Chris Eubank JR and Mayweather

RDL81

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
It seems Eubank Jr has been spending a fair amount of time in the Mayweather Gym anyone know if this is becoming a permanent thing. In my opinion and many others what he needs is a proper coach any chance this could be happening?

It seems Eubank Jr has been spending a fair amount of time in the Mayweather Gym anyone know if this is becoming a permanent thing. In my opinion and many others what he needs is a proper coach any chance this could be happening?
Eubank Jr has ties to the Mayweather gym going way back because that's where he first learned his trade. So I don't think it necessarily means he's going to get a proper coach.

Eubank needs to move back down to Middleweight and he will be just fine. He isn’t a Supermiddle - end of.

Eubank needs to move back down to Middleweight and he will be just fine. He isn’t a Supermiddle - end of.

Agreed but I do agree with the OP as well; he needs a coach that tells him what to do, rather than the other way round. His fight with Groves was embarrassing, he fought like an MMA fighter

Agreed but I do agree with the OP as well; he needs a coach that tells him what to do, rather than the other way round. His fight with Groves was embarrassing, he fought like an MMA fighter

I don’t know what he was actually trying to do in that fight? Was he hoping he’d set to fast a pace for Groves and he’d tire in the second half of the fight? Seemed clueless in there.

I don’t know what he was actually trying to do in that fight? Was he hoping he’d set to fast a pace for Groves and he’d tire in the second half of the fight? Seemed clueless in there.

I know 1 of his regular sparring partners who was convinced he’d run through groves, and I bought in to it. He is a good fighter but he has no direction

Last edited:
I know 1 of his regular sparring partners who was convinced he’d run through groves, and I bought it. He is a good fighter but he has no direction

This!!!! He needs a proper coach simple as that.....when I saw him working with snr I got excited and thought maybe he was going to get a full time coach from that camp.

he usually gets to the gym after i leave, but over the years he has come in and out of the gym. i can check to see if he plans on staying longer. he isnt too approachable and right now he is mad at jeff because jeff picked groves in their fight

as for a proper "coach," i havent seen him working there with anyone specific as of yet. but again, i will check with one of his friends there

he usually gets to the gym after i leave, but over the years he has come in and out of the gym. i can check to see if he plans on staying longer. he isnt too approachable and right now he is mad at jeff because jeff picked groves in their fight

Ha ha ha ha!!! Mad at Jeff, what a baby

Cheers for the info dude.
I know much of how he trains over here as I know one of his regular guys hes spars. I knew groves couldn’t hurt him because generally none of his sparring partners do, and they are pretty much all far bigger. He has his old fellas durability. I was just shocked at how fckin clueless he was and his inability to close the gap and land something significant. It’s is one if the poorest performances I can remember from a guy who is supposedly world level. The frustration is he can fix these issues, but is his ego too big for him to realise that he needs a proper coach. I see him as a massive waste of talent right now

as for a proper "coach," i havent seen him working there with anyone specific as of yet. but again, i will check with one of his friends there
He is approachable, he's like his dad, just appears to look like he's above you lol.

He is approachable, he's like his dad, just appears to look like he's above you lol.
he runs hot and cold. some times he is great and others he acts like he doesnt want to be bothered. this time he hasn't been real approachable. boxers are weird though. it depends if they have a fight coming up, if you said something in an interview they didn't like, etc. i will stick by what i said. if you know him you experience may be different.

Back