China to bar people with bad 'social credit' from planes, trains

I can see this going beyond politics as kids who are born into poverty will be more likely to have less social credit, creating a cycle since their own kids will be placed in the same situation.
did you even read? you dont have less social credit because you were born poor. you get your social credit reduced if you fuck up.

did you even read? you dont have less social credit because you were born poor. you get your social credit reduced if you fuck up.
I said likely to get it not born into it, poor dumbs are more likely to fuck up in this credit system. Is normal.

Cool, but being barred from a plane because some dude wrote a smartass apology to a Judge is far from 'chilling'. You know whats 'chilling'? Bombing people and droning them, thats 'chilling'.

Ok, well what do you say to someone like me who is hyper critical of our murder for profit foreign policy, and who also says the Chinese government doing this is just as Orwellian as the US's global surveillance systems, and both are authoritarian, and anti basic human rights........like a right to privacy, a right to a warrant that describes reasonable cause, and the place and person to be searched. The right to due process.

Hey the US government maybe wearing no clothes, but that doesn't mean liberty should die.

Welcome to China where if your neighbor doesn't like You, you lose privileges.

Id love to hear how this is worse than the credit score system we have here. Looks like the same thing to me.

I definitely do not agree with this.

In terms of Western democracies, I'd say we're easily the least self-critical. Because our society and political system have been buoyed by the greatest economy in world history, our polity is completely and unreasonably assured of our system's inherent stability and functionality. In reality, our political system isn't nearly as effective or representative as parliamentary systems. Also, despite being the most murderous nation in the world in terms of war casualties, we're perpetually deluded into thinking we're the good guys.

On the other side, two similar Western democracies, France and Germany, are skeptical of themselves. Because France is on its Fifth Republic, and has had so much historical turmoil in governing itself, they are naturally very skeptical of their political stability and superiority. Because Germany was the home of Nazism and genocide, Germany is extremely skeptical of its own moral position. Honestly, if it weren't for the United States' racial minorities, self-criticism would be almost nonexistent.

In terms of being self-critical:

1. Germany
2. France
3. Norway/Sweden
5. Canada
6. Belgium/Netherlands
8. Denmark

Japan seems like the least self-critical in the world. They haven't internationally made concessions for WWII and they haven't even acknowledged the Rape of Nanking.

Also, Latin Americans seem to be, in my experience, considerably more self-critical than Americans. You're a fine enough example: can you imagine the backlash if you spoke of the United States and its citizens in the same tone as some of the posters here have spoken of Mexico and its citizens?

few germans i have met and french are all self critical. Americans and what this forum shows me is they are not and are proud to not which is fine most of 2nd and 3rd world is this way. oh and 1st world countries like japan

This seems like a continuation of the 'sesame credit' concept that was being developed in China a few years ago. The 'gamification' of being a compliant citizen basically, however compliance is deemed at any given time. Including how one interacts on social media.

From my understanding the Chinese government works with giant corporations like Allibaba to implement these kinds of things as it requires monitoring and compiling a lot of data about you that cross the computer networks of large firms.

It makes sense as a social engineering strategy.

China will probably try something like soviet union did with inside internal migration to in many ways they become more like it.. EU has issue of upset demographic balance of countries everyone wanting to leave shittier countries and citiies for big cities. Soviet union made it almost impossible to so everyone was stuck in there home countries and regions and ethnic bubbles unless you were politicain it sound bad but it made all regions stable and productive not brain drain everywhere.

China is not Communist. They are Communist in name only.

China is a Capitalistic Racial Nationalist government and society. They moved away from government owning the means of production to EthnoNationalism and hyper Capitalism.
Being a 1 party state does not make them Communist, if that were the case then Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar, Egypt, Jordan, Kuwait etc.. would all be Communist.

A Soviet Communist said something to this effect: The Capitalist will sell us the rope we will use to hang them with.

The US and the West has been selling the totalitarian Chinese the rope they are using to wage economic war and attempts at world hegemony.

communism just the economic ideology. it not mean love of gay or trans or racially equality. how you define who is human or who is citizen is a different thing. if china consider some people less human and make it hard for who can become citizen then it not be against communist ideology.

