Chest vs Dips question

shanegotu11

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Hey you guys I got a question.

I can do double the weights on a dip machine that I can on a weight machine for the chest.

Is this normal and what is the difference?

Last edited:
When I'm doing dips on a weight machine I can do double the amount that I can on a machine that is for the chest.

I'm asking is that the normal for people or is out different?

How much weight can you do on dip machine?

They are machines. Most likely the weights don't mean that much in relation to each other. It also matters what angle you are doing the dips at. The angle determines if you are targeting triceps mainly or more of the chest.

Do some weighted dips and decline press (not on machines) and see what the difference in total weight is. Otherwise don't worry what the weight of the machine says you are doing, just that you are working hard and increasing the weight over time

Last edited:
I don’t understand the question.. honestly dude you should buy a weight belt and do real weighted dips.

When I'm doing dips on a weight machine I can do double the amount that I can on a machine that is for the chest.

I'm asking is that the normal for people or is out different?
gcE2dHF.png

isn't the objective with dip machines to progress by using less and less weight, until you are doing them unaided.

gcE2dHF.png

isn't the objective with dip machines to progress by using less and less weight, until you are doing them unaided.

You're talking about the assisted dip/pull-up station, but I think he means the machine where you sit down and it has handles on the side that you press down.

You're talking about the assisted dip/pull-up station, but I think he means the machine where you sit down and it has handles on the side that you press down.
shit, I haven't seen or heard of those for about 15 years.<45>

It all depends on weights, but I think it could be possible.

Back