Child abuse or good, solid parenting?

This is sickening. I can get over any social or political agendas, but leave kids alone. Anyone pushing this should be executed.
Start here, they are in our schools and this is insane:

• This school year, colleges and universities across the country will be offering courses on "queering" children, the Bible, and theology in general.

• Pomona College, for instance, will offer a course arguing that "the figure of the Child" is used to "justify continued cultural investment in reproductive heteronormativity and productive ablebodiedness."

• Courses on "queer theologies," meanwhile, will be taught at Harvard Divinity School, Swarthmore College, the University of San Francisco, Eugene Lang College, and the University of Pennsylvania.

Kids forever have been confused at times, but they grow out of it

My favorite meme is the one, Not old enough to choose bedtime, but old enough to choose gender

It is twisted and I am confused. When I was in school, there was a huge push to teach us that the genders (all 2 of them) were equal.

Are they equal or not? Why the push for trannys? If it doesn't matter, it doesn't matter. If a dude can be gay and also be equal to straight dudes and bi dudes, who are also all equal to straight women and bi women, etc. - then it shouldn't matter. Why the big fight to change someone's sex?

I have said it many times, those who are born as true 'tweeners- i.e. hermaphrodites - they should be allowed to choose. Everyone else can shut the fuck up and live with what God gave you.

These parents are assholes and a disgrace. Children that young shouldn't be dictating nor deciding anything. It is the parents job to mould them into proper human beings. Encouraging freakshow behaviour from an early age is detrimental.

Science has proven that the brain continues to grow into your mid 20s...We dont allow you to drive, vote, drink until your brain is ready to actually handle it.

Yet leftists think its a good idea to let a CHILD make such decisions.

<DisgustingHHH>

That picture is horrendous.
There was another picture around of Charlize Theron's adopted boy wearing a pink dress or something.
A child doesn't know what the fuck he/she wants, or is. And paretns shouldn't be backing a child's wants because there is no way to tell if it is truly how they feel, or if it's a phase. Encouraging them to act out can normalize behavior that may not be actually what they feel.

If you really want the kid to be able to grow into whatever they want, then dress them neutral. Don't dress up boys in dresses and halter tops and skirts. Put them in some gender neutral clothing and colors. As they grow up and mature they can decide what it is they are
Case in point...

I wanted to be a fire truck when I grew up when I was like 6...

I'm open to having my mind changed about this, but I feel like the whole thing is quite a bit overblown because it's such an easy target for near-universal outrage.

Personally, as a non-parent, I think you should let your child go their own way where possible with prompts and guidance here and there. Using a child as a vehicle for political expression is obviously wrong, but if a young boy wants to wear a dress or be a female character or something for Halloween I don't see a necessary issue. It doesn't mean he's "choosing his gender" with any kind of permeance - that's kind of the point.

Most kids will naturally be moulded into conventional roles as they age and are receptive to subtle judgements from others. If you have a kid who is eager to upset those conventions chances are they would have found some outlet for that anyway.

Also for the record I think that teaching your kid that the world is an oppressive place out to crush his/her inherently virtuous soul and approving of any hormone treatment almost ever is also wrong.

There are a lot of issues in this topic.

Post-op transgender people have a high suicide rate, needs more research. I don't think children should be allowed to go through with it. I feel doctors and parents that allow kids to have sex reassignment surgery are very irresponsible.

Parents not dealing with their children's emotional needs and letting the child do anything they want.

The stigma a lot of transgender people face in our society that lead to other mental health issues.

Our society doesn't support people with mental health issues very well.

You think that little boy asked for those clothes? Kids at that age typically wear whatever mom aND dad buy for them

I remember the days when we understood people are inevitably shaped by their environment, and that we ought to therefore teach them how to be successful, well protected, and fit for that environment.

Not to worry about whether they are comfortable with their gender, or for that matter, obsess over race and class. Being taught that one could do something positive, real, and meaningful about these things is better than teaching them nothing real about life, and then asking them to endlessly look inward to find the self without any basis to build it on.

We have gone so far, that we could have the comfort and privilege to fall so low.

Back