Chinese leader mocks weak, western Christian values.

This is who this thread was directed at. You are not a good person first of all. The fact that you think you are a good person means you aren't. Being a good person is not something one bestows on oneself. Everybody is good in their own eyes. The villain is the hero of his own tale.

Who are you being good for? By what standard are you good? It is all horseshit. Be good and a doormat.

I never said I am a good person. I said I'd rather be viewed as one than seen as a powerful leader who had to do immoral things to get there. Our culture idolizes people who indulge rather than people of character so no surprise you like Xi as well. China is a materialistic spiritual hellhole and I truly feel saddened that this is the direction that they have moved in and even more saddened that they are now openly embracing it.

A doormat? I believe one can defend themselves from harm when necessary.

Last edited:
I never said I am a good person. I said I'd rather be viewed as one than seen as a powerful leader who had to do immoral things to get there. Our culture idolizes people who indulge rather than people of character so no surprise you like Xi as well. China is a materialistic spiritual hellhole and I truly feel saddened that this is the direction that they have moved in and even more saddened that they are now openly embracing it.

A doormat? I believe one can defend themselves from harm when necessary.

Oh, so you don't even care about being good. Just PERCEIVED as good. By other people. Approval of the herd. I thought so. That is both cowardly and vain. To want to be liked is vain.

Absolutely nothing weak about what the Constitution and Bill of Rights represent

lol. so true. Those Chinese sneaky as fuck. With that new age spiritual shit to disarm us. They pumped more weakness into our society cuz they noticed Christianity was in decline. I can't help but admire them though. They are playing their hand so well. We have no fuckin idea.

"They pumped more weakness into our society cuz they noticed Christianity was in decline." This is a accurate assessment and Russia did their best to undermine Christianity during the Cold War for the same reason.
The concept of meekness and Christianity like so many things is totally misunderstood. It's actually totally confounding in it's scope and must be self imposed is the only real conclusion one can arrive at. Behold the zeitgeist.
Turning the other cheek, or meekness, means strength under control. Sometimes the bigger man just walks away when he could have destroyed the guy or gal getting in their face. The persons who's fragile ego that got bruised goes immediately into a violent rage. Ever worked around some one like that?
Turning the other cheek means standing your ground rather than running away.
Meekness- a stallion under control.

http://www.basictraining.org/print.php?nid=216

The word praus, "meekness," means "power under control." Praus was used by the Greeks for a war horse that was trained to obey instantly and absolutely, no matter how great the confusion of battle. The Lipizzaner stallions are a modern rendition of the ancient Greek warhorse. Some of the stunts these horses do—such as the capriole, where the horse leaps straight up in the air and kicks his hind legs back—were actually used by the Greeks in training their horses for battle.

When the Greeks could take a horse, with the phenomenal inherent power that can propel a thousand-pound animal at speeds over 35 miles an hour, and bring that magnificent animal under the total control of just a touch—maybe just leg pressure or knee pressure—and have that horse do exactly what they wanted, then they called that horse praus.

When we talk about the meekness of Jesus Christ, what do we mean? We are talking about the Creator of the universe, who measures the universe with the span of His hand, walking around among members of the human race, allowing people to abuse Him, to afflict Him, and ultimately to put Him on the cross. That is what the word praus means. It means that He could have snuffed out the universe with the snap of His fingers, but He had His power under control.

Oh, so you don't even care about being good. Just PERCEIVED as good. By other people. Approval of the herd. I thought so. That is both cowardly and vain. To want to be liked is vain.

You need to stop looking up to people like this. Strength doesn't come from conquering your enemies, it comes from helping and protecting those who do not have strength to help themselves. Why is compassion a bad thing to you?

He's not wrong. China is hard, purpose driven by their national interests and unswayed by emotion. We need men with the same mindset.

So is most of America, despite what you see on TV.

Funny, most folks I saw in China were pretty sad, either poor and miserable trudging through life, or addicted to their consumption of technology without any reference to questions of value or meaning.
What I experienced wasn’t toughness, but a meekness that leaned on oppressive economics to keep the concerns of the state moving.

Faux Nietzschian values can get fucked.

Most people are slaves to the carnal mind which is why I think it is strange that people attack Christianity which actively tries to combat that. Happiness only comes when we stop desiring so many things that only make our lives worse. This isn't a Chinese or an American thing. It is a problem with our nature, the good thing is we don't need to be ruled by it and we can stop it by following his teachings.

I will say that China is even more lost because their government actively attempts to drive away such thought. If citizens start awakening then they won't buy into materialism and there goes their economy. Fortunately there are plenty of churches that I've been to so maybe things will change. The best people I met in China were Christians

There isn't anything wrong with eating dogs. If you eat any other animal you can't judge people for eating dogs.

I prefer dogs to many people. So fuck you and fuck them;)

Nor am I but wasn't sure with your username. Anyway, I understand your sentiment but I do think that China gets way too much hate here for dog consumption. I've lived in China and most people don't eat dog there. I do however think it is wrong to hold a dog in such high regard and then treat other creatures so terribly.

