Check out this weightlifters progression:

Cool vid so far 5 min in. ADHD, will return to watch more.
He has a great calisthenics base by 15. Somewhere after 16 genetics kicked in, dude moves some weight and has good form already. Still looks like a lanky teen and is putting up some impressive numbers. Body responds well to his training style.

@ 3:00 of OP vid dude snatches 220 lbs as a lanky 16 yo? WTF fuck this kid LOL. Apparently dude is a living meme and his online PRs rival WRs. I want to know who his coaches were and how he achieved such clean form. His C&J form at age 15 looks even worse than mine but he somehow still manages 198 lbs. Then from 16 on, his form looks way cleaner and he starts putting up even more weight. Then in his 20's all his numbers are f'ing crazy. There is 0% chance he taught himself how to oly lift like that.

FWIW looks like he claims natty up to age 18 when he squatted 578 lbs ATG @ 190 lbs. But "enhanced" he did 10 reps of 584 lbs. Maybe GOAT level natural talent but I still want to know how much coaching he got and from who.

Last edited:
Why do you guys assume he s on the gear? The dude is extremely gifted physically and has been obviously very disciplined and obsessed with training since being a child. This is what happens at 23 when these things are combined?

We assume he’s on gear because he has said it himself multiple times and made videos about it, lol. It’s the reason he doesn’t compete.

I did some reading up on this dude and he's pretty interesting. Apparently he doesn't like the hypocrisy of federation PED testing and says gear is required to compete at that level. Haters on reddit also point out that training lifts =/= comp lifts and that this dude has only done 2 comps (as a teen, one shown at 4:57 in OP vid), that he underperformed in those comps and only stuck 3/12 lifts. He also does a squat jerk instead of a split jerk as in every other training lift in the vid. On his website, he says, "If you think you're a squat jerker, you're an idiot. If you can't squat jerk, you suck."

Maybe dude has social anxiety or just doesn't compete well. I find it fascinating that his form at 15 sucks. Hard. He obviously hasn't been snatching a broomstick since he was 5. Looks like he legitimately started training at 15 and two years later was snatching over 300 lbs natty. What the actual fuck. He claims to be largely self-taught and was overtraining 2 x day, 6 days/week until his knees gave out at age 19. Now it sounds like he just trains for personal fulfillment and love of the sport.

Easy to see how he's a meme. Trifecta of GOAT tier genetics + talent + work ethic.

Last edited:
We assume he’s on gear because he has said it himself multiple times and made videos about it, lol. It’s the reason he doesn’t compete.
Did he say what age he started? Around 21 he thickened up and face changed. But seems like a young start.

Man is front squatting my deadlift goals and isn't even old enough to drink. I like the bumper thunder as weights continue up .

I did some reading up on this dude and he's pretty interesting. Apparently he doesn't like the hypocrisy of federation PED testing and says gear is required to compete at that level. Haters on reddit also point out that training lifts =/= comp lifts and that this dude has only done 2 comps (as a teen, one shown at 4:57 in OP vid), that he underperformed in those comps and only stuck 3/12 lifts. He also does a squat jerk instead of a split jerk as in every other training lift in the vid. On his website, he says, "If you think you're a squat jerker, you're an idiot. If you can't squat jerk, you suck."

Maybe dude has social anxiety or just doesn't compete well. I find it fascinating that his form at 15 sucks. Hard. So he obviously hasn't been snatching a broomstick since he was 5. Looks like he legitimately started training at 15 and two years later was snatching over 300 lbs natty. What the actual fuck. He claims to be largely self-taught and was overtraining 2 x day, 6 days/week until his knees blew up at age 19. Now it sounds like he just trains for personal fulfillment and love of the sport.

Easy to see how he's a meme. Trifecta of GOAT tier genetics + talent + dedication.

Don’t know much about the guy other than some YouTube vids I’ve seen from my recommended, but I would believe his reasons, since he seems pretty open about his PED use and training in general. He’s on the very far end of mutant genetics for strength and power for sure. His best C&J is 490lbs @217lbs. That’s the sort of weight Olympic medalists are moving at that BW (Olympic record @211lbs is 495lbs). Even if competition and gym lifts are not the same, that’s completely insane.

Did he say what age he started? Around 21 he thickened up and face changed. But seems like a young start.

Man is front squatting my deadlift goals and isn't even old enough to drink. I like the bumper thunder as weights continue up .

I'm curious too but AFAIK he's never said when - though I haven't read all his Q&As. But the vid I posted above comparing "Natty vs. Enhanced" is from his youtube channel and his "natty" example is him squatting 578 lbs (3x BW) at age 18 while his "enhanced" example is squatting 584 lbs x 10 which appears in his training montage when he was 24. So somewhere between 18 and 24 according to what he's posted. I suspect may have been after he blew out his knees at 19 and had to take a year off with surgery. He came right back and started setting fresh PRs.

But natty 3x BW squat in his teens? On or off the juice, I fucking hate this guy.

Last edited:
Remarkable young man. In fact, I'm fairly certain he was stronger at 15 than I am now.

And yes, I hate the fucking Mutant:)

That's a very well known Youtube-only weightlifter. Clarence. He actively avoids actual weightlifting competitions. I don't know why. I'm guessing because he's Ronnie Coleman Natty.

I did something similar to what he does in the past. Fuck man, my Olympic-style squat (with a pause at the bottom) went from 335 pounds to goddamn 415 in under four months. But it's not something me or anyone could sustain. By the end of it, my knees had tendonitis. If I kept it up I probably would've suffered an overuse knee injury.

The only people who can keep it up are the ones with 1970's Bulgarian genetics. And more power to you if you are like that. But also consider that those guys who did it, Clarence included, have more drugs in their veins than overdosed self-harmers. And some people in this world have amazing responses to drugs. Like Ronnie Coleman, for example.

On the other hand you got guys like Doug Hepburn from the fifties who squatted 800 pounds raw before dianabol was invented. And the squat was literally his least impressive lift. His training was more sustainable over time, more appropriate for natural guys, more conservative with its workload, and produces far less injuries than what guys like Clarence does.

Also, it's not like I can replicate that 80-pound squat gain again and again every four months.

Back