Children who’ve just been separated from their parents at the border

I'm always honest here and have never felt the need to Lie or misrepresent my position.

I don't give a shit.
I don't care that their families are being separated.

I can walk around my own city and find 500 people within an hour that have just as sad of a story as theirs.

If shitty stuff was happening under Obama that doesn't mean we have to keep doing it now and ramp up the shittiness.

What’s your alternative? You want children housed with adults in detention?

Or is this just more of you and partisan trolling

I dont really know about hiring practices for farms or huge factory bullshit, but it is hard as fuck for your average company, running their average background check, to tell if someone's documentation is legit or not. But I guess when we're talking a handful of employees vs a whole companies worth, that as a different story.
Well in the documentary...these kids were working way too much, not getting paid, and living in literally a shithole.

There is no excuse in this case...anybody with a reasonable iq and paid attention to their company, would know something is fucked up...that they are probably illegal and kids...the company deserved to be severly punished imo.

Now in other situations, for example where they package vegetables or on the fields....people give a fake SSN...everybody working there knows its bullshit....but management/company turns a blind eye and act as if they dont know.

Maybe it cost a lot for proper background checks, but something is super wrong with system we have now imo.

This made the news...I remember the catholic church providing protection to some illegal mother so she could stay with her children....so you're totally full of shit about the news not reporting this...Now did the media blame obama as much as they blame trump, no...so you have a point there.

But the situation right now is much worse.

1. These families got seperated at the border after traveling a shitload.....Imagine a 4 year old kid being seperated after crossing the border....you see your mom/dad taken away...and you have no idea about your future.

Compare this to American kids getting their parents taken away.....American Kid is established here, can choose to go with their parents, in most cases they only lost 1 parent......worst case scenerio, they stay with another American family member if they dont want to leave with their parents.

Huge fucking difference in situation.

Undocumented Kids should stay with undocumented parents/guardians during the deportation process.....thats the bottom line

Post the MAJOR outlets that reported during Obama

U say it’s worse now. Nah. Go look at the 2013 stats

Are u even aware of the average time REAL families are separated?

What’s your alternative? You want children housed with adults in detention?
I've asked this question over and over. Not one answer.

It really pisses me off how the news makes it seem like We, or Trump, is doing this to the illegals. Fuck that shit. Instead of the news headlines reading, "Children being ripped from their families at the US border!"

They should title it:

Illegals break the law, drag their children through dangerous illegal border crossings, knowing they will be deported and their children will suffer!

With that headline, whose fault is it now?

Fucking illegals. They come to this country, use our roads, health care, services, etc. But don't pay taxes because they don't have a SSN. No... no... no.

I can't wait to vote for Trump again.

c6d3ccd1fe588e7338987983407ff7d6.gif

https://apnews.com/amp/dc0c9a5134d14862ba7c7ad9a811160e?__twitter_impression=true

Trump administration officials have been sending babies and other young children forcibly separated from their parents at the U.S.-Mexico border to at least three "tender age" shelters in South Texas, The Associated Press has learned.

Lawyers and medical providers who have visited the Rio Grande Valley shelters described play rooms of crying preschool-age children in crisis. The government also plans to open a fourth shelter to house hundreds of young migrant children in Houston, where city leaders denounced the move Tuesday.

Since the White House announced its zero tolerance policy in early May, more than 2,300 children have been taken from their parents at the U.S.-Mexico border, resulting in a new influx of young children requiring government care. The government has faced withering critiques over images of some of the children in cages inside U.S. Border Patrol processing stations.

Decades after the nation's child welfare system ended the use of orphanages over concerns about the lasting trauma to children, the administration is standing up new institutions to hold Central American toddlers that the government separated from their parents.

"The thought that they are going to be putting such little kids in an institutional setting? I mean it is hard for me to even wrap my mind around it," said Kay Bellor, vice president for programs at Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service, which provides foster care and other child welfare services to migrant children. "Toddlers are being detained."

Man I’ve never seen so much hysteria...what a joke.

When you arrest an illegal for entering the country you can jail them or let them go on bail. If u choose the latter, you will never see them again in which case we might as well just open the floodgates. If we detain them, then obviously the kids can’t sit in jail with them.

I hope trump stays strong here.

https://apnews.com/amp/dc0c9a5134d14862ba7c7ad9a811160e?__twitter_impression=true

Trump administration officials have been sending babies and other young children forcibly separated from their parents at the U.S.-Mexico border to at least three "tender age" shelters in South Texas, The Associated Press has learned.