Nor am I but wasn't sure with your username. Anyway, I understand your sentiment but I do think that China gets way too much hate here for dog consumption. I've lived in China and most people don't eat dog there. I do however think it is wrong to hold a dog in such high regard and then treat other creatures so terribly.

I chose my username on the basis I thought it sounded cool;) In any case, the real Knights Templar were disbanded and many of the Brothers were tortured and executed by the Vatican on charges of(among other things)Heresy and worshipping the Devil.

In fact, most of the charges were simply an excuse for the Pope and the King of France to get their hands on the Templar Order's vast wealth.

Logically, I can't argue with you. However, this is one of those instances where I simply don't care about logic. I like dogs. Given the choice between eating a dog and eating a human? I'll take fries and a Coke with my Long Pig, thank you.

Dogs are awesome.
They not only provide companionship, they are a working animal, as well.
They are honorary people, as far as I'm concerned.

Most people are slaves to the carnal mind which is why I think it is strange that people attack Christianity which actively tries to combat that. Happiness only comes when we stop desiring so many things that only make our lives worse. This isn't a Chinese or an American thing. It is a problem with our nature, the good thing is we don't need to be ruled by it and we can stop it by following his teachings.

I will say that China is even more lost because their government actively attempts to drive away such thought. If citizens start awakening then they won't buy into materialism and there goes their economy. Fortunately there are plenty of churches that I've been to so maybe things will change. The best people I met in China were Christians
Agreed. A soft asceticism makes folks happier. Or as Tyler pointed out, our shit ends up owning us... philosophers have been saying that for 3000 years

"They pumped more weakness into our society cuz they noticed Christianity was in decline." This is a accurate assessment and Russia did their best to undermine Christianity during the Cold War for the same reason.
The concept of meekness and Christianity like so many things is totally misunderstood. It's actually totally confounding in it's scope and must be self imposed is the only real conclusion one can arrive at. Behold the zeitgeist.
Turning the other cheek, or meekness, means strength under control. Sometimes the bigger man just walks away when he could have destroyed the guy or gal getting in their face. The persons who's fragile ego that got bruised goes immediately into a violent rage. Ever worked around some one like that?
Turning the other cheek means standing your ground rather than running away.
Meekness- a stallion under control.

http://www.basictraining.org/print.php?nid=216

The word praus, "meekness," means "power under control." Praus was used by the Greeks for a war horse that was trained to obey instantly and absolutely, no matter how great the confusion of battle. The Lipizzaner stallions are a modern rendition of the ancient Greek warhorse. Some of the stunts these horses do—such as the capriole, where the horse leaps straight up in the air and kicks his hind legs back—were actually used by the Greeks in training their horses for battle.

When the Greeks could take a horse, with the phenomenal inherent power that can propel a thousand-pound animal at speeds over 35 miles an hour, and bring that magnificent animal under the total control of just a touch—maybe just leg pressure or knee pressure—and have that horse do exactly what they wanted, then they called that horse praus.

When we talk about the meekness of Jesus Christ, what do we mean? We are talking about the Creator of the universe, who measures the universe with the span of His hand, walking around among members of the human race, allowing people to abuse Him, to afflict Him, and ultimately to put Him on the cross. That is what the word praus means. It means that He could have snuffed out the universe with the snap of His fingers, but He had His power under control.

I am aware of what you are talking about. I am student of Sun Tzu. Sometimes the best way to win a fight is not to show up. I get that. But there was no such strategy by Jesus. Christianity also made the poor and weak the most favored people. That was great marketing. Before, the Gods only listened to rich and influential people.

If Jesus comes back with a sword and cleans house I will apologize.

Kill or be killed is a false dichotomy @JonesBones. I will leave you with these two quotes from Primo Levi. I think he will speak truer than I can in an attempt to escape the eternal recurrence.

“In the West you have the notion that if somebody hits you on the left cheek, you turn the other cheek,” Xi said in the report, according to people briefed on his remarks. “In our culture, we punch back.”

This is the mindset we are dealing with. Your tolerance will not save you. Thankfully Trump is an atheist no matter who he panders to. You liberals are falling on your sword and gonna get us killed just like Jesus got himself killed. Wake the fuck up. I am sick of you Christians in atheist clothing.

Xi is a fuckin atheist. You aren't.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/25/xi-reportedly-answers-trumps-tariffs-we-punch-back.html

“Auschwitz is outside of us, but it is all around us, in the air. The plague has died away, but the infection still lingers and it would be foolish to deny it. Rejection of human solidarity, obtuse and cynical indifference to the suffering of others, abdication of the intellect and of moral sense to the principle of authority, and above all, at the root of everything, a sweeping tide of cowardice, a colossal cowardice which masks itself as warring virtue, love of country and faith in an idea.”

I am aware of what you are talking about. I am student of Sun Tzu. Sometimes the best way to win a fight is not to show up. I get that. But there was no such strategy by Jesus. Christianity also made the poor and weak the most favored people. That was great marketing. Before, the Gods only listened to rich and influential people.

If Jesus comes back with a sword and cleans house I will apologize.

“A country is considered the more civilised the more the wisdom and efficiency of its laws hinder a weak man from becoming too weak and a powerful one too powerful.”

Back