Chinese leader mocks weak, western Christian values.

Kill or be killed is a false dichotomy @JonesBones. I will leave you with these two quotes from Primo Levi. I think he will speak truer than I can in an attempt to escape the eternal recurrence.

“Auschwitz is outside of us, but it is all around us, in the air. The plague has died away, but the infection still lingers and it would be foolish to deny it. Rejection of human solidarity, obtuse and cynical indifference to the suffering of others, abdication of the intellect and of moral sense to the principle of authority, and above all, at the root of everything, a sweeping tide of cowardice, a colossal cowardice which masks itself as warring virtue, love of country and faith in an idea.”

“A country is considered the more civilised the more the wisdom and efficiency of its laws hinder a weak man from becoming too weak and a powerful one too powerful.”

For people like Kant, Tolstoy and Jesus it is an absolute. They would not commit violence in self defense or any circumstances. That can work sometimes but not all the time.

I admire Jesus in the way I admire Socrates. They both could have lived if they just shut up and went along with things. They were given a chance. I remember hearing about Socrates death in a philosophy class. Why he wouldn't just repent. The teacher said because it would invalidate everything he ever did. He taught his students this way all his life and will not go back on it to save his skin. The Unabomber is similar. lol. His defense team wanted him to plead insanity to save his life but it was a matter of principle to him. He was not insane. To plead insanity would be to shit on all his convictions.

And Auschwitz is not outside of us. It is INSIDE of us. That is where it came from. The Dark Side is not just in Vader and Siths. It is in the Jedi too. And if you don't know it, you will turn to the dark side. Know thyself.

For people like Kant, Tolstoy and Jesus it is an absolute. They would not commit violence in self defense or any circumstances. That can work sometimes but not all the time.

I admire Jesus in the way I admire Socrates. They both could have lived if they just shut up and went along with things. They were given a chance. I remember hearing about Socrates death in a philosophy class. Why he wouldn't just repent. The teacher said because it would invalidate everything he ever did. He taught his students this way all his life and will not go back on it to save his skin. The Unabomber is similar. lol. His defense team wanted him to plead insanity to save his life but it was a matter of principle to him. He was not insane. To plead insanity would be to shit on all his convictions.

And Auschwitz is not outside of us. It is INSIDE of us. That is where it came from. The Dark Side is not just in Vader and Siths. It is in the Jedi too. And if you don't know it, you will turn to the dark side.

Kant believed in perpetual peace through the league of nations since it was a vehicle of freedom, solidarity, equality, and public justice. Kant, just like Primo Levi, myself, and Jesus, also believed that humanity would transcend war. Don't make it seem as if war is the eternal state of human existence - that is pure bullshit. War amongst humans is a temporary psycho-social affliction that has a very clear remedy, but it's a remedy that the most powerful do not want to apply, because they live by the same mantra as you: might makes right.

Kant believed in perpetual peace through the league of nations since it was a vehicle of freedom, solidarity, equality, and public justice. Kant, just like Primo Levi, myself, and Jesus, also believed that humanity would transcend war. Don't make it seem as if war is the eternal state of human existence - that is pure bullshit. War amongst humans is a temporary psycho-social affliction that has a very clear remedy, but it's a remedy that the most powerful do not want to apply, because they live by the same mantra as you: might makes right.

Do you believe the same about other animals? That their violent tendencies are a temporary psycho-social affliction?

I am not saying that is how it should be. I am saying how it is. I am describing. Not prescribing. Might makes right in this world.

I am aware of what you are talking about. I am student of Sun Tzu. Sometimes the best way to win a fight is not to show up. I get that. But there was no such strategy by Jesus. Christianity also made the poor and weak the most favored people. That was great marketing. Before, the Gods only listened to rich and influential people.

If Jesus comes back with a sword and cleans house I will apologize.

We might be talking past each other a bit here. Not sure if you read to the bottom of my post but the idea was to build a kingdom not of might is right but that truth is right. The meek shall inherit the earth through strength under control. People have a free will to choose to "love this world/system" like a pig in shit and it's dog eat dog ways or hate it. It's not so much wheather people were rich or poor but rather did they have a heart for truth and reality and a desire to treat others like they wanted to be treated.
There were rich disciples and centurions that had a lot of power. Not all poor people were disciples, some feasted like a pig in a trouph and weren't about to give it up.

