Check out this video (chuck Norris style disarming)

ironkhan57

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

So I always knew this was possible but never seen this. And chuck Norris I only really watched the fight scenes he had on YouTube never watched a full movie with him in it. So see what you guys think of this. And hopefully I don't get banned or the thread doesn't get taken down.

i don't have audio (at work right now) but did he actually kick the knife out his hand? either way, if someone's robbing a store with a knife, i'm running out of there! no need to try and be a hero over some dollars. good to know a kick could work, i assumed the best knife defense is two hands on one wrist control, to try and make them drop it or trip them, etc...thanks for sharing!

i don't have audio (at work right now) but did he actually kick the knife out his hand? either way, if someone's robbing a store with a knife, i'm running out of there! no need to try and be a hero over some dollars. good to know a kick could work, i assumed the best knife defense is two hands on one wrist control, to try and make them drop it or trip them, etc...thanks for sharing!

Your welcome, but I think it was a gun, because if it was a knife don't you think the guy would've kicked it immediately instead of waiting until the robbers head was turned?

Edit:just watched the video more clearly it was a knife.

Last edited:

So I always knew this was possible but never seen this. And chuck Norris I only really watched the fight scenes he had on YouTube never watched a full movie with him in it. So see what you guys think of this. And hopefully I don't get banned or the thread doesn't get taken down.

it was a knife, he says so in the video. that guys channel is good. I dont think the Robber was very intent on stabbing anyone, just using it to scare, if he wanted to stab that man he could have easily.

it was a knife, he says so in the video. that guys channel is good. I dont think the Robber was very intent on stabbing anyone, just using it to scare, if he wanted to stab that man he could have easily.

Yeah I've met people who have are attempted mugging victims, one of them told me back in the day a guy tried to mug him and he put his head up to the gun and told him to do it and he never did. A lot of people can't bring themselves to kill someone in cold blood.

Years ago when I trained in hapkido, one of the knife defences was an inside crescent kick to disarm the knife. I always thought it was ridiculous.
<mma4>

Yeah I've met people who have are attempted mugging victims, one of them told me back in the day a guy tried to mug him and he put his head up to the gun and told him to do it and he never did. A lot of people can't bring themselves to kill someone in cold blood.

thats extremely stupid, theres alot of people that go no problem popping some ones head like a balloon.

If someone has a knife, and you do not your fucked, you need to escape(run), if you cannot escape you need to keep your distance somehow, or find a barrier, or find something on the spot to use as a weapon to keep your distance like a chair or trashcan or broom for example. Some fancy bullshit knife disarm move will get you stabbed. Its fantasy martial arts guys.

pay close attention, and you will find these guys slap their thighs, chest, etc when the move starts, to make more slappy noises. Fantasy martial arts guys.

If someone has a knife, and you do not your fucked, you need to escape(run), if you cannot escape you need to keep your distance somehow, or find a barrier, or find something on the spot to use as a weapon to keep your distance like a chair or trashcan or broom for example. Some fancy bullshit knife disarm move will get you stabbed. Its fantasy martial arts guys.

pay close attention, and you will find these guys slap their thighs, chest, etc when the move starts, to make more slappy noises. Fantasy martial arts guys.

You'd have to have a complete disregard of your own safety to take on someone with a knife unarmed.

That said, if there were anyone I would think tp have some aptitude in knife-based situations it would be kali practitioners (this is knowing nothing about the association you just posted a clip of).

You'd have to have a complete disregard of your own safety to take on someone with a knife unarmed.

That said, if there were anyone I would think tp have some aptitude in knife-based situations it would be kali practitioners (this is knowing nothing about the association you just posted a clip of).

i know what kali is, i dont think that video i posted is associated with any kali organizations?

if you know kali, its better than knowing nothing, but your still pretty much fucked. although it all really depends on the situation, in this case a funky kick worked, some fancy knife disarming might have worked as well, but the kick or the fancy knife disarming probably isnt going to work if someone is really intent on stabbing you.

i know what kali is, i dont think that video i posted is associated with any kali organizations?

if you know kali, its better than knowing nothing, but your still pretty much fucked. although it all really depends on the situation, in this case a funky kick worked, some fancy knife disarming might have worked as well, but the kick or the fancy knife disarming probably isnt going to work if someone is really intent on stabbing you.

Completely agree, if you choose to take on a oknife assailant who means business, I think it's less a case of whether you come out of it unharmed, and more a case of whether the injuries you acquire will be fatal or not.

I knew of a bouncer that was stabbed to death, he was part of a three man door crew, they chucked out a guy half their size once, he took it personally and came back with a large hunting knife strapped to his hand and stabbed one of the bouncers to death, 3 large experienced guys could not stop one guy half their size from killing one of them, if the intent is there and the attacker has no fear of the possible outcome, it's pretty hard to stop them, even if you have a firearm.

Note that he grabbed a bottle off the shelf too. That would be my go-to reaction as well - grab anything that can be used as a weapon. The longer the better.
(that's what she said)

Note that he grabbed a bottle off the shelf too. That would be my go-to reaction as well - grab anything that can be used as a weapon. The longer the better.
(that's what she said)

I should carry a katana then lol.

From what iv been reading in Canada there is no length restriction on carrying knives within the Criminal Code, but there is a prohibition against carrying a knife if the possessor intends to carry for a purpose dangerous to public peace or for the purpose of committing a criminal offence.

so Khan if you visit feel free to walk Downtown Toronto with your Katana..if its for fruit or cosplay..or anything aside from actually using it as a weapon..watch out for homeless bible thumpers though

Hwamg Jang Lee killed a filipino knife expert in a TKD seminar, with a front kick to the solar plexus. I think he would take exception to being fucked.

Years ago when I trained in hapkido, one of the knife defences was an inside crescent kick to disarm the knife. I always thought it was ridiculous.
<mma4>

i'm not a very good kicker, but the crescent kick seems kinda useless, let alone for kicking a knife out of a hand. maybe if the guy is holding it still like in the video...but yeah risky. if you miss he could easily lunge forward and stab in the torso.

like Hotora said, long sword would be cumbersome, i guess guns are the moderns day katanas? at least in America

i'm not a very good kicker, but the crescent kick seems kinda useless, let alone for kicking a knife out of a hand. maybe if the guy is holding it still like in the video...but yeah risky. if you miss he could easily lunge forward and stab in the torso.

like Hotora said, long sword would be cumbersome, i guess guns are the moderns day katanas? at least in America

From what iv been reading in Canada there is no length restriction on carrying knives within the Criminal Code, but there is a prohibition against carrying a knife if the possessor intends to carry for a purpose dangerous to public peace or for the purpose of committing a criminal offence.

so Khan if you visit feel free to walk Downtown Toronto with your Katana..if its for fruit or cosplay..or anything aside from actually using it as a weapon..watch out for homeless bible thumpers though

Can I bring 2 katana's?

Back