Lawyers and medical providers who have visited the Rio Grande Valley shelters described play rooms of crying preschool-age children in crisis. The government also plans to open a fourth shelter to house hundreds of young migrant children in Houston, where city leaders denounced the move Tuesday.

Since the White House announced its zero tolerance policy in early May, more than 2,300 children have been taken from their parents at the U.S.-Mexico border, resulting in a new influx of young children requiring government care. The government has faced withering critiques over images of some of the children in cages inside U.S. Border Patrol processing stations.

Decades after the nation's child welfare system ended the use of orphanages over concerns about the lasting trauma to children, the administration is standing up new institutions to hold Central American toddlers that the government separated from their parents.

"The thought that they are going to be putting such little kids in an institutional setting? I mean it is hard for me to even wrap my mind around it," said Kay Bellor, vice president for programs at Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service, which provides foster care and other child welfare services to migrant children. "Toddlers are being detained."

I encourage people to actually read the entire article. Not just what the poster posted from the article

Listen if you want to deport "illigals" from your country do it, and send them back with their children goddamit, why fucking separate them? why? what the f**k is going on?

You agree with the Trump administration. Their stated goal is to repatriate these people. Unfortunately, they are forbidden from doing so under law.

Yesterday, DHS Secretary Nielsen gave a press conference on this matter:

Over the last ten years, there has been a 1700 percent increase in asylum claims, resulting in asylum backlog of 600,000 cases. Since 2013, the United States has admitted more than half a million illegal immigrant minors and family units from Central America, most of whom today are at large in the United States. At the same time, large criminal organizations such as MS-13 have violated our borders and gained a deadly foothold within the United States. This entire crisis, just to be clear, is not new. It is been occurring and expanded over many decades. But currently it is the exclusive product of loopholes in our federal immigration laws that prevent illegal immigrant minors and family members from being detained and removed to their home countries.

In other words, these loopholes create a functionally open border. Apprehension without detention and removal is not border security. We have repeatedly called on Congress to close the loopholes. I myself have met with as many members as have been willing to meet with me, and I testified seven times, and I will continue to make myself available to ask that they work with us to solve this crisis.

Yet the voices most loudly criticizing the enforcement of our current laws are those whose policies created this crisis and whose policies perpetrate it. In particular, we need to reform three major loopholes. Let me quickly walk you through them.

First, we need to amend the 2008 Trafficking Victims Prevention Reauthorization Act, or T.V.P.R., which is much easier to say. This law encourages families to put children in the hands of smugglers to bring them alone on this dangerous trek northward. And make no mistake, we’ve talked about this before: This trek is dangerous and deadly.

Second, we need to reform our asylum laws to end the systemic abuse of our asylum system and stop fraud. Right now, our asylum system fails to assist asylum seekers who legitimately need it. We are a country of compassion and heart. We must fix this system so that those who truly need asylum can, in fact, receive it.

Third, we need to amend the Flores Settlement Agreement and recent expansions which would allow for family detention during the removal process. And we need Congress to fully fund our ability to hold families together through the immigration process. And until these loopholes are closed by Congress, it is not possible as a matter of law to detain and remove whole family units who arrive illegally in the United States. Congress and the courts created this problem and congress alone can fix it.

Could the mods change the thread title to tools get fooled again

I can see how this will go . Blame democrats and Obama though nothing in that policy explicitly states seperation of families. Or “it’s a hoax .” Or “ meh , illegals. Don’t care . Fuck em !” 1, 2,3 here...we...go.
Improper entry is a federal crime. You would prefer that this crime not be prosecuted as long as the alien has a child with him/her?

Says 10000 of the 12000 children separated at the border are with strangers.

You clearly dont get it, this doesnt get to you, children suffering is nothing to you, you are probably happy that this is happening.
If you have a kid and you decide to drive drunk with the kid in the car, the kid will be separated from you. You will be prosecuted. Should we also end that practice?

Says 10000 of the 12000 children separated at the border are with strangers.

Nielsen did an excellent job in that press conference. She is redeeming herself in my eyes.

Man I’ve never seen so much hysteria...what a joke.

When you arrest an illegal for entering the country you can jail them or let them go on bail. If u choose the latter, you will never see them again in which case we might as well just open the floodgates. If we detain them, then obviously the kids can’t sit in jail with them.

I hope trump stays strong here.

Illegal immigration and border apprehension have been trending down.

Definitely time to get more heavy handed on the issue.

https://www.factcheck.org/2018/04/the-stats-on-border-apprehensions/

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/04/27/5-facts-about-illegal-immigration-in-the-u-s/

Back