China sends carrier through Taiwan Strait

Remember when everyone would say ,.but China has no navy ....not good

These people are building islands and empty cities...

U.s in debt to them

China has not shown any ambition to become the world police like the US, their sphere of influence is regional and they wish to keep it that way. Its one of the reasons why African goverments like doing business with them, no strings attached, show me the money. No moral grandstanding, no demands to implement their system of government, etc..

This is such an awesome post. You are totally correct about China not trying to force their culture on Africa. America does like to force itself on others.

This and this I am getting tired of the Chinese appologists and US haters here saying things like oh "but Drone strikes"

Chairman Mao starved his own people for fucks sake he instigated red guards to murder the "elite" his fucking ideology is cancer and he does not even have a fucking drone to do it now imagine if he has 10 carrier batlegroupd in 1965? he could have killed more.

Enough of this whataboutism and bothsidisms.

Wait, tell me more about this red guard, and murdering the elite.

I kid, I kid. Mao was a psychopath.

I do believe there will be war by 2030, the west will not secede power to a communist asian country without using their main advantage, thier military power.

China has not shown any ambition to become the world police like the US, their sphere of influence is regional and they wish to keep it that way. Its one of the reasons why African goverments like doing business with them, no strings attached, show me the money. No moral grandstanding, no demands to implement their system of government, etc.

But back to topic, everything going on right now points to war:

- expansion into the south china sea, creation of artificial islands and bases.
- major deployments of US carrier groups to the pacific
- Xi extending his ability to rule for life (Xi and the CCP believe there will be war and I think this is a move to consolidate things beforehand, no change in leadership equals more time and less distraction to prepare for the event)
- ongoing tensions with North Korea
- US the only country not backing OBOR
- Military spending at all time high in both nations
- increased anti-Chinese propaganda being spread in the west
- increased anti-Western propaganda being spread in China, and other asian nations as well such as the Phillipines and South Korea.

Chinas current military budget is around 200 billion, but anaylists believe the actual figure to be much higher, due to cheaper production costs and other factors.

Also, Carriers are not as powerful on the seas as they used to be due to current missle tech. I don't blame China for not investing in such expensive craft, just one can cost 10s of billions.

Its scary how much China invest in cyber warfare, hacking, etc. They've shown they have the ability to shoot down sattelites, how far along is their EMP tech? They have undetectable subs, we already know that, which makes carriers even more vulnerable.

I guess we will have to see how it all unfolds. But imo war is inevitable at this point, its just a matter of when.

China seems awfully interested in central and South America for this post to really be true.

Also, what China is doing in Africa right now is just a more soft handed form of colonialism. If what China is doing in Africa is good, then so is what the world bank does. I tend to think both are predatory.

If the Chinese really want to test their new boat they should send it further. They should try the Panama Canal next time. Or dock it in LA harbor, and everyone get off ship and go to Din Tai Fung in SGV.

If the Chinese really want to test their new boat they should send it further. They should try the Panama Canal next time. Or dock it in LA harbor, and everyone get off ship and go to Din Tai Fung in SGV.

I wonder when will China have their own version of the great white fleet. I can see them doing that in 4 to 6 years time.

I wonder when will China have their own version of the great white fleet. I can see them doing that in 4 to 6 years time.

I dont see why it has to take that long. Just buy other peoples ships, or pay them to help you build. I sure the Russians, and Putin will gladly take Chinese money. Heck they can go back to Dalian (old Port Arthur) for sentimental reasons.

I do believe there will be war by 2030, the west will not secede power to a communist asian country without using their main advantage, thier military power.

China has not shown any ambition to become the world police like the US, their sphere of influence is regional and they wish to keep it that way. Its one of the reasons why African goverments like doing business with them, no strings attached, show me the money. No moral grandstanding, no demands to implement their system of government, etc.

But back to topic, everything going on right now points to war:

- expansion into the south china sea, creation of artificial islands and bases.
- major deployments of US carrier groups to the pacific
- Xi extending his ability to rule for life (Xi and the CCP believe there will be war and I think this is a move to consolidate things beforehand, no change in leadership equals more time and less distraction to prepare for the event)
- ongoing tensions with North Korea
- US the only country not backing OBOR
- Military spending at all time high in both nations
- increased anti-Chinese propaganda being spread in the west
- increased anti-Western propaganda being spread in China, and other asian nations as well such as the Phillipines and South Korea.

