China is leading the way in making quantum Encryption reality

For the vast majority of human history China has been the most advanced civilization on earth. Where the fuck is Ghegis Khan when you need him.

China is in a sense is unconquerable when the Mongols invaded tmand conquered them the Mongols became Chinese.

They borrowed so much from Chinas culture and civic life.

Nope. The U.S. still comes ahead of China as far as the economy. China comes in second.

"2017 - The U.S. economy remains the largest in the world in terms of nominal GDP. The $19.42 trillion U.S. economy is 25% of the gross world product. The United States is an economic superpower that is highly advanced in terms of technology and infrastructure and has abundant natural resources."
https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-10-18/who-has-the-world-s-no-1-economy-not-the-u-s

China is a split between 1st world and 3rd world depending on what part of China you look at. But going back to the original question. No, the Chinese are not more technologically advanced than the Americans. They have come a long way though.

its not more tech advanced at the moment, but its on track to be just that (currently they have huge investments in semiconductor industry and clean energy industry)
people downplayed japan and south korea in 50/60/70s and now they are tech powerhouses

and China is ahead of US when it comes to quantum research/tech (unless US agencies are keeping quiet on their advances in quantum field)

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/10/chi...-to-transmit-potentially-unhackable-data.html

China has demonstrated a world first by sending data over long distances using satellites which is potentially unhackable, laying the basis for next generation encryption based on so-called "quantum cryptography.

Last August, China launched a quantum satellite into space, a move which was called a "notable advance" by the Pentagon.

Using this satellite, Chinese researchers at the Quantum Experiments at Space Scale (QUESS) project, were able to transmit secret messages from space to Earth at a further distance than ever before.

btw parts of US can be labeled between 1st and 3rd world as well

The Chinese are very 'smart'. They still believe in the 'magical' healing powers of rhino ivory horns and bear bile. Gunpowder was their greatest invention. Nothing much has happened since that. Stealing technology from Americans doesn't make you a technological leader in anything. Same for the Russians. Why re-invent the wheel? Do you really think China has the best scientists in the world? Please. U.S. scientists can do 'circles' around Chinese scientists if called upon. Hacking into quantum encryption has already been proven by U.S. scientists. Post #11 above.
You still have majority of the US population believing in an imaginary god in the sky. As far as stealing technology and being copycats, British accused US of the same thing in the 19th century. US accused Japan and South Korea of the same thing in the 1960's to 1980's. The fact of the matter is that China is closing in very quickly. Unless scientists from US operate on a different set of laws of chemistry and physics, no they can't run rings around their Chinese counterpart. It's about how much resources you devote to R&D, and US has been lagging behind in the past few years.

http://www.pewforum.org/religious-landscape-study/
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-41971380

20170202_STEM.jpg

Nope. The U.S. still comes ahead of China as far as the economy. China comes in second.
That's nominal GDP. If you measure by actual purchasing power, China already surpassed US few years ago.

They're going to genetically engineer themselves into Germans.
<GSPWoah>

Ironically it will be the German ideology Marxism that is going to bring down the Chineses like it did the Russians.
The Chinese communist style system is a blessing and a curse. It enables them to grow fast now.
But that will inadvertently create an educated population that will not put up with communism.
The Chinese farmer that can't read can send one of his kids to university etc.
At some point, the Chinese simply demand the same rights countries in the west have.
It is not a question of if but when the whole house of cards comes crashing down.

Because they don't have the stomach to go all the way. Like the German tried twice.
Well, 3 times now with the EU.

Im 29. Average life expectancy is 79. so about 50 more years in me. What do you think people in 1968 would have to say about my smart phone?
They had phones for many decades, as well as radios. To imagine that you could create a mobile phone is not that difficult in 1968.

You still have majority of the US population believing in an imaginary god in the sky. The fact of the matter is that China is closing in very quickly. Unless scientists from US operate on a different set of laws of chemistry and physics, no they can't run rings around their Chinese counterpart. It's about how much resources you devote to R&D, and US has been lagging behind in the past few years.

