Children who’ve just been separated from their parents at the border

eb1.png

This thread to a tee

Yup...

I will comment on how effective a child in distress will boost a classic "media bump". The people wasting time and emotion on this story will be doing the same thing on the next "bump" a month from now.

As awful as this is to watch, from a psychological standpoint it's fucking fascinating.

Yup...

I will comment on how effective a child in distress will boost a classic "media bump". The people wasting time and emotion on this story will be doing the same thing on the next "bump" a month from now.

As awful as this is to watch, from a psychological standpoint it's fucking fascinating.

I wonder how long she spent rehearsing that? It's sad and depressing how brainwashed and easily manipulated people are.

Think of this. How many kids have been raped and murdered at detention centers? Now how many kids have been raped and murdered due to the rampant people smuggling and child sex trafficking that is going on at border? But which do liberals and the left get more upset about?

How many more kids will be raped and murdered because of easing up on immigration controls and processes like these people want?

The idea that they care about these kids is laughable.

Last edited:
Oh, so you're just like everyone else.

Deep breath. No one wants to put kids in cages. No one wants to put kids in cages. No one wants to put kids in cages.

Did I mention? No one wants to put kids in cages.

Every month, thousands of parents are forcing their children to cross the southern border illegally into the US. This is incredibly dangerous to the health of the kids.

Many are caught by CBP. What should happen to those who are caught? The Trump administration wants to quickly process the parents through immigration court, then repatriate the kids+adults back to their home country.

What's your solution?
Not to seperate kids from parents. Not to have them with a bunch of prison guards who most dont speak the language who are instructed not to hug or cuddle the distressed children. They dont get visits with their parents. They dont get a lawyer or social worker advocate. Thats my solution for a start. Are you denying that these children arent being detained in pretty fucked up conditions? Cause if you are , youre playing a left right game that I wont play bud .But since you feel like trump is doing ALL he can to alleviate the childrens suffering and blaming the democrats, I can see the game you are playing. Not a cage? Is that like saying that dead civilians arent dead civilians, but collateral damage? Yeah youre right changing the name of a cage does change the reality and makes it more palapatble I guess.
Look, I already said that I dont have a solution to any immigration problem. Maybe take away incentives to wanna come here? Take away Government aid to illegal crossers. Go after businesses hard that hire illegals instead of wink wink , nod nod approach. Stronger border(no wall in my opinion.) I know they are coming in droves. And? That doesnt mean the parents have to be seperated from the kids. Ill say it again. THAT DOESNT MEAN THE PARENTS HAVE TO BE SEPERATED FROM KIDS. Deep breath, did I mention that kids dont have to be seperated from their parents? Nothing in writing from democrats to make that law bud. And I get that the parents put those kids in dangerous situations, so that means we should seperate them and cause more stress for the kids? Really?..Im all for shippng em back, together AND keeping them together while they are in stasis here till they are deported. ..And you say nobody WANTS to put kids in cages, but man, its already happening. Nobody cares about the "good intentions" of politicians while you are the one who is suffering thru it. Does them no good till its resovled. Its a bad bad look for usa and for a republican controlled majority govt now go blame the left, speaks of cronyism and blatant lies. Im a moderate. Not a liberal or conservative. I agree with things and disagree wiht things on both sides. And I dont agree with trump admin on this. You obviously do and we can agree ot disagree because no spin on this , will change my mind bud, just as i wont change yours. Ironically we prob agree more than we disagree.

Last edited:
I think it's cruel that Mexicans are willing to risk being separated from their children for their own greedy desire to be here.

Would you like to offer alternatives to whats going on at the border? It seems like everyone is outraged but how come no one has an answer when I ask for alternatives?

Not to seperate kids from parents. Not to have them with a bunch of prison guards who most dont speak the language who are instructed not to hug or cuddle the distressed children. They dont get visits with their parents. They dont get a lawyer or social worker advocate. Thats my solution for a start. Are you denying that these children arent being detained in pretty fucked up conditions? Cause if you are , youre playing a left right game that I wont play bud .But since you feel like trump is doing ALL he can to alleviate the childrens suffering and blaming the democrats, I can see the game you are playing. Not a cage? Is that like saying that dead civilians arent dead civilians, but collateral damage? Yeah youre right changing the name of a cage does change the reality and makes it more palapatble I guess. Look, I already said that I dont have a solution to any immigration problem. Maybe take away incentives to wanna come here? Take away Government aid to illegal crossers. Go after businesses hard that hire illegals instead of wink wink , nod nod approach. Stronger border(no wall in my opinion.) I know they are coming in droves. And? That doesnt mean the parents have to be seperated from the kids. Ill say it again. THAT DOESNT MEAN THE PARENTS HAVE TO BE SEPERATED FROM KIDS. Deep breath, did I mention that kids dont have to be seperated from their parents? Nothing in writing from democrats to make that law bud. And I get that the parents put those kids in dangerous situations, so that means we should seperate them and cause more stress for the kids? Really? And you say nobody WANTS to put kids in cages, but man, its already happening. Nobody cares about the "good intentions" of politicians while you are the one who is suffering thru it. Does them no good till its resovled. Its a bad bad look for usa and for a republican controlled majority govt now go blame the left, speaks of cronyism and blatant lies. Im a moderate. Not a liberal or conservative. I agree with things and disagree wiht things on both sides. And I dont agree with trump admin on this. You obviously do and we can agree ot disagree because no spin on this , will change my mind bud, just as i wont change yours. Ironically we prob agree more than we disagree.

