Children who’ve just been separated from their parents at the border

Trump and his cuckold followers will forever be known in history books as people who abused children, holding then as political hostages.

The sacks of shit that they are.

New Jeff Sessions piece:

Some years ago, it was decided that law enforcement might arrest adults who crossed the border illegally by themselves, but anyone who brought a child with them would not be prosecuted, a form of immunity.

Word got out about this loophole with predictable results. The number of aliens illegally crossing with children between our ports of entry went from 14,000 to 75,000 — a fivefold increase — in just the past four years.

These trends undermine the integrity of our system. That’s why the policy that is causing them must end, too.

Ending this blanket immunity means prosecuting adults for illegal entry whether they have children with them or not. That is what we are doing at the Department of Justice.

But we will not put the children in jail. Instead, the children must be cared for by the Department of Health and Human Services, as the law requires.

And these children are well cared for. In fact, they get better care than a lot of American kids do. They are provided plenty of food, education in their language, health and dental care, and transported to their destination city — all at taxpayer expense.

In total, HHS is spending more than one billion taxpayer dollars a year providing quality care.

Separations are temporary and rare. The vast majority of children in custody came to this country by themselves.

Many unaccompanied children have been abused by smugglers or recruited by criminal gangs such as MS-13. There is nothing humane about encouraging human trafficking — but that is what open borders policies do. Everything the Trump administration is doing is helping put traffickers out of business.

If people have a genuine asylum claim, they can come to a port of entry, make their claim legally, and remain with their children while their case is processed.

We do not want to separate parents from their children. What we want is a safe, lawful system of immigration that would end this question altogether. We want to build a wall to prevent illegal entry. Congress could make that happen quickly — and they should.

Those who want to come to this country can and should apply legally. We have the most generous immigration laws in the world — but they should be enforced. At the Department of Justice, that is what we intend to do, and we ask Congress to be our partners in this effort.

New Jeff Sessions piece:

Some years ago, it was decided that law enforcement might arrest adults who crossed the border illegally by themselves, but anyone who brought a child with them would not be prosecuted, a form of immunity.

Word got out about this loophole with predictable results. The number of aliens illegally crossing with children between our ports of entry went from 14,000 to 75,000 — a fivefold increase — in just the past four years.

These trends undermine the integrity of our system. That’s why the policy that is causing them must end, too.

Ending this blanket immunity means prosecuting adults for illegal entry whether they have children with them or not. That is what we are doing at the Department of Justice.

But we will not put the children in jail. Instead, the children must be cared for by the Department of Health and Human Services, as the law requires.

And these children are well cared for. In fact, they get better care than a lot of American kids do. They are provided plenty of food, education in their language, health and dental care, and transported to their destination city — all at taxpayer expense.

In total, HHS is spending more than one billion taxpayer dollars a year providing quality care.

Separations are temporary and rare. The vast majority of children in custody came to this country by themselves.

Many unaccompanied children have been abused by smugglers or recruited by criminal gangs such as MS-13. There is nothing humane about encouraging human trafficking — but that is what open borders policies do. Everything the Trump administration is doing is helping put traffickers out of business.

If people have a genuine asylum claim, they can come to a port of entry, make their claim legally, and remain with their children while their case is processed.

We do not want to separate parents from their children. What we want is a safe, lawful system of immigration that would end this question altogether. We want to build a wall to prevent illegal entry. Congress could make that happen quickly — and they should.

Those who want to come to this country can and should apply legally. We have the most generous immigration laws in the world — but they should be enforced. At the Department of Justice, that is what we intend to do, and we ask Congress to be our partners in this effort.
Hard to really argue with much of that.

I will leave this here for you guys, for those that speak spanish this can be hard to stand, I cant believe this is being done, I just cant believe it.

Every day Mom's and/or dads get put into jail and separated from kids for breaking the law.

I haven't been following the topic too closely, so excuse my ignorance, but what law is preventing them from being together? From what I've read, the parents are being detained for a misdemeanor.

Sorry for the late reply, and you probably already figured out the answer to your question.

Just in case you didn't, I want to first point you toward this page from 2015, which is the single best description of the issue that I've been able to find. It puts everything into context.

Last edited:
I haven't been following the topic too closely, so excuse my ignorance, but what law is preventing them from being together? From what I've read, the parents are being detained for a misdemeanor.

The link I posted above is excellent and mostly better than the link I'm about to post. However, the following link answers your question more directly. I'll excerpt the relevant portion. Basically, because of the Flores Settlement Agreement of 1997, subsequent rulings, and the TVPRA, the government either has to release the families into the interior of the country within 20 days (as the Obama administration did) or it has to release only the children into the interior with a family member or sponsor and prosecute the parent (Trump "zero tolerance" policy). I think you and I would agree that neither way is satisfactory, although we might differ on which of the two choices is better.

The Republicans are working on legislation to reverse the Flores Settlement Agreement, thereby allowing DHS to detain families as a unit.

Ok, here's the excerpt and link:

In 2014, however, the Obama administration attempted to tamp down the number of Central American families seeking asylum in the US by keeping families in detention and processing and deporting them as quickly as possible.

Immigration advocates challenged the policy of family detention under Flores. And judges agreed with them — in large part because it said the Obama administration was out of bounds in detaining migrant families for the purpose of “deterrence.” (As NBC’s Benjy Sarlin has pointed out, that’s why certain Trump administration officials have been careful not to say that family separation is a deterrent, or even a policy, now.)

Ultimately, the Ninth Circuit ruled that the Flores settlement covered not just unaccompanied alien children but “accompanied” ones as well. It set a general standard that the government couldn’t hold them in custody for more than 20 days.

https://www.vox.com/2018/6/20/17484...ation-flores-settlement-agreement-immigration

Last edited:
Every day Mom's and/or dads get put into jail and separated from kids for breaking the law.

Yup, and the kids usually go to a family member not a cage facility.

The media is really piling on here. I will be impressed if they keep it up through next week too.

...both children and parents can now sue the U.S. government for separation. Plenty of lawyers flying down to the border as we speak. The American dream comes true. :)

Unfortunately... some of us Americans want things to be as painful as possible for any and all foreigners.

Also unfortunately, all of us are going to pay the price for the evil we do.

Why do they have so much hate?

Trump and his cuckold followers will forever be known in history books as people who abused children, holding then as political hostages.

The sacks of shit that they are.

You're insane. "Thanks Obama" x 100. Funny if sarcasm, however.

Back