Chris Hardwick Reinstated by AMC After Investigation Into Cheating Ex's Unsubstanciated Allegations

Now we know why the AMC investigation wrapped up so quick: the accuser just walked away after throwing a dead cat on the table.

She's pretty smart for still not naming any names though. Plausible deniability from possible libel lawsuits.

Chloe Dykstra Explained Why She Didn’t Participate In AMC’s Investigation Into Chris Hardwick
By Ryan Nagelhout | 07.26.18

Actress Chloe Dykstra spoke out on Twitter Thursday night, clarifying why she didn’t take part in an investigation into abuse allegations against The Talking Dead host Chris Hardwick.

In June, Dykstra wrote a Medium post describing emotional abuse from an anonymous ex-boyfriend, though the allegations were quickly tied to Hardwick. The subsequent fallout of that post was that Hardwick was fully removed from the Nerdest properties he founded and fired from his duties as The Talking Dead host, the talk show that airs after new episodes of The Walking Dead.

Earlier this week, AMC reinstated Hardwick as the show’s host after an investigation into the allegations and despite naming a replacement for him earlier in the month. Yvette Nicole Brown had even replaced Hardwick at the show’s San Diego Comic-Con panels earlier in the month.

On Thursday, Dykstra posted on Twitter a message that shed some light on that investigation. Though she didn’t mention AMC by name, she explained that she didn’t cooperate with an investigation because she doesn’t believe in “an eye for an eye,” and her initial post was simply a way to “move on” from that period in her life.

“I had been adamant since I came forward with my essay that I never set out to ruin the career of the person I spoke about,” Dykstra wrote. “I could have provided more details, but chose not to. I have said what I wanted to say on the matter, and I wish to move on with my life. For that reason, I chose not to participate in the investigation against the person I spoke of. I do not believe in an eye for an eye, and therefore I have only shared my evidence with those who I felt should see it.”

Dykstra refused to use Hardwick’s name in the statement but claimed she wanted to talk to him about the incidents, but things only got worse for her when she tried to communicate through text message.

“I wish I had been able to have had a private conversation with the person I spoke about in my essay,” she wrote. “Reaching out to him over text made me vulnerable, and ultimately ended up in a tabloid article where said texts were chopped up and spun to discredit me.”

Dykstra said she hoped her statement would help “the hatred, the name-calling” and “death threats” stop and return to a more “productive discourse.” Hardwick hasn’t tweeted since the allegations were made public, though three ex-girlfriends have come forward to deny they were abused by Hardwick. He’s expected to return to the AMC airwaves on August 12, when Fear The Walking Dead has its midseason return.

https://uproxx.com/tv/chloe-dykstra-amc-investigation-chris-hardwick/2/

Only among celebrities could it be considered "normal" to "move on" from a relationship by writing a public essay shaming and damaging their ex. Normal people go out with a few drinks with their friends and talk things over. How to f*ck does creating a huuuge public shitstorm in any way equate moving on?

The world needs fewer celebrities.

Lol @ Hardwick's opening speech on The Talking Dead. He started crying.

You are a very, very strange individual.

As the overwhelming majority of the comments in the FB post above would agree, any normal and sane person would be a little emotional to get their life back after it's seemingly destroyed by a bitter ex in the court of public opinion.

If you actually finds that opening speech to be so hilarious that you had to laugh out loud, you are not normal.

Last edited:
Honestly the main thing were seeing now is that entertainment execs are just as soulless as we all thought, happy to let actual abuse carry on in private if it benefits them, happy to throw people under the bus ASAP when bad PR starts.

Happy to see he got his job back after what was done to him, and happy that the crybabies are still proving they don't care about what actually happens just so long as they get their 'justice'.

It's a win win.

You are a very, very strange individual.

As the overwhelming majority of the comments above would agree, any normal and sane person would be emotional to get their life back after it's seemingly destroyed by a bitter ex.

I posted that as it was happening and wasn't bashing him. It's rare to see someone cry on live TV.

So you’re saying there was no problem, with how women were treated in general, or in Hollywood, Silicon Valley, etc?
Describe to me the problem you’re addressing. Clearly, as we can see with Weinstein, there is a problem with Hollywood. There also appears to be some kind of problem within journalism as well. Addressing them is fine (although I don’t actually think they’re being addressed in any sort of meaningful or appropriate way). I can’t speak to Silicon Valley. But how are women “in general” treated in the workplace? Is there some large-scale issue that I’m not aware of? Because most of what I’ve seen seems pretty much above water. There’s a bad apple here and there, but what I’ve seen suggests that there’s no problem in most places. Perhaps you’ve seen differently?