You seem like a good guy and I don't want to be a dick to you. I do think you're missing two key points:

1) This separation is nothing new. It happened under President Obama. It happened under President George W. Bush. Check the photos online of Obama-era detention facilities for kids. Anytime a parent is prosecuted for improper entry or illegal re-entry, the kids are sent to a detention facility. That's the system we have. You say it's "not a good look for the US", but was it a good look in 2014? The difference is the media hates Trump and is twisting every story in an anti-Trump direction.

In terms of caring for the kids while their parents are being prosecuted---more funding for better detention facilities would do the trick. But that would require Congress to approve the funds.

2) Trump is not the king. He can't change the immigration system without Congress.

I also don't know from where you're getting the idea that Trump wants to separate kids from their parents. He says he doesn't want to. You might respond: I know from his actions! But then, Obama did the same thing. It's the system we have. I think it's important for us to be constructive rather than destructive. If there are problems with the current system, let's discuss them and push for those fixes to be implemented.

Even if we build the wall and go after employers hard, some people will make it across with kids. What should happen then? In my ideal world, the parents would get a court date within three days of being apprehended, receive their sanction, then be sent to DHS to be repatriated to their home countries. Meanwhile, the kids would stay in grade-A facilities until their parents are processed. That's the humane way to do it. Trump and Sessions have already taken a big step in that direction by sending more prosecutors and judges to the immigration courts, but the real fix must come from Congress.

By the way, I never claimed the holding facility was "not a cage", so I don't know where you are getting that from.

Last edited:
I think it's cruel that Mexicans are willing to risk being separated from their children for their own greedy desire to be here.
It's mostly Central Americans, like 95% if I recall correctly.

You keep saying that. I quoted you on that earlier today, but work got too busy to carry on. Here's a link:

http://www.businessinsider.com/border-crossings-arrests-trump-historic-low-data-charts-2018-4

According to the numbers quoted in that article, numbers are at an historic low. I'm open to be proven wrong, so where are the numbers suggesting otherwise?

I'm physically living it.

Schools over filled.
Complete job sectors taken over
Rise in gangs

I dont think you know the shear number.

Entire towns taken over

Yup...

I wish people would wake up to this stuff so we could make logical decisions regarding our country opposed to knee jerk emotional reactions to everything. Maddow is so fake in that vid, I don't get how people sell themselves out like that.

99% of them are not from Mexico. And it's not a greedy desire. It's desperation.

U obviously do? Please share. Your answer is obviously going to be putting kids alone in cages away from family. Guess all those kids in cages couldnt prove they had parents and vice versa. Stupid kids. Parents should have had IDs for kids too. Fuck em right? Do tell your solution sir. And dont put up a straw man like the previous troll. Im not for illegal immirgration. Im just against putting kids away from their parents in fucking cages. Pretty fucking simple, but Im sure youlll complicate it into some complex, unsolvable equation. U obviously think its the best choice despite world criticism and a good portion of usa(not just left) condeming it. But Murica, right?

Separate them from their parents outside in Texas heat?

I just heard a lady say that 10,000 of the children were sent here by themselves and without their parents. They were sent with strangers to cross the border.
Do I even have to respond to this?

The old "think of the children", angle. I have no issues tossing little pablo back across the border with mom and dad. Would save some money.
I think that is the issue here, no?

How would you feel about kids who weren't taken away from their parents at the border, and then later it was found out that they weren't the parents at all, and instead members of a child smuggling ring posing as parents?

You Liberal bleeding hearts act like this is black and white. It's far more complicated than that. But you know, let's act before thinking. Children are crying after all.
I've seen this brought up a bunch, but I haven't seen any numbers attached to it.

What % of children are arriving at the border with adults who are found out to be trafickers vs. % of children arriving with their parents and being torn away from them?

Unless someone can provide some sort of evidence that a high percentage of these children are victims of childhood trafficing, it seems like an absurd pretext to separate a child from her parents because they might be trafficers.

Once again, I'm willing to change my opinion on this if someone can provide some compelling evidence-- not that it occurs (I have no doubt that it occurs)-- but that it is a case for an appreciably high percentage of detained asylum seekers.

Think of this. How many kids have been raped and murdered at detention centers? Now how many kids have been raped and murdered due to the rampant people smuggling and child sex trafficking that is going on at border? But which do liberals and the left get more upset about?

How many more kids will be raped and murdered because of easing up immigration controls and processes like these people want?

The idea that they care about these kids is laughable.
Same as above: unless you can provide some sort of numerical evidence, this is just an argument that can be used to justify any action.

"You don't like ____________, well then you must want child rape!"

