Chasing Mediocrity

OHP
3x155
4x135

Deads
5x170
5x190

Resetting ohp, also forgot how to add and did my DL sets backwards.

BB Side Press
5x45
5x45

Deads
5x205
5x185

Trying something different with the side presses. Have read good things about them in regards to resolving some of my issues. Also only lifted two days last week, work was a crapshoot. Shooting for 4 times this week.

BB Side Press
5x50
5x45

Deads
5x220
5x200

I feel stupid as hell doing side presses atm, they're awkward and I'm still getting the hang of them. But I will say my shoulders feel amazingly good afterwards, loosens them up very nicely.

Barbell Side Press
5x55
5x50

Deadlift
5x235
5x210

This was Thursday, forgot to hit enter.

Barbell Side Press
5x60
5x50

Deadlift
5x250
5x225

Felt good, no comment really. I'm loving the side presses.

Barbell Side Press
5x60
5x55

Deadlift
5x265
5x240

Haven't had time to lift with work. I've been working 12+ hours every day and a bunch of that is heavy shit (hanging on cranes all day, carrying heavy shit, etc) so I've been feeling beat up enough to where I don't think lifting would be beneficial. Just repeated my last workout today. Will be like this for another 2-3 weeks then work should start slowing down.

Barbell Side Press
5x60
5x55

Deadlift
5x265
5x240

Still busy with work, just gonna repeat this workout once a week to maintain till shit slows down. Also gonna start cutting here. Just gonna run a 40/40/20 at a deficit to start and see how it goes. I'm fat enough shouldn't be too tricky at first lol

Barbell Side Press
5x50
5x45

Deadlift
5x220
5x200

Work is back to normal, gonna shoot for mon/tue thu/fri from now on. Also cutting started off a bit slow, started off at 3000 cals but I've lost a whopping 1 lb over the last month, dropping down to 2500 and seeing what happens.

Barbell Side Press
5x55
5x50

Deadlift
5x235
5x215

Sill using a belt on all deadlifts, I'm wondering if I should ditch it at some point but a history of lower back injuries keeps me playing it safe for now. I am using it properly, not doing the tight-as-possible-can't-breathe thing new guys do. I figure I still get a good bit of core work doing deadlifts with a belt anyway, and side presses provide a bit of core work too. Deadlifting everything double overhand still, my grip has never been an issue even when I was deadlifting around 500 10 years ago. Cutting down to 2500 calories going fine so far, feeling a bit hungrier (duh) but as long as I spread my calories out a little bit it's working just fine.

BB Side Press
5x65
5x60

Deadlift
5x255
5x240

Was supposed to deadlift 5x265 today but got my math wrong lol. Just gonna pretend I got my 265 and get up to 280 on Monday. Side Press I'm gonna wave cycle (don't think I can lift much more), will start next week at 55.

BBSP
5x55
5x50

Deadlift
5x280
5x250

Side presses felt awkwardly light, deadlifts felt akwardly heavy. Weird. Also BW down to 253, heading the right direction.

BBSP
5x65
5x60

Deadlift
5x310
5x280

I know these workouts are only 4 sets, but it does get fairly exhausting when the weights get heavier. I'm gonna reset the deadlift. I think I got another weight jump in me, but I was starting to compromise form a bit on the last rep (weight going forward), so I'm gonna reset. Tempting to push it, but I gotta remember I started lifting again to try to rehab my fucked up back (which is working wonders so far). Side Press going well, but I'm gonna start doing a set of three with the bar as a warmup now that I'm going a little heavier. Also, rather than doing two sets of 5 with deadlifts, I'm gonna do 5/3/2 with the same weight.

BBSP
3x45
(4/3+fail)x70
5x65

Deadlift
5x160
3x160
2x160

Well I guess I'm resetting side presses too. Blergh. Gonna do the same 5/3/2 thing and see how that works. Gonna wave cycle it again (as I'm not strong enough to attempt a linear for more than 4 workouts lol). Gonna start up at 50 next week.

BBSP
5x50
3x50
2x50

Deadlift
5x175
3x175
2x175

My shoulders (particularly my left) have been a little achy after I work out. Nothing alarming, but it is there. If it doesn't desist soon, I may finish up this cycle of presses and then drop the presses for one cycle.

BBSP
5x55
3x55
2x55

Deadlift
5x190
3x190
2x190

Getting a bit of a popping noise (feels like tendon slipping) in my left shoulder on the presses. Noticed it goes away on the way up when I shrug my shoulder a bit more when pressing the weight, doesn't seem to help on the way down though. Probably just a technique issue I gotta work on. Also left hamstring (one I tore fairly badly ten years ago) hurt a bit after my last set of deads, for the first time in a couple years. I did carry some heavy pumps (180lbs ish) through a yacht engine room with a low ceiling and down a rickety set of stairs today, maybe that has more to do with it lol.

Last edited:
BBSP
5x60
3x60
2x60

Deadlift
5x205
3z205
2x205

Think I figured out my issue on the left shoulder. I was pressing forward a little bit, if I focus on keeping my arm over my lat it doesn't pop and feels a lot better. Gonna stick with that. Also I've been one arm cleaning the barbell up, and the catch is making that shoulder a bit achy. So I switched to standing the barbell up on end and getting under it, seems to feel a lot better. Deadlift felt paper light.

Back