China preparing for NK crisis mass exodus (building camps)

mcveteran81

Veteran
Banned
Reaction score
https://www.google.com/amp/www.news...efugee-camps-north-korea-boarder-745256?amp=1

China has started construction on a network of refugee camps along its 880-mile border with North Korea, quietly preparing for the mass exodus of refugees that the collapse of Kim Jong Un’s regime could potentially cause.

Detailed plans for the camps, intended to house thousands of migrants who might flee a crisis on the Korean Peninsula, emerged after internal documents from a state-run telecom giant went viral on the Chinese social media site Weibo on Thursday and were reported by TheFinancial Times on Sunday. The telecom company appeared to be tasked with providing the camps with internet services, and the document stated that camps were planned in three villages in Changbai County and two cities in the northeastern province of Jilin, on the border, on state-owned land.

According to the document, China Mobile was asked to make preparations due to the “tense situation along the North Korea border.” It also gives the exact names and locations of three sites: Changbai riverside, Changbai Shibalidaogou and Changbai Jiguanlizi.

In addition, The New York Times reportedthat centers for refugees were also planned in the cities of Tumen and Hunchun, citing a local businessman, who remained anonymous. The two cities have previously housed several defectors due to their proximity to the North Korean border.

Changbai County, in southern Jilin province, faces Hyesan, North Korea. The North is so close that residents felt the tremors from Kim Jong Un’s most recent underground nuclear test, conducted on September 3, according to Xinhua, China’s national news agency.

Also see links: the guardian
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...dec/12/china-refugee-camps-border-north-korea

New York Times:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.../world/asia/china-north-korea-border.amp.html

Business insider:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.bu...build-camps-for-north-korean-refugees-2017-12

------------------------

Now go back to sleep and argue about American domestic politics.

Interesting. First time I've heard of it.

Smart of them to do

Whoever designed the Newsweek site is giving me AIDS.

Thanks for the link, interesting.

What?¿? They're actually going to accept refugees? I thought they would shoot them down as they try to flee. Wow...Color me Surprised!!

And I also thought they would help NK from falling. Guess this is the end for NK.

What?¿? They're actually going to accept refugees? I thought they would shoot them down as they try to flee. Wow...Color me Surprised!!

And I also thought they would help NK from falling. Guess this is the end for NK.
Honestly I think it's just China trying to keep it's economy rolling. They are literally building 10m+ population cities that are just empty.

When the refugee camps will be better a standard of living then where they came from, you know that you fucked up as a country.

Boom!!!!
China is on board....
This Kim guy is dead.
He better call Dennis Rodman, I think they think he's Obama

Hopefully US make deal with China to overtrow that psycho. Let the Chinese install they own puppet who not a mad man.

China racist bro they believe they are higher race than others and they probably are. Super smart people.. The Koreans very similar genetically. Accept them is not like accepting Arabs or blacks. China would not do that.

Can anyone here really tell difference between Korean and a northern Chinese person? They all look same same

Of course they will accept refugees. The difference being that countries like China actually treat refugees like refugees. That is, they live in camps and are sent back when things cool down. In the west refugees usually become citizens or at least their children do.
North Koreans are also the kind of refugee I'd love to accept. A highly intelligent and lawful people. Unlike, let's say, malians and somalis.

They're preparing for a fresh infusion of slave labor.

f1jt6b.jpg.gif

China racist bro they believe they are higher race than others and they probably are. Super smart people.. The Koreans very similar genetically. Accept them is not like accepting Arabs or blacks. China would not do that.

Can anyone here really tell difference between Korean and a northern Chinese person? They all look same same

I can tell the difference between quite a few. I had exchange students and there definitely are distinctions. It's those smaller southeastern countries that become harder to distinguish by looks.

Preparing for the “possibility” of a regime collapse. Don’t see it happening, psycho regimes can last a long time, look at Cuba.

Whoever designed the Newsweek site is giving me AIDS.

Thanks for the link, interesting.

AIDS is no longer the certain death sentence it once was, so leave your stigmatization & bigotry back in the 80s where it belongs

Interesting. First time I've heard of it.
Same here. Just came out yesterday. Seems a little unsettling tbh.

Considering that the US has also placed a complete travel ban to NK this past October / November, along with what now three carriers? Out in the Asian pacific. Plus we have F-35s, Raptor-22s, and our latest stealth bombers out there.

That's allot of skin to put out there just for a show of force. But what do I know.

Honestly I think it's just China trying to keep it's economy rolling. They are literally building 10m+ population cities that are just empty.
Those cities are really creepy to travel through. Just miles of identical, empty, apartment blocks.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.newsweek.com/china-building-refugee-camps-north-korea-boarder-745256?amp=1

China has started construction on a network of refugee camps along its 880-mile border with North Korea, quietly preparing for the mass exodus of refugees that the collapse of Kim Jong Un’s regime could potentially cause.

Detailed plans for the camps, intended to house thousands of migrants who might flee a crisis on the Korean Peninsula, emerged after internal documents from a state-run telecom giant went viral on the Chinese social media site Weibo on Thursday and were reported by TheFinancial Times on Sunday. The telecom company appeared to be tasked with providing the camps with internet services, and the document stated that camps were planned in three villages in Changbai County and two cities in the northeastern province of Jilin, on the border, on state-owned land.

According to the document, China Mobile was asked to make preparations due to the “tense situation along the North Korea border.” It also gives the exact names and locations of three sites: Changbai riverside, Changbai Shibalidaogou and Changbai Jiguanlizi.

In addition, The New York Times reportedthat centers for refugees were also planned in the cities of Tumen and Hunchun, citing a local businessman, who remained anonymous. The two cities have previously housed several defectors due to their proximity to the North Korean border.

Changbai County, in southern Jilin province, faces Hyesan, North Korea. The North is so close that residents felt the tremors from Kim Jong Un’s most recent underground nuclear test, conducted on September 3, according to Xinhua, China’s national news agency.

Also see links: the guardian
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...dec/12/china-refugee-camps-border-north-korea

New York Times:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.../world/asia/china-north-korea-border.amp.html

Business insider:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.bu...build-camps-for-north-korean-refugees-2017-12

------------------------

Now go back to sleep and argue about American domestic politics.

Holy shit! I've been downplaying the NK thing because I didn't think anyone was stupid enough to actually do something that crazy.

This definitely makes me question that assumption.

I am hoping they are prepping because they think economic conditions will cause the refugees, and not from war.

I really do hope every person understands that war with NK, means 30 million people dead in 24 hours in SK without a nuke being fired, nevermind the crazy casualties on the NK side.

Back