Chicago police under fire after 'bait truck' used to lure thieves

spamking

The world is your Indian taco
Platinum Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think about this? Do you support this method for catching thieves? Seems like it was intended to catch them in one particular area of town, but was placed in a lower income, predominantly black neighborhood.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-45142145

Video posted on social media last week showed residents confronting police officers about a white unmarked truck.

Activists say it was filled with designer shoes and left partially open to entrap groups of young people.

But the police say the truck was used to target thieves who had been breaking into freight containers at a rail yard.

"At the end of the day, just because it's out there and it's not yours, that doesn't mean you're supposed to take it," police Superintendent Eddie Johnson said at a news conference on Thursday.

Would very likely be looking to steal anyway so it just speeds the process up, in a way like drug stings

Don't care, if you can't help yourself from stealing then i have no sympathy for you.

I seems like a great way to catch thieves. Especially if they see an opportunity to steal some Jordan's or Lebron's.

They could have avoided it by not being thieves.

Activists say it was filled with designer shoes and left partially open to entrap groups of young people.
I don't know what the definition of entrapment is, but I suspect this is not it. Entrapment is when an undercover cop invites you to break into the truck. Simply leaving the truck there is a different story.

They worked very well in Vancouver. I had my car broken into 2 times in 6 months there back in 05. Around 2000 Vancouver was like the 3rd worst city in North America for auto theft. Then they brought in the bait car....

"I was a member of this police department at the time and I remember the excitement surrounding the unleashing of this new weapon on auto crime — and what an effective weapon it has turned out to be," Heed said.

"Auto theft is down — way down. In the Lower Mainland, it has dropped 59 per cent. Province-wide, auto theft has decreased by 52 per cent."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.819044

I guess it was the capital ......

"It's a significant improvement for a province that once had the dubious distinction of being the car theft capital of North America. There were 1,700 car thefts for every 100,000 people in Surrey, B.C., in 2001. The bait car program was launched in 2002."

I remember hearing arguments from silver ponytail sociologists about how bait cars were unethical entrapment and trying to stop it lol.

I hate theives. Aint nothing like having shit you worked hard for stolen from you. As far as this sting catching theives? Oh well. Ypu should have integrity.

That being said.

The theives aint the fucking problem.

Its the mfers that shooting women and children and slanging heroin.

But nah... Lets fuck with an issue that has pretty much solved itself and then play like we are making an effort to help that particular community.

So these mother fuckers can sit and watch a supply truck, but cant sit and watch trap houses full of 15 Ninja's?

This is how you know the gangs and cops are working in Tandem.

I have no problem with this. Crime doesn't pay.

Waste of resources and time but fuck those assholes anyway

What is the counter argument outside of wasting tax dollars? Black people cant help but steal? Wtf?

Waste of resources and time but fuck those assholes anyway

What is the counter argument outside of wasting tax dollars? Black people cant help but steal? Wtf?
Catching thieves is a waste of resources and time?

It stupid and just a way for the Incarceration Industry to ramp up future profits.

A lesser tactic that is more likely to impact people on this forum is when cops set up speed traps by dropping speeds at the bottom of a hill or in certain zones trying to grab people who were slowing down naturally anyway but to grab them before they do. The goal is not to nail 'speeders' who are a danger and prevent future speeding as that is not necessarily these people who might otherwise not speed except under these circumstances.

They are trying to create criminals by enticing and teasing someone into stealing by waving the availability and the 'everyone will get it but you if you do not act' tease in their faces to grab that group of people who otherwise might never go out of their way to steal anything but might take advantage.

Great for the Prisons Industry but bad for society over all.

Renting a truck and filling it with Jordan's doesn't seem that expensive to me, especially if it's used to catch thieves.
Since t worked so wel does this make them..... wait for it.....master baiters?

Catching thieves is a waste of resources and time?
I'm not sure what people expect police to do anymore. Can't be rough on a fighting suspect, call a therapist and a dispute arbitrator.
Can't fight with a kid who attacks you in your car. Can't use bait cars to punish thieves.

Tie my hands and then complain about how I can't juggle.

Bait vehicles or so old, they have a TV show about them.

You obviously put this in a location where vehicles are being broken into.
you don't pick out random area and cross your fingers and hope someone breaks into it.
You fully expect someone to break in. Thats why its there. Hopefully next time, people look at each other and ask themselves if this is a setup.

Last edited:
I hate theives. Aint nothing like having shit you worked hard for stolen from you. As far as this sting catching theives? Oh well. Ypu should have integrity.

That being said.

But nah... Lets fuck with an issue that has pretty much solved itself and then play like we are making an effort to help that particular community.

So these mother fuckers can sit and watch a supply truck, but cant sit and watch trap houses full of 15 Ninja's?

But, what if the thieves are the ones killing women and children and selling heroin?

That being said.

First part of your post, right on!
Second part, we do have teams that sit outside trap houses. We have specific teams though that specialize in certain criminal activities so it doesn’t surprise me when a bunch of officers assigned to robbery cars are working this assignment. I agree we should put more resources into solving and preventing violent crime. However, did you know they’re cancelling days off and extending hours for officers in the most violent districts? Of course you didn’t cause you don’t know a thing about Chicago or CPD. Your last statement about Cops and gangs working in tandem... Lol what a fucking joke. Apparently I didn’t get that email, maybe I should go talk to Human Resources at headquarters and get some additional information.

Back