Not sure what religion has to do with this argument. What kind of Research and Development? Depending on the area, the U.S. may be leading or lagging behind. If they are lagging behind in a certain area, there is probably a good reason.

Quantity does not equate to quality. Plus, what about resources to work with. Nothing that can be beaten or surpassed by the U.S. if required. Just remember how Americans developed the first Atomic bomb and were the first to put a man on the moon.

Not sure what religion has to do with this argument. What kind of Research and Development? Depending on the area, the U.S. may be leading or lagging behind. If they are lagging behind in a certain area, there is probably a good reason.
People hold superstitious belief all over the world. I think it's quite the arrogant attitude to laugh at some wacky beliefs in China while US population is so heavily influenced by religion. Eating tiger penis for sex enhancement is no more ridiculous than believing in an imaginary god watching over you.

You mean to tell me US is lagging behind in STEM field researches for a good reason? I like to hear it.

Quantity does not equate to quality. Plus, what about resources to work with. Nothing that can be beaten or surpassed by the U.S. if required. Just remember how Americans developed the first Atomic bomb and were the first to put a man on the moon.
Logic dictates that the larger the talent pool, the more exceptional candidates you can pick from that pool. In that regards, quantity matters. Soviet Union was the first to sent a satellite and human into space, and they fell behind not long after. To assume US will always have the technological advantage is pure hubris, considering the Chinese government is much more generous when it comes to giving out research funding on scientific projects.

For the vast majority of human history China has been the most advanced civilization on earth. Where the fuck is Ghegis Khan when you need him.
Yeah because Rome , Greece, and Egypt for so damn un advanced for there era compared to China ..... .. lol. China was very important in world history let's not get crazy.

They had phones for many decades, as well as radios. To imagine that you could create a mobile phone is not that difficult in 1968.

You use your cell primarily as a phone? Thats unusual. I use it to talk to anyone on the planet or access every video and book ever made.

You use your cell primarily as a phone? Thats unusual. I use it to talk to anyone on the planet or access every video and book ever made.

You are still using it at telecommunication device -- it all comes under telephony.

You are still using it at telecommunication device -- it all comes under telephony.

Yeah. And it would be considered absolutely impossible. Businesses didnt think people would ever have a computer in their home. Let alone in their pocket.

Think about the difference between a punch card computer and a smartphone.

Yeah. And it would be considered absolutely impossible. Businesses didnt think people would ever have a computer in their home. Let alone in their pocket.

Think about the difference between a punch card computer and a smartphone.

some heads at IBM did not see the possibility of transistors coming to a point to be portable enough for home usage during vacuum tube days, but many did.

Theory for compressed data mediation and provisioning has been relevant since the 50's -- probably not to the extent scheme is thinking.

I think it's quite the arrogant attitude to laugh at some wacky beliefs in China while US population is so heavily influenced by religion.

Well, I have to disagree with you on the religion vs. medicine issue. Apples and oranges.

To assume US will always have the technological advantage is pure hubris, considering the Chinese government is much more generous when it comes to giving out research funding on scientific projects.

Ok, I just noticed, you are Canadian. That explains some of your views on the U.S. The U.S. will always have the technological advantage. What we don't have at home we will bring from abroad much like the Manhattan project and the space program - Wernher von Braun. We surpassed the Russians after Gagarin and will surpass anyone if the need arises. Only excuse we need for funding is national security. Works every time, even when the threat is not real.

Where the fuck is Ghegis Khan when you need him.
In my nutsack. Literally i believe my ancestral father Mr. Khan raped and impregnated one of my ancestors. My mentality is just like his. Alpha as fuck, can conquer anyone and can fuck like a Tyrannasaurus Rex producing tons of offspring.

Last edited:
I doubt they are that close , when I see it I’ll believe it. It’s only as good as it’s key management anyways

Wow.

Quantum Encryption is a dream that is rapidly coming true (University of Science and Technology China). At this level, it can make data secure and virtually impossible to hack....

Micius uses quantum-entangled photons to effectively “teleport” information. This means SPEED that is almost instantaneous while quantum communications are extremely secure and will beat everything – yes even blockchain....

