International Chomsky: Israeli intervention in US ‘vastly overwhelms' anything Russia has done

Lvnvmma

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Do you agree with Chomsky's assessment? Israel can bypass the US President altogether and speak with congress to push pro-Israeli legislation. The only country that has the power to do this

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ussia-noam-chomsky-donald-trump-a8470481.html

Veteran activist Noam Chomsky has accused Israel of “brazenly” interfering in US electoral politics in a way that vastly outweighs any efforts that may have been carried out by Russia.

In comments in which he accused much of the media of concentrating on stories he considered marginal and ignoring issues such as the “existential threat” of climate change, the 89-year-old linguist said in much of the world, the US media’s focus with Russia’s alleged interference in the 2016 was "a joke".

“First of all, if you’re interested in foreign interference in our elections, whatever the Russians may have done barely counts or weighs in the balance as compared with what another state does, openly, brazenly and with enormous support,” he said.

Mr Chomsky added: “Israeli intervention in US elections vastly overwhelms anything the Russians may have done, I mean, even to the point where the prime minister of Israel, Netanyahu, goes directly to Congress, without even informing the president, and speaks to Congress, with overwhelming applause, to try to undermine the president’s policies - what happened with Obama and Netanyahu in 2015.”

that could have just been a result of Obama being clearly far and away the least supportive of Israel of any US President since it's inception

I think it's great that HE's saying this because, he's Jewish himself. So they can't call him a racist for saying something that a lot of people already know.

I was always a fan of Chomsky.

I'll take 'no shit sherlock' for $1000 Alex.

I will try to update this with a great article I saved from around 2007 that had a lobbyist talk about how they aim to influence top position people in congress who then influence the rest of congress for them

Do you agree with Chomsky's assessment? Israel can bypass the US President altogether and speak with congress to push pro-Israeli legislation. The only country that has the power to do this

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ussia-noam-chomsky-donald-trump-a8470481.html
The world has woken up to this. Americans seem to be the last ones to figure this out. Israeli power within our government is so far beyond reason that most will not even speak of it.

As far as bypassing Trump, be serious,the whole damn Kushner clan literally finances the settlements, the racial colonies illegally built on Palestinian land.

I know... but, but, but... RUSSIA!

that could have just been a result of Obama being clearly far and away the least supportive of Israel of any US President since it's inception
Please! Obama gifted the zionists with the largest aid package ever and the racial colonies expanded at a record pace as did the bulldozing of Palestinian homes and businesses.

Turn off the TV.

If anyone is in a position to know the extent of Russian election interference, it's Chomsky.
:rolleyes:

also, historically I feel like the US receives waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much blame for Israel/Palestine and not the UK

do people even remember the Suez Crises? that the US told France and UK and Israel 'you're tripping, don't do that.' why Israel was even really formed in the first place?

And thank fuck for it.

qCkiWqk.jpg

Israel has far too much influence in both the US and the UK. There was an investigation done by Al Jazeera that showed shady goings on in the UK Labour party by Israel.

its a multi-part, this is part 1

And thank fuck for it.

qCkiWqk.jpg
no doubt, I wasn't implying it was necessarily a bad thing

I fall into the 'leave them alone, let them bang' camp personally over taking a side, although I see why we generally support Israel

I've been saying this since the Russian meddling thing started.

And if the Dems/Repubs were serious about it they would make foreign intervention into US politics illegal, but doing so means Israel would be an even worse offender.

So many literally Hitlers on this forum

I think it's great that HE's saying this because, he's Jewish himself. So they can't call him a racist for saying something that a lot of people already know.

I was always a fan of Chomsky.
When has that stopped anyone? People call Ben Shapiro a nazi ffs while he's wearing a yarmulke.

I've been saying this since the Russian meddling thing started.

And if the Dems/Repubs were serious about it they would make foreign intervention into US politics illegal, but doing so means Israel would be an even worse offender.
Israel is smart, they bought both sides.

Back