China-millions of donkeys bashed to death with sledge hammers

Any country that doesn't have a judeo Christian background will have this everything-goes tendency. Not just animals right but with everything else.

I think the idea that Christian values is in great part responsible for the creation of the concept of human rights and animal rights is absolutely correct.
such as slavery?

As long as the wood is heavy enough, and they crush the skull. A captive bolt piston is aiming to do the same thing.

Yeah, the older guys have it down (being stronger helps as well I'm sure). Watching the inexperienced teens trying to do a slaughter is pretty brutal though. Often one of the men will have to step in to actually kill the pig.
I posted a video from India where they repeatedly fail to even knock the pig out using axes, but took it down for being too graphic.

I heard it has something to do with Mao destroying Chinese culture, morals and values. When you starve 3 generation, they'll be greedy, selfish and have no empathy.
who was before mao?

Yeah, the older guys have it down (being stronger helps as well I'm sure). Watching the inexperienced teens trying to do a slaughter is pretty brutal though. Often one of the men will have to step in to actually kill the pig.
I posted a video from India where they repeatedly fail to even knock the pig out using axes, but took it down for being too graphic.

They should let them have some target practice. Take an object that resembles a pig's head close enough, draw target on it. Hang if from branch to the height of pigs head, swing around a little bit to mimic movement.

I don't think I could express something close to the truth without expending a whole, whole lot of words. The differences in how we view life and what matters in life are vast.

In how we view power, social responsibility, basic human kindness, or ... deja view, I feel like I have posted this before. No sarcasm, feels weird man!

The Mainland of China is also very diverse being a large and storied country, there are all types of people, many bad, many good, many just going by in life... in some ways they get a few rules of life we are trying to forget, but in others, well to say there are problems is being kind in my opinion.

The below is just my feelings, not grounded in as of yet verifiable knowledge:

As for sadism, that is a whole other topic. We all have sadism inside of us, and Chinese, Japanese, and Korean cultures through various stories, ideas, and idioms are easier to be "in touch" with cruelty. Whether we mean state torture or S&M, the human, or perhaps animal reasons these impulses exist are better understood, for better or worse... maybe worse, I'm not sure.

That is my theory anyway from a long, long line of experience, take for what it is worth.
Thanks for the input.

However, PETA says they've released the footage to dissuade consumers and highlight the cruel deaths suffered by some of the estimated 1.8 donkeys killed for their hides each year

This article only says 1.8 donkeys per year.

Like tiger bone wine, China is an excellent example of a cultural and mental partitioning.

Back