Child abuse or good, solid parenting?

If a boy wants to a wear a dress, I think letting that wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world. Most I feel would grow out of it (so long as it wasn’t pushed by a parent).

I draw a very, very hard line at taking any hormones or drugs before a child is 18 and fully understands the repercussions of their actions
Nah, teach your kids to fit in until they're old enough to make an intelligent, informed decision by themselves.

reading through this thread, you get why a lot of gay and trans kids just kill themselves rather than trying to tell their parents.

When I was a little kid I wanted to be a dog. Thankfully my parents didn't put a leash on me and get me fur transplant surgery.

The whole "trans kid" phenomenon is absolutely a form of child abuse. Gaslighting and mind-fucking a gender-nonconforming child into thinking that they were "born in the wrong body" is absolutely sick. The tragedy is that so many kids who would grow up to be gay or lesbian adults will be put on a course from childhood that so often leads to surgery and sterilization.

Eventually this sad chapter in our history will be filed with other harmful medical/psychiatric fads like lobotomies, multiple personality disorder, recovered memories or the daycare ritual abuse panic of the 80s. I fear this may end up causing much more damage though because of the powerful lobby that's pushing it.

Progressive youtube at it again.

Brace yourselves...

lol 23k dislikes

This is one of the issues I try to avoid with my liberal tech friends. No one has a firm enough vision of self at that point to make lifelong decisions about gender identity. If a kid honestly finds these notions and identifies with them, I think it's a little different, but I feel too often parents don't merely accept but affirm and encourage. Classic "my child is special" syndrome. No medical procedures or hormonal doses should touch a child until they are well into their teens.

DMYeERgWsAA6-FZ.jpg

Solid indoctrination.

The whole "trans kid" phenomenon is absolutely a form of child abuse. Gaslighting and mind-fucking a gender-nonconforming child into thinking that they were "born in the wrong body" is absolutely sick. The tragedy is that so many kids who would grow up to be gay or lesbian adults will be put on a course from childhood that so often leads to surgery and sterilization.

Eventually this sad chapter in our history will be filed with other harmful medical/psychiatric fads like lobotomies, multiple personality disorder, recovered memories or the daycare ritual abuse panic of the 80s. I fear this may end up causing much more damage though because of the powerful lobby that's pushing it.

You nailed it with lobotomies.

Those in support will end up being on the wrong side of history. It's a shame they cannot see it.

When I was a little kid I wanted to be a dog. Thankfully my parents didn't put a leash on me and get me fur transplant surgery.

I jumped off the deck hoping it would force me to fly like Goku when I was 7

Was after the episode when Gohan taught Videl to control her power. Didn’t work for me. Somehow didn’t break anything

DMYeERgWsAA6-FZ.jpg

Solid indoctrination.

You nailed it with lobotomies.

Those in support will end up being on the wrong side of history. It's a shame they cannot see it.
Whats with the one old dude watching the tranny tell stories?

a) I thought this was going to be a thread about corporal punishment.

b) That kid is dressed like a slut, why are they making slut clothing for kids?

c) Toddles used to be dressed as girls up until the XX century all around the western world.

Breeched-Unbreeched-Boys-as-Girls-President-Franklin-D.-Roosevelt.jpg

d) definitively abuse.

You put boys in boy clothes and girls in girl clothes. Around middle school, despite your best efforts, they start to do some things beyond your control, but not completely. After 16, they are in charge of their bodies.

There wasn't a single cross dressing boy in my graduating class of 1000. Maybe 10 out of the closet gay kids, one of whom was my friend. You think there isn't an effort by powerful entities to see how much they can change society?

good, loving parents understand their children's feelings and allow them to express themselves in whatever way they feel.

Really?
I am hoping that you simply haven't really considered what you're saying here, and that if you actually have kids of your own, you'll be ready and willing to take some parental responsibility.

Let kids play and dress how they want to dress.

This sentence from your op pretty much is a good rule to go on

good, loving parents understand their children's feelings and allow them to express themselves in whatever way they feel.

No, BS. Good parents prepare their kids for life.

Go around expressing your feelings as an adult and see how quickly you end up in jail, or getting your face stitched up.

I keep seeing more and more stories about kids who think they were born with the wrong body parts and the stories seem to indicate that good, loving parents understand their children's feelings and allow them to express themselves in whatever way they feel. Some parents have even allowed their kids to take drugs and even have surgeries in what we are told is an attempt to allow their children to fulfill their dreams.

Maybe these commentators are right, but with children so young, how can we really know? I saw this pic of this little boy and it really made me wonder:

LIB%2BBOY%252811%2529.jpg

Where is the war room on this one?

The idea that a kid at that age has decided on his own he wants to wear dresses, and is a girl, is absolutely absurd.

I remember being 7 years old. I remember struggling to grasp the idea that cartoons aren't real.

That is who parents are listening to?

A person that can't tell the difference between a cartoon and reality.

Really?

This is one of the issues I try to avoid with my liberal tech friends. No one has a firm enough vision of self at that point to make lifelong decisions about gender identity. If a kid honestly finds these notions and identifies with them, I think it's a little different, but I feel too often parents don't merely accept but affirm and encourage. Classic "my child is special" syndrome. No medical procedures or hormonal doses should touch a child until they are well into their teens.

Most kids have a firm gender identity by age 3.

Back