China sends carrier through Taiwan Strait

http://www.businessinsider.com/chin...pressure-trump-signs-taiwan-travel-act-2018-3

I think the Communist Chinese are way over their heads in this issue, Trump will call their bluff the Chinese have the momentum on their side but this is stupid if they really think they can threaten the USA its premature so to speak any stupid move by them right will just put that momentum to a halt they are not yet a super power, maybe its time to put the "Fear of God" to these communists.

Its a freaking Travel act for Christ sake and these people are threatening Military action.

Oh shit. Wow.

Well I support Taiwan, and I think we sold them out for better relations with China.

Good for Trump. I dont care if he has ulterior motives. The action matters more then the motive.

I bet China steps up actions in the South China sea in response.

Taiwan belongs to china. not sure why anyone would stick up for that delusional little island unless they are only to piss off china which is what US like to do. that whole ´superpower´vs each other thing.

Because Taiwan is a democracy.

The better question is why would any moral human being support Taiwan falling under Chinese subjugation?

The better question is why would any moral human being support Taiwan falling under Chinese subjugation?
Anti democracy specifically anti "white western democracy is in vogue these days its the latest trend.

Thanks to the radical leftists.

I hope all sides wont do anything stupid China US, and Taiwan.

I dont want China to colapse I admire how they have evolved as a people and nation over a milinea, but they are being careless here they could drag down the whole region with them.

693.png

Morals are subjective. Depending where you are in world or what you believe. Pretty much everyone just agree though dont rape, torture, and molest kids. Killing via bombing or US drone strike or genocide by God or whatever else is always justified but dont pretend like China would genocide Taiwanese people.

Grandstanding by everyone involved. Nothing new, and nothing to see.

Morals are subjective. Depending where you are in world or what you believe. Pretty much everyone just agree though dont rape, torture, and molest kids. Killing via bombing or US drone strike or genocide by God or whatever else is always justified but dont pretend like China would genocide Taiwanese people.

Well I for one, don't believe all cultures are equal, and that cultures that view people as having a right to self determination are superior, and those that worship authoritarian policy, whether that be US, Russian, Chinese, or anyone else's authoritarian policies, is inferior in culture.

Sounds like China is threatening military pressure against Taiwan, not America.

It was a bad idea to intervene in their civil war nearly 70 years ago, and Murica could still be dragged back into that quagmire. Interventionism has blow backs, and these unnecessary obligations aren't beneficial to anyone other than the military industrial complex.

Well I for one, don't believe all cultures are equal, and that cultures that view people as having a right to self determination are superior, and those that worship authoritarian policy, whether that be US, Russian, Chinese, or anyone else's authoritarian policies, is inferior in culture.

Cool but they will outlast you is my prediction I think history will prove this.

Anyway if chinese not even genocide the Muslim minority in Xinjiang they wont to Taiwan. It also not your area of the world. Even if China annexed them is that something you think the USA should go to war with China for?

Cool but they will outlast you is my prediction I think history will prove this.

Anyway if chinese not even genocide the Muslim minority in Xinjiang they wont to Taiwan. It also not your area of the world. Even if China annexed them is that something you think the USA should go to war with China for?

Nope. We don't need to go to war. But I support any US President who says we make our own decisions, and that includes who we talk to, who we sign defense agreements with, who we sell weapons to. China doesn't dictate shit to the US.

I'm consistent though, I don't think the US should be dictating shit to China either. We have no right to be the soul provider of security in the South China sea. That should be a joint security operation.

China's Anti-Seccession Law. It would appear based on Article 5 that China would be open to allowing them to continue to govern under a democracy.

Anti-Secession Law:

Article 2:

There is only one China in the world. Both the mainland and Taiwan belong to one China. China's sovereignty and territorial integrity brook no division. Safeguarding China's sovereignty and territorial integrity is the common obligation of all Chinese people, the Taiwan compatriots included.
Taiwan is part of China. The state shall never allow the "Taiwan independence" secessionist forces to make Taiwan secede from China under any name or by any means.[26]
Article 5:

Upholding the principle of one China is the basis of peaceful reunification of the country.
To reunify the country through peaceful means best serves the fundamental interests of the compatriots on both sides of the Taiwan Straits. The state shall do its utmost with maximum sincerity to achieve a peaceful reunification.
After the country is reunified peacefully, Taiwan may practice systems different from those on the mainland and enjoy a high degree of autonomy.