Last year, Micius beat the quantum entanglement distance record, sending a message over a distance of 746 miles....

http://investmentwatchblog.com/quantum-encryption-even-nsa-cannot-break/
Bet their universities aren't crippled by liberal cronyism, SJWism, and the need to lower academic standards to make the snowflakes feel like they aren't a bunch of retards.

Good Convo @Phr3121 and @Orgasmo. Fair points.

This is actually somewhat old news and a topic I've touched on probably in a thread that was doubtlessly flung into "The Dump" for no legitimate reason whatsoever but that's how Sherdog mods prefer to roll. QKD is very serious tech with some very large potential implications and America should consider doubling down on what it funnels to Los Alamos for R&D. Yeah, that one.

Bet their universities aren't crippled by liberal cronyism, SJWism, and the need to lower academic standards to make the snowflakes feel like they aren't a bunch of retards.

It's growing into a serious problem, but that sort of stuff is utterly non-existent in the molecular sciences dept of my university. Applying 'social justice' rhetoric to mathematics and the natural sciences will never work beyond spasticated critiques from a distance about the composition of the student body and/or work force, who receives awards and such but there's no changing the proofs and objective truths.

The people who study and work in mathematics and science will ultimately be the people who have the interest, skills, and desire to do so. I mean, I guess you technically could enforce some sort of quota system but it's going to be of drastic hindrance at the end of the day sans the former. If you want more diversity in these fields - really kind of irrelevant tbh - then focus on outreach and cultivating interest.

The cold reality is that China has been producing more peer reviewed researches on STEM fields than US in the past several years, and they surpassed Americans in super-computing both quantitatively and qualitatively.

The most recent rolling 12-month Nature Index of HIJ research.

HIJ.png

For the time being, the USA's global dominance in fundamental and applied research is still pretty jaw-dropping but China has already surpassed it where late development spending is concerned which is the stage of systematic use of knowledge that turns discoveries and technological breakthroughs into the manufacturing of products and processes. In a lot of ways, they're basically getting a free ride off US investment.

The public/private system of innovation that has served America so well since World War II has been slowing down and there's a lot of friction these days between academia and private industry, not to mention corporations becoming increasingly risk-averse whereas in the PRC a lot of tech companies are state-owned so there's not a whole lot of concern about R&D spending yielding losses until a product can become commercialized.

EX2.png

Good Convo @Phr3121 and @Orgasmo. Fair points.

This is actually somewhat old news and a topic I've touched on probably in a thread that was doubtlessly flung into "The Dump" for no legitimate reason whatsoever but that's how Sherdog mods prefer to roll. QKD is very serious tech with some very large potential implications and America should consider doubling down on what it funnels to Los Alamos for R&D. Yeah, that one.

It's growing into a serious problem, but that sort of stuff is utterly non-existent in the molecular sciences dept of my university. Applying 'social justice' rhetoric to mathematics and the natural sciences will never work beyond spasticated critiques from a distance about the composition of the student body and/or work force, who receives awards and such but there's no changing the proofs and objective truths.

The people who study and work in mathematics and science will ultimately be the people who have the interest, skills, and desire to do so. I mean, I guess you technically could enforce some sort of quota system but it's going to be of drastic hindrance at the end of the day sans the former. If you want more diversity in these fields - really kind of irrelevant tbh - then focus on outreach and cultivating interest.

The most recent rolling 12-month Nature Index of HIJ research.

HIJ.png

For the time being, the USA's global dominance in fundamental and applied research is still pretty jaw-dropping but China has already surpassed it where late development spending is concerned which is the stage of systematic use of knowledge that turns discoveries and technological breakthroughs into the manufacturing of products and processes. In a lot of ways, they're basically getting a free ride off US investment.

The public/private system of innovation that has served America so well since World War II has been slowing down and there's a lot of friction these days between academia and private industry, not to mention corporations becoming increasingly risk-averse whereas in the PRC a lot of tech companies are state-owned so there's not a whole lot of concern about R&D spending yielding losses until a product can become commercialized.

EX2.png

That paradigm is changing as last year was the first time total US r&d spending increased while federal funding for basic dropped below 50%

Back