Chinese woman offered refund after facial recognition allows colleague to unlock iPhone X

Drew Peasack

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
jpegger.jpg
"A woman in the eastern Chinese city of Nanjing has been offered a second refund after faulty facial recognition software on two iPhone X handsets allowed her colleague to unlock them.
Yan said the first time it happened, she called the Apple hotline, but the staff would not believe her. Shen then went with her colleague to the nearest Apple store, where her colleague used facial recognition on the phone to demonstrate the issue to staff, according to the report.

The store said the camera might be faulty and gave Yan a refund. But the new iPhone X that she bought also had the same problem, prompting the shop to offer another refund, the report said. No details were given about whether the woman decided to purchase a third iPhone X."

http://www.scmp.com/news/china/soci...ffered-refund-after-facial-recognition-allows

<{anton}>

only explanation, apples facial recognition is racist

iPhone X is trying to say that all Chinese people look the same. I knew Apple was a bunch of racists...

DJnR9CgW0AAFRjP.jpg:large

Is it bad if I stopped reading after "Chinese woman offered refund after facial"?

APPLE IS RACIST OMG IT'S 2017 FFS!! WE NEED TO BOYCOTT APPLE!!!

trumpvsapple3_600x400.jpg

Apple-Strike.jpg

Time go roll out the boob and vagina recognition feature. It's the only way now.

iPhoneXXX*

Seems like something that could have been tested...

at the Apple plant...

in China

It's not like they had a functional alternative like a fingerprint scanner.

<{1-9}>

*dinga dinga dinga*
*ding ding ding*
*dinga dinga dinga*
*ding ding*

*GONNNNNGG*

At some point I think we have to be asking too much of the technology.

I can't wait to read HuffPos article on this

Those two women do look pretty darn similar though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back