If some one hates this world/system it it's the beginning of a journey that could take several different paths.

Hitler hated Christianity but championed "the will".

"We don't need a weak Jew crucified but blood under Nordic boots."

We might be talking past each other a bit here. Not sure if you read to the bottom of my post but the idea was to build a kingdom not of might is right but that truth is right. The meek shall inherit the earth through strength under control. People have a free will to choose to "love this world/system" like a pig in shit and it's dog eat dog ways or hate it. It's not so much wheather people were rich or poor but rather did they have a heart for truth and reality and a desire to treat others like they wanted to be treated.
There were rich disciples and centurions that had a lot of power. Not all poor people were disciples, some feasted like a pig in a trouph and weren't about to give it up.

If some one hates this world/system it it's the beginning of a journey that could take several different paths.

Hitler hated Christianity but championed "the will".

"We don't need a weak Jew crucified but blood under Nordic boots."

I get that, I am saying that attitude, "that the meek will inherit the earth and just let things play out" can be exploited by those in power. Christianity can disarm you. Malcolm X said this. Christianity pacified the black man. Made him love his oppressors instead of hate them. Imagine if most african americans belonged to the nation of Islam instead of christian churches. That would be a massive problem for America. Truly organized and hardball black rights groups.

The idea of Christianity being a slave religion is a popular German idea and goes against the will actually. Hitler was influenced by Will guys.

I get that, I am saying that attitude, "that the meek will inherit the earth and just let things play out" can be exploited by those in power. Christianity can disarm you. Malcolm X said this. Christianity pacified the black man. Made him love his oppressors instead of hate them. Imagine if most african americans belonged to the nation of Islam instead of christian churches. That would be a massive problem for America. Truly organized and hardball black rights groups.

The idea of Christianity being a slave religion is a popular German idea and goes against the will actually. Hitler was influenced by Will guys.

You're not looking at it from the perspective of religious folks. They are playing the long game, an eternal life without suffering after this earthly physical life comes to an end. People that you look up to are in it for earthly pleasures and enslaved by the carnal mind. This is a concept that stretches over thousands of years and across many religions and spiritual beliefs

Do you believe the same about other animals? That their violent tendencies are a temporary psycho-social affliction?

I am not saying that is how it should be. I am saying how it is. I am describing. Not prescribing. Might makes right in this world.

Animals do not self-organize to the extent that we do. Humans have the capacity to create knowledge not just get dominated by it like other animals do. Humans (at least some of us) are aware that living organisms create history, tradition, and change. Animals cannot control their worst urges, but we can. We can choose to be good...to value life and to treat others with respect. Humans have good aspects and bad aspects - we are not perfect beings - and it is up to us to cultivate the aspects that we value. For peace to occur humans require a higher level of individual and social responsibility. We have to come to terms with our being in the world and recognize that this planet was not made for just us (whoever that "us" is). This world is home to many species not just the particular case of humanity and it is our duty as custodians of the planet, not masters of it, to create conditions for life to flourish and not asphyxiate it. Might makes right is the norm of the nation-state system, but that system is temporary and contingent.

Doesn't this Xi guy understand that Christianity is mostly a joke in the US nowadays? This isn't 1984 anymore.

People have less chance to be exploited if they operate from a position of strength under control partly because they have a better possibility of seeing the bigger picture and are less compulsive. Delayed gratification is another perspective on what we're talking about. Almost all ballence successful people emphasize delayed gratification.
Have to agree to disagree with Christianity being a slave religion, it teaches the dignity of all people and of equal value. This teaching actually empowerd people to believe they could rise above their present state but to use truth rather than force.
Would you rather have every black church be a mosque instead? Went to visit a relative in a hospital and a black church was serving free lunch as a way to reach to hurting people. Some of the kindest people I've run into in a long time. They could cook and wanted to know how the relative was doing, really salt of the earth people.

Back