelo should not follow suit, and fight the man.

i used to think so too, but now i'm not so sure.

he's a tall, rangy guy and he's a big puncher. i think he's a live dog in a fight with anyone at the top of the division.
my issue with Charlo is 1. that he's had a significant size advantage against everybody so far, which he won't against Canelo and that 2. he becomes a headhunter when he's going for the kill, and his jab, while good, tends to stick to a rythm. I don't see that working well agianst a guy with the diversity or head movement of Canelo.

Absolutely disagree. Charlo would be in there with a midget. If he gets knocked out he deserved it because he did something all together wrong.
Charlo would spark

Lara was a 34yr old 5'9. Charlo is a 28/29yr old 6'0. All together different range. Canelo is eye level with Lara, won't be with Charlo. Lara doesn't crack like Charlo.

The fight can go either way. I personally give the edge to Charlo: can crack, height/reach advantage, hungry (Lions Only).

I just want to see the fight, if he's the mandatory in the WBC it's fair play. He earned the spot. He has the interim.

The middleweight division already has a blemish from the dodging GGG did with Ward. Canelo should not follow suit, and fight the man.
Are you thinking this is a height contest or something?

Fyi, Ward and GGG werent in the same weight class lol. I wanted to see it, but no fighter is required to go up or down in weight.

Tall and rangy will mean fuck all unless he wants to just try to Lara Canelo, which is not his style whatsoever.

Charlo has proven zero at the top level. Its baffling that anyone would pick him over Canelo right now.
Lol, people just watched GGG get walked down, but Charlo cant be dissuaded. Lol. Fucking Canelo haters

Are you thinking this is a height contest or something?

Fyi, Ward and GGG werent in the same weight class lol. I wanted to see it, but no fighter is required to go up or down in weight.

Prefix was a technicality: middleweight, supermiddleweight; fair play. In any case the fight was offered. They were close enough in weight to come to an agreement.

Ward would disagree, he went up in weight to dethrone Kovalev. Roy Jones would disagree as well. That is why he did his pound for pound climb. For them it was about legacy, and getting the fights. Here is what Ward had to say:

"Little G' turned down an official fight with us," Ward told the reporter. "The reality is for all the talk ... the proof is in the pudding. I have an email right now that shows we gave them what they want ... 50/50 ... and the man -- the promoter --turned it down, said maybe 2017."
(http://www.latimes.com/sports/sport...olovkin-hbo-tom-loeffler-20150915-story.html#)

I'm not saying this is a height contest. Height does matter in boxing, hence the phrase "height advantage". They never give the height advantage to the shorter guy.

Lol, people just watched GGG get walked down, but Charlo cant be dissuaded. Lol. Fucking Canelo haters

Make the fight. The WBC says he's the mandatory. No hate to Canelo, give Charlo what he's earned. If he is so bad it will be easy. I think Charlo gives GGG problems by the way as well. GGG is not the golden standard in my eyes. What does hate have to do with anything, should we not respect the contender's bracket?

Make the fight. The WBC says he's the mandatory. No hate to Canelo, give Charlo what he's earned. If he is so bad it will be easy. I think Charlo gives GGG problems by the way as well. GGG is not the golden standard in my eyes. What does hate have to do with anything, should we not respect the contender's bracket?
To me Charlo is a threat to Canelo,
What do you make of vs trout?

Canelo would break his hook off in Charlo's chest cavity. Still, a good fight.

Canelo is the favourite but I'd still much rather see it over a fight with Lemieux.

Canelo is too slick and complete. He'll be just as strong big ass Charlo, Canelo will have the Tysonesque advantage here, thicker, faster hands, coming from down low, sick uppercuts, headmovement and great defensive skills. Charlo has limitations, and while I like dude, Canelo will win over him. Only guy in division who has a shot is Jacobs, or GGG if 3rd fight happens, and he boxes like he did in 2nd fight, and can manage just trying to box Canelo and not over power the younger fighter. GGG had his moments, at least 4-5 rounds by circling and jabbing and basically being a more responsible BOXER. Charlo can't do all that. He's big, technically sound enough, hits hard just like Canelo, and is a dog. Canelo might be better in every way but height here.

Back