Chelsea Clinton Says It’s ‘Unchristian’ To End Legal Abortion. Claims She’s Deeply Pious

abiG

The Last Iconoclast
Banned
Reaction score
I still don't understand how strongly the left can openly support something so abhorrent. The interview is so disgusting. There is not one sane person there to even disagree. Or even remind her that when a women miscarries at 8 weeks, she cries in horror at the loss of her child, but at 12 weeks, somehow, it's just a bunch of cells.

Former first daughter Chelsea Clinton said that overturning Roe V. Wade would be “unchristian” and that doing so is totally unthinkable in a SiriusXM interviews Thursday.

“We can’t go back to that [pre-Roe V. Wade]. That’s unconscionable to me,” Clinton said.

“As a deeply religious person, it’s also unchristian to me,” she continued....
https://thepoliticalinsider.com/che...nt=1d09840caddec138a6473c7b9fa19141&source=CI

Last edited:
Seriously it's Sunday yo...

Deeply religious person? That's almost funny.

You mean a christian being unchrist like? Who would have thought that would ever happen!

<Ellaria01>

Correct me if I am wrong but abortion banned by the Torah, Bible or Koran and while it's wasn't as common as it is today the men who wrote the holy texts were well aware of the practice. If there was a place to speak out on abortion it would have been in those holy texts.

Romans 1

28 Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. 29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice.

Didn't she convert to Judaism to marry her beaux?

Taking political activists with a grain of salt is highly recommended.

Romans 1

28 Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. 29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice.
This quote doesn't mention abortion.

I still don't understand how strongly the left can openly support something so abhorrent. The interview is so disgusting. There is not one sane person there to even disagree.

On one side you have the vast majority of well-educated persons in highly developed countries.
On the other side, you have the rural poor, the ultra-religious, and majorities in the Middle East, and Africa.

My opinion? Go enjoy Saudi Arabia. They don't allow abortion and, icing on the cake, they hate ze juice.

Christian opposition to abortion is millenia old.

Here's St. Ambrose:
"The poor get rid of their small children by exposure and denying them when they are discovered. But the rich also, so that their wealth will not be more divided, deny their children [when they are] in the womb and with all the force of parricide, they kill the beings of their wombs [while they are] in the same fruitful womb. In this way life is taken away from them before it has been given."

Christian opposition to abortion is millenia old.

Here's St. Ambrose:
"The poor get rid of their small children by exposure and denying them when they are discovered. But the rich also, so that their wealth will not be more divided, deny their children [when they are] in the womb and with all the force of parricide, they kill the beings of their wombs [while they are] in the same fruitful womb. In this way life is taken away from them before it has been given."
Is the issue of abortion directly addressed in the Bible, Koran or the Torah?

This quote doesn't mention abortion.
There is no explicit prohibition against abortion in the Bible. But there are several key passages where the Bible makes clear that a child in the womb is a living human being known and valued by God. The idea that a fetus is something less than a human being is a non-Christian understanding of the issue.

There is no explicit prohibition against abortion in the Bible. But there are several key passages where the Bible makes clear that a child in the womb is a living human being known and valued by God. The idea that a fetus is something less than a human being is a non-Christian understanding of the issue.
If the practice of abortion was so abhorrent why wasn't it directly addressed considering the writers of the Bible were well aware of the practice?

Romans 1

lol but you support Trump.....

Correct me if I am wrong but abortion banned by the Torah, Bible or Koran and while it's wasn't as common as it is today the men who wrote the holy texts were well aware of the practice. If there was a place to speak out on abortion it would have been in those holy texts.

True. Not to mention abortion is allowed for medical or life saving reasons. some cases for rape some legal autjoeities allow.

The modern christian irrational view held by some tjat it shouod be banned for every reason is quite new and stupid.

But yes it is weird to claim being largely against abortion is unchristian.

If the practice of abortion was so abhorrent why wasn't it directly addressed considering the writers of the Bible were well aware of the practice?
If the Bible addressed every practice, it would be a much longer book than it already is. It does give a strong condemnation of infanticide and established the principle that fetuses are human beings. Pretty easy reasoning from there.

As a Christian I think a better question would be, what is the Christian argument for abortion? I've never heard one from a Christian. Meanwhile, Christian opposition to abortion is about as old as the religion itself.

i’m sure it’s also Christian to get a rapist off the hook and laugh about it

Back