Chinas current military budget is around 200 billion, but anaylists believe the actual figure to be much higher, due to cheaper production costs and other factors.

Also, Carriers are not as powerful on the seas as they used to be due to current missle tech. I don't blame China for not investing in such expensive craft, just one can cost 10s of billions.

Its scary how much China invest in cyber warfare, hacking, etc. They've shown they have the ability to shoot down sattelites, how far along is their EMP tech? They have undetectable subs, we already know that, which makes carriers even more vulnerable.

I guess we will have to see how it all unfolds. But imo war is inevitable at this point, its just a matter of when.

Oh yeah the Chinese are so smart that they did not invest in building super cariers and instead super sonic missiles the US,Pentagon so dumb build build carriers that will vet wreck and they dont know it.

Tottaly believable

I dont see why it has to take that long. Just buy other peoples ships, or pay them to help you build. I sure the Russians, and Putin will gladly take Chinese money. Heck they can go back to Dalian (old Port Arthur) for sentimental reasons.

The Chinese has their own capabilities to build fleets and they want to make a big point. They are playing the long game.

Oh yeah the Chinese are so smart that they did not invest in building super cariers and instead super sonic missiles the US,Pentagon so dumb build build carriers that will vet wreck and they dont know it.

Tottaly believable

Given the value they represent (in terms of symbolism, money and human life) it isn't entirely obvious that carriers would be a smart investment in the event of a near-peer war at sea.

This is the era of might makes right (and filthy rich) and little countries with weak military are shit out of luck.

The Chinese Carrier is like their death star!

Taiwan could be Alderan and princess Li Ya needs to escape and get help from Ong Bing Wang Qi No Bing!

I think Luke is Japanese

It was a bad idea to intervene in their civil war nearly 70 years ago, and Murica could still be dragged back into that quagmire. Interventionism has blow backs, and these unnecessary obligations aren't beneficial to anyone other than the military industrial complex.

agreed i dont understand this constant neccessity for americans to involve themselves in every war.

taiwanese are chineae ffs.

Fuck China.

tumblr_mds8nhQrJw1qh15xko1_500.gif

It was a bad idea to intervene in their civil war nearly 70 years ago, and Murica could still be dragged back into that quagmire. Interventionism has blow backs, and these unnecessary obligations aren't beneficial to anyone other than the military industrial complex.
Millions of Taiwanese people disagree with you, and having lived in Taiwan and mainland China, I also disagree with you.

Because of US intervention, Taiwan developed into a prosperous society. Its standard of living is significantly higher than that of mainland China. Its natural resources are in far better shape than the mainland. Perhaps ironically, it has preserved key elements of Chinese culture better than China itself. Furthermore, Taiwan has a thriving democracy. When I walk down the street here in Taiwan I see political ads for candidates at all levels of government. Political participation is very important for people here, young and old. Contrast with mainland China, where no one really talks about domestic politics except to complain about corruption.

Without US intervention, none of this would have been possible. The island would have fallen almost immediately, and Taiwan would have experienced Mao's China.

Last edited:
China's Anti-Seccession Law. It would appear based on Article 5 that China would be open to allowing them to continue to govern under a democracy.

Anti-Secession Law:

Article 2:

There is only one China in the world. Both the mainland and Taiwan belong to one China. China's sovereignty and territorial integrity brook no division. Safeguarding China's sovereignty and territorial integrity is the common obligation of all Chinese people, the Taiwan compatriots included.
Taiwan is part of China. The state shall never allow the "Taiwan independence" secessionist forces to make Taiwan secede from China under any name or by any means.[26]
Article 5:

Upholding the principle of one China is the basis of peaceful reunification of the country.
To reunify the country through peaceful means best serves the fundamental interests of the compatriots on both sides of the Taiwan Straits. The state shall do its utmost with maximum sincerity to achieve a peaceful reunification.
After the country is reunified peacefully, Taiwan may practice systems different from those on the mainland and enjoy a high degree of autonomy.
That hasn't gone well in Hong Kong. There's a reason most Taiwanese people are opposed to unification with the PRC.

Sounds like China is threatening military pressure against Taiwan, not America.
Taiwan is incapable of defending itself without the US. The moment we leave the theater, Taiwan is back in Chinese hands.

Most Canadians have British heritage. I guess the UK should invade and recapture Canada.

oh come on thats not a fair comparison. taiwan is chinese, exists right off china, no shared history with america, no cultural or racial ties.

so yeh go and protect their freedom.

Back