Chelsea Manning running for Senate in Maryland...

images
<Gordonhat>

High horse Republicans should dismount already. She won't get 15% of the vote in the Primary. Roy Moore got 48% in a GE and Joe Arpaio will probably win his primary as well.

Her being trans isn't the issue here, it's her felony conviction for leaking secret documents to wikileaks is the issue. I'd never vote for her in primary or general.

Speaking as someone from Maryland, fuck that.
Fuck that traitorous waste of skin.

This is what happens when a movie star is elected president. Same thing for a game show host president.

God bless the USA and its antiquated electoral college, gerrymandering, and Nazi voter intimidation. But for those features, a republican presidential candidate has not won a presidential election since the first Bush presidency.

I mean Trump got his ass handed to him by over 3 million votes. But here we are.

As for the ugly broad, who cares?

Couldn't you make the same argument for the right? Or maybe even say the right started the fringe candidate stuff.
Roy Moore comes to mind here. Even without the Pedo stuff.

I mean I get it. The dude isn't really a woman and that is a scientific fact.
But if I sample GOP candidates in certain states how many of belief the earth is only 6000 years old?
Or that guy who thought women can't get pregnant from rape. The American right is not exactly on the side of scientific facts unless it comes to the trannys.
I don't have a problem with people having beliefs that aren't scientific (like religion or even gender disphoria) UNTIL they try to use the law to force others to agree.

Even though I am pro-gay-rights, I see a difference between the religious right saying "Don't force me to cater gay wedding" and the social justice left saying "you MUST do X, Y, and Z under penalty of law" whether X Y and Z involve using preferred pronouns or catering their wedding, or whatever.

Will challenge Dem Sen Ben Cardin in a primary.

What a shit show. I'd much rather her run third party even. She won't get 20% against Cardin in the primary, but will be a damn mock/attack point until then.

her? she?

its a fucking man bro.

Lol at all the people so butthurt by this. Good for her for trying to shake things up. She wont win obviously, but hopefully she opens some eyes along the way
Opens some eyes to what? That a convicted traitor can become a lawmaker if he thinks he's a girl?

Will challenge Dem Sen Ben Cardin in a primary.

What a shit show. I'd much rather her run third party even. She won't get 20% against Cardin in the primary, but will be a damn mock/attack point until then.

Obviously I would consider it horrible and despicable if he got elected.

But what would concern me even more (dead serious) is the possibility of him become a target for u-no-wut by some honor-bound wing-nut. God I hope he is not elected.

I don't have a problem with people having beliefs that aren't scientific (like religion or even gender disphoria) UNTIL they try to use the law to force others to agree.

Even though I am pro-gay-rights, I see a difference between the religious right saying "Don't force me to cater gay wedding" and the social justice left saying "you MUST do X, Y, and Z under penalty of law" whether X Y and Z involve using preferred pronouns or catering their wedding, or whatever.

Well, there is a difference because you have taken two unequal examples.
Closing down women health clinics so because you are against abortion destroys a lot more lives than a person changing the sex on their driving license.

See the exampled don't really match.

Well, there is a difference because you have taken two unequal examples.
Closing down women health clinics so because you are against abortion destroys a lot more lives than a person changing the sex on their driving license.

See the exampled don't really match.
1) Murdering babies is worse than shutting down women's health clinics.

2) Way to undersell the actual issues some people have with transgenderism. How about the problem of selling people (children as young as 6...or younger?) extreme, irreversible "treatment" that does absolutely nothing to stem the 40% suicide attempt rate for sufferers of gender disphoria. Or how about the new laws in Canada where using a pronoun of a person's biological sex (as opposed to their chosen gender) is considered a human rights violation?

This is what happens when a movie star is elected president. Same thing for a game show host president.

God bless the USA and its antiquated electoral college, gerrymandering, and Nazi voter intimidation. But for those features, a republican presidential candidate has not won a presidential election since the first Bush presidency.

I mean Trump got his ass handed to him by over 3 million votes. But here we are.

As for the ugly broad, who cares?

You do realize this would have happened even without Trump, right?

1) Murdering babies is worse than shutting down women's health clinics.

2) Way to undersell the actual issues some people have with transgenderism. How about the problem of selling people (children as young as 6...or younger?) extreme, irreversible "treatment" that does absolutely nothing to stem the 40% suicide attempt rate for sufferers of gender disphoria. Or how about the new laws in Canada where using a pronoun of a person's biological sex (as opposed to their chosen gender) is considered a human rights violation?

That was my point you were underselling the actual issue with religion. You took a serious issue with transgender. The fact that they want to force you to use the certain "pronouns".
And compare that to a very very minor thing religious people do. Not wanting to bake a wedding cake.

When in fact religion does so much worse things. You did not compare equal thing. But tried to make trannies look back and religion look like the worse they do is not baking cakes.

^ Pretty sure trannies do a great job of making themselves look bad even in comparison to the church.

Liberals talk about how sad it is people voted for Trump, but they'll have no problem voting for a traitor.

I wonder when he'll admit that he was born in Kenya and is a secret Muslim.

Actually, I don't wonder that, only incredibly stupid and DISHONEST! people do.

Wat?

I was thinking about whether democrats at the top levels of the party think that Manning running for office on their party's ticket is a good or a bad thing for them. I doubt we'll ever get a honest answer on that one though.

Back