China's Anti-Seccession Law. It would appear based on Article 5 that China would be open to allowing them to continue to govern under a democracy.

Anti-Secession Law:

Article 2:

There is only one China in the world. Both the mainland and Taiwan belong to one China. China's sovereignty and territorial integrity brook no division. Safeguarding China's sovereignty and territorial integrity is the common obligation of all Chinese people, the Taiwan compatriots included.
Taiwan is part of China. The state shall never allow the "Taiwan independence" secessionist forces to make Taiwan secede from China under any name or by any means.[26]
Article 5:

Upholding the principle of one China is the basis of peaceful reunification of the country.
To reunify the country through peaceful means best serves the fundamental interests of the compatriots on both sides of the Taiwan Straits. The state shall do its utmost with maximum sincerity to achieve a peaceful reunification.
After the country is reunified peacefully, Taiwan may practice systems different from those on the mainland and enjoy a high degree of autonomy.

exactly what i thought. annex it and give it a greater amount of autonomy then in 50 or 100 years it is likely that you can reduce that autonomy because people will forget and get used to things.

Nope. We don't need to go to war. But I support any US President who says we make our own decisions, and that includes who we talk to, who we sign defense agreements with, who we sell weapons to. China doesn't dictate shit to the US.

I'm consistent though, I don't think the US should be dictating shit to China either. We have no right to be the soul provider of security in the South China sea. That should be a joint security operation.

when do you think US should use its military? when is war okay, do you support drone bombing and CIA regime changes and electing manipulating. What about foreign bases

when do you think US should use its military? when is war okay, do you support drone bombing and CIA regime changes and electing manipulating. What about foreign bases

Crazy idea, but I think our department of Defense, should be in the business of defense, not offense.

I am a non-interventionist, which means that I support military force use only in direct territorial defense.

Whatever side of the political spectrum you're on, it's undoubtedly better to have the US as the world police than China. As China looks to world domination, there will be a fight, and the US should be supported in that fight. China still reveres Mao ffs and have now gotten rid of whatever tiny shred of democracy they had. This is not who we want in the driver's seat.

Whatever side of the political spectrum you're on, it's undoubtedly better to have the US as the world police than China. As China looks to world domination, there will be a fight, and the US should be supported in that fight. China still reveres Mao ffs and have now gotten rid of whatever tiny shred of democracy they had. This is not who we want in the driver's seat.

This and this I am getting tired of the Chinese appologists and US haters here saying things like oh "but Drone strikes"

Chairman Mao starved his own people for fucks sake he instigated red guards to murder the "elite" his fucking ideology is cancer and he does not even have a fucking drone to do it now imagine if he has 10 carrier batlegroupd in 1965? he could have killed more.

Enough of this whataboutism and bothsidisms.

I do believe there will be war by 2030, the west will not secede power to a communist asian country without using their main advantage, thier military power.

China has not shown any ambition to become the world police like the US, their sphere of influence is regional and they wish to keep it that way. Its one of the reasons why African goverments like doing business with them, no strings attached, show me the money. No moral grandstanding, no demands to implement their system of government, etc.

But back to topic, everything going on right now points to war:

- expansion into the south china sea, creation of artificial islands and bases.
- major deployments of US carrier groups to the pacific
- Xi extending his ability to rule for life (Xi and the CCP believe there will be war and I think this is a move to consolidate things beforehand, no change in leadership equals more time and less distraction to prepare for the event)
- ongoing tensions with North Korea
- US the only country not backing OBOR
- Military spending at all time high in both nations
- increased anti-Chinese propaganda being spread in the west
- increased anti-Western propaganda being spread in China, and other asian nations as well such as the Phillipines and South Korea.

Chinas current military budget is around 200 billion, but anaylists believe the actual figure to be much higher, due to cheaper production costs and other factors.

Also, Carriers are not as powerful on the seas as they used to be due to current missle tech. I don't blame China for not investing in such expensive craft, just one can cost 10s of billions.

Its scary how much China invest in cyber warfare, hacking, etc. They've shown they have the ability to shoot down sattelites, how far along is their EMP tech? They have undetectable subs, we already know that, which makes carriers even more vulnerable.

I guess we will have to see how it all unfolds. But imo war is inevitable at this point, its just a matter of when.

Back