Sherdog mentally, emotionally, sexually abused me. All of the mods participated in it too.

#truth
#metoo
#tears

please fire them all and make me the new Sherdog.
If money is involved I got raped to but 10x worse than you. I met the mods in vegas for a "mod try out". They said that it was going to be a interview about anime and conspiracy theories.

Attachments

• CFzXz-FW0AAfn3v.jpg
    CFzXz-FW0AAfn3v.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 5
Describe to me the problem you’re addressing. Clearly, as we can see with Weinstein, there is a problem with Hollywood. There also appears to be some kind of problem within journalism as well. Addressing them is fine (although I don’t actually think they’re being addressed in any sort of meaningful or appropriate way). I can’t speak to Silicon Valley. But how are women “in general” treated in the workplace? Is there some large-scale issue that I’m not aware of? Because most of what I’ve seen seems pretty much above water. There’s a bad apple here and there, but what I’ve seen suggests that there’s no problem in most places. Perhaps you’ve seen differently?

There has been enough anecdotal evidence in certain industries, like the film industry and computer industry, as well as many other cases reported in other industries, that common sense would tell a normal person that sexual harassment of women in the workplace has been very under reported, and overly pervasive across most industries in America. And yes, there is empirical data out there that suggests exactly that, though it is difficult to create such data in this case due to the nature of the data itself.

So, there has been a widespread issue. You would be virtually alone in your argument against that. Not only that, it wasn’t even the main point of what I was saying. Why you would pick that as your axe to grind, when it is pretty much widely accepted that there is an issue, is interesting though.

There has been enough anecdotal evidence in certain industries, like the film industry and computer industry, as well as many other cases reported in other industries, that common sense would tell a normal person that sexual harassment of women in the workplace has been very under reported, and overly pervasive across most industries in America. And yes, there is empirical data out there that suggests exactly that, though it is difficult to create such data in this case due to the nature of the data itself.

So, there has been a widespread issue. You would be virtually alone in your argument against that. Not only that, it wasn’t even the main point of what I was saying. Why you would pick that as your axe to grind, when it is pretty much widely accepted that there is an issue, is interesting though.
You are 100% extrapolating here. Data points in one or two industries do not prove anything across all industries anymore than saying, “These industries are mostly in California, so the problems with workplace harassment are merely issues with California itself.” And it’s one thing to argue that harassment is underreported, but it’s another thing to say that there’s a sea of issues happening all across America (as you say, “most industries,” which I simply don’t think is true) that aren’t being reported. This is a logic leap in reasoning. I reject your appeal to peer pressure (“you would be virtually alone”). And I reject you trying to shame me from the perspective of questioning my motives. I simply want to seek the truth, and I think your views are based on such exaggerations of the truth that they no longer represent the world as it is. As such, I believe that any solution you might present would treat ants as though they are giants, and thus wholly inappropriate. So my axe to grind is not to defend examples of harassment, but to defend evenhandedness in our approach to the world instead of rushing to the extremes in an attempt to kill an ant with a sledgehammer. And we wonder why this country is a polarized nation built on reducing one another to strawmen...

Was really cool to see him back on the show. I like that he even addressed it right away at the top. We need some (sane) societal push-back to this nonsense. That black chick who refused his job & then stood up for him is a goddamn superhero. Good to see her on there too.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywoo...ing-dead-return-amc-chloe-dykstra-allegations

Says here the executive producer and others that quit did so because Dykstra wasn’t part of the investigation. But it’s not like she was excluded by AMC. She CHOSE to not participate!

<{hughesimpress}>

Now this chick has cost these idiots their jobs too. I wonder if she’ll consider any of them in her thoughts.
Chris has been doing this show for like 7 years apparently, and that producer and crew had to of personally known him, so they took the side of a woman they've never met over a guy they actually know....<SelenaWow>
And we're not even talking about some Cosby level allegations here, or physical abuse.

Just absolutely pathetic, hypocritical bullshit. You don't want to be discriminated for your gender, but have no issue with doing it to a man

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back