South Koreans were low IQ peasants in the 70s, now they are a tech hub.

They shouldnt had gone for nukes if they didnt wanted sanctions.

North Korea hasnt been war ravaged for decades, they had the backing of Russia and then China and they still managed to fail.

They failed because China and Russia enabled the totalitarian Kim dynasty.

Well South Korea and China both had lower GDPs than Africa at the time, but I'm sure there were many high IQ people there who were more fit to lead than the likes of the Kim family. Its like taking an ignorant redneck and making him the king without any prior education, training or political background. Some bloodlines weren't meant to rule, Kim family would have made excellent military generals but not everyone has the genetic disposition or natural intelligence and discipline to lead millions.

Backing by China doesn't mean much from the 50s to 90s, they were just as poor as NK, China doesn't have shit for arable land either compared to its size, they import a great deal of their food, same with Russia. NK needs to trade minerals/lumber for food, UN trade sanctions greatly limits their ability to do this. Also, China is not as close to NK as you might think, post Korean war there were even threats of war from both sides, and Kim and Mao had a bit of falling out. China is not NKs big brother, the Kims don't really take shit from anybody and they don't look up to China. The relationship between NK and China is extremely complicated and sometimes even hostile, its a huge misconception by westerners that China and NK are close allies, they are not.

As for the Nukes, trade sanctions were already in place before development of Nuclear weapons were underway, you have to remember that 17 UN nations fought against the North Koreans, post war the entire world shunned them. A nation with barely any arable land, now unable to trade effectively, almost any nation would suffer from mass starvation in this scenario, Kim or no Kim.

From Kims perspective, he developed Nukes to secure power for his bloodline and to prevent the nation from being invaded by the UN. Let me ask you, if Kim never developed Nukes and China never became a world power, do you think North Korea would still exist right now? How many NK/SK and UN lives would have been lost in the war, tens of millions?

The Chinese thru out its History have experience great progress and wealth only to be undermined by Emperors with unrealistic or mis calculated policies.

Chairman Mao unified China in the 50s only to implement the Cultural revolution that caused a setback.

So I wont be surprised if Mr.Xi extends this credit system to business practice and ruin the ecconomy once again.

Its not that Mr.Xi is bad or evil he may really have good intentions but that does not mean it is the right way or it would work.
That's a good point but I';d like to think there's enough establishment and isntitutional inertia for the market reforms to be able to resist someone like Mr.Xi

Id love to hear how this is worse than the credit score system we have here. Looks like the same thing to me.

That you can use the courts to challenge your credit score.

That not being able to borrow money is a far cry from being able to use long distance transportation.

One means you don't have money that you haven't earned yet. The other strips you of your right to travel beyond the local area in a timely fashion.

few germans i have met and french are all self critical. Americans and what this forum shows me is they are not and are proud to not which is fine most of 2nd and 3rd world is this way. oh and 1st world countries like japan

I don't get much backlash. I have to defend that flat hanging upside down more than anything.

Well if it is it's really stretching it.

Got to the part of where they actually showed their numbers and the first example was a million or so for the soviet/afghan war.

Didn't know America killed so many people in that war...

Looks like that source is biased of some sorts.

That's a good point but I';d like to think there's enough establishment and isntitutional inertia for the market reforms to be able to resist someone like Mr.Xi

Yeah if Xi wants to go all Momo Mao either we see Tianamen 2.1 or he get Nixoned!

That you can use the courts to challenge your credit score.
That not being able to borrow money is a far cry from being able to use long distance transportation.

One means you don't have money that you haven't earned yet. The other strips you of your right to travel beyond the local area in a timely fashion.

I first heard about the Chinese blacklist which was meant to bar 'bad tourists' who had embarrassed China overseas for fighting, taking a shit in public etc. But now I read that China already has an existing social credit system and added bad tourists to the list.

well im gonna stop sleeping with their women that are coming to America to escape China ok no im not, dammit.......

Back