If we dropped several dozen thermonuclear bombs on Central and South America, we'd probably eliminate some child sex trafficers... it doesn't mean the "cure" fits the "disease," though.

Yea I find it hard to think that is the actual reason. I haven't looked too much into it though. I'm thinking it's probably human trafficking related and I do believe Trump was slamming dems for it... Read into that what you will.
That the sky is still blue?

Last edited:
dubs

Last edited:
Not to seperate kids from parents. Not to have them with a bunch of prison guards who most dont speak the language who are instructed not to hug or cuddle the distressed children. They dont get visits with their parents. They dont get a lawyer or social worker advocate. Thats my solution for a start. Are you denying that these children arent being detained in pretty fucked up conditions? Cause if you are , youre playing a left right game that I wont play bud .But since you feel like trump is doing ALL he can to alleviate the childrens suffering and blaming the democrats, I can see the game you are playing. Not a cage? Is that like saying that dead civilians arent dead civilians, but collateral damage? Yeah youre right changing the name of a cage does change the reality and makes it more palapatble I guess.
Look, I already said that I dont have a solution to any immigration problem. Maybe take away incentives to wanna come here? Take away Government aid to illegal crossers. Go after businesses hard that hire illegals instead of wink wink , nod nod approach. Stronger border(no wall in my opinion.) I know they are coming in droves. And? That doesnt mean the parents have to be seperated from the kids. Ill say it again. THAT DOESNT MEAN THE PARENTS HAVE TO BE SEPERATED FROM KIDS. Deep breath, did I mention that kids dont have to be seperated from their parents? Nothing in writing from democrats to make that law bud. And I get that the parents put those kids in dangerous situations, so that means we should seperate them and cause more stress for the kids? Really?..Im all for shippng em back, together AND keeping them together while they are in stasis here till they are deported. ..And you say nobody WANTS to put kids in cages, but man, its already happening. Nobody cares about the "good intentions" of politicians while you are the one who is suffering thru it. Does them no good till its resovled. Its a bad bad look for usa and for a republican controlled majority govt now go blame the left, speaks of cronyism and blatant lies. Im a moderate. Not a liberal or conservative. I agree with things and disagree wiht things on both sides. And I dont agree with trump admin on this. You obviously do and we can agree ot disagree because no spin on this , will change my mind bud, just as i wont change yours. Ironically we prob agree more than we disagree.
You want to keep them together forever, I say we invest in some international family-togetherness aid...a 2000 mile long one

1529478042630.jpg

There are 2 billion more kids in the world who have it rough. Are there enough tears to go around for them or are we only saving them for events that involve Trump?

Yep . . . do we care about our own homeless and abused kids yet?

George Takei going in. We don't even compare favorably to japanese internment ffs.

http://foreignpolicy.com/2018/06/19...ever-utter-family-separation-children-border/

‘At Least During the Internment …’ Are Words I Thought I’d Never Utter
I was sent to a camp at just 5 years old — but even then, they didn't separate children from families.

Imagine this scene: Tens of thousands of people, mostly families with children, are labeled by the government as a threat to our nation, used as political tools by opportunistic politicians, and caught in a vast gray zone where their civil and human rights are erased by the presumption of universal guilt. Thousands are moved around to makeshift detention centers and sites, where camps are thrown together with more regard to the bottom line than the humanity of the new residents.

That is America today, at our southern border, which asylum-seekers and undocumented migrants alike are seeking to cross. But it is also America in late 1941, in the aftermath of Pearl Harbor, when overnight my community, my family, and I became the enemy because we happened to look like those who had dropped the bombs. And yet, in one core, horrifying way this is worse. At least during the internment of Japanese-Americans, I and other children were not stripped from our parents. We were not pulled screaming from our mothers’ arms. We were not left to change the diapers of younger children by ourselves.

Photos of children in cages and camps today so strongly evoke the wartime past that former First Lady Laura Bush drew a stark parallel in an op-ed in the Washington Post. “These images are eerily reminiscent of the Japanese American internment camps of World War II, now considered to have been one of the most shameful episodes in U.S. history,” Bush wrote. She reminded us that there are dark consequences to such camps for their residents: “This treatment inflicts trauma; interned Japanese have been two times as likely to suffer cardiovascular disease or die prematurely than those who were not interned.”

When a government acts capriciously, especially against a powerless and much-reviled group, it is hard to describe the terror and anxiety. There is nowhere to turn, because the only people with the power to help have trained their guns and dogs upon you. You are without rights, held without charge or trial. The world is upside down, information-less, and indifferent or even hostile to your plight.

And yet, with hideous irony, I can still say, “At least during the internment …”

If you don´t want unfair treatment, don´t enter a country fucking illegaly.

I wouldn´t give 2 shits if they put them in iron maidens.

Just watch the video...what Corey says isnt even that bad, but the bald beta male cucks reaction is effing gold. "HOW ABSULUTELY DARE YOO, SIRE!" as he shakes his little baby arms around.

I wonder why you have yellows.

*looks at OP*

<